Creaking/rattle from behind/under front seat?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Over the past month or so my Mach E (RWD, ER) has developed an intermittent creaking sound behind/under the drivers' side front seat. It really sounds like it's coming from the body, not the seat. It happens if I go over a bump or a dip in the road, or something that "flexes" the car

I don't really know what in the area could be "loose" but curious if anyone else has experienced this type of thing? If I had to really guess it's maybe in the pillar between the front and rear driver side doors? I still need to take the car in for the glass recall, and haven't had the 10k mile "service" done yet. I'm at 11.5k miles so it's overdue for that, and due for the recall
Sponsored

mikeflash

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible, Expedition, Mach e
Country flag
Over the past month or so my Mach E (RWD, ER) has developed an intermittent creaking sound behind/under the drivers' side front seat. It really sounds like it's coming from the body, not the seat. It happens if I go over a bump or a dip in the road, or something that "flexes" the car

I don't really know what in the area could be "loose" but curious if anyone else has experienced this type of thing? If I had to really guess it's maybe in the pillar between the front and rear driver side doors? I still need to take the car in for the glass recall, and haven't had the 10k mile "service" done yet. I'm at 11.5k miles so it's overdue for that, and due for the recall
I get that noise too. Thought it might be the motor click that has been reported; but now that it is a little warmer outside it seems like it is gone. Most all ways heard the click/creaking when the temperature is below 25 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe the battery pan creaks when batteries are cold and frame flexes?

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I get that noise too. Thought it might be the motor click that has been reported; but now that it is a little warmer outside it seems like it is gone. Most all ways heard the click/creaking when the temperature is below 25 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe the battery pan creaks when batteries are cold and frame flexes?
it's definitely not in the motor. I have noticed it is weather-dependent, but I seem to notice it when it's warmer, and less when it's colder. I'm in Atlanta so it hasn't been ultra-cold since I got the car, the coldest it's been when driving is about 32-31F, and I've noticed it way back in Nov/Dec when the temperatures were still in the mid 70s

It's also definitely with something flexing, it happens if I hit a bump, or, when I come down my driveway, which is a slope downward onto a flat parking area. When I transition from the slope to the flat, the middle of the car is kind of up in the air, and it happens then almost universally

mikeflash

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible, Expedition, Mach e
Country flag
it's definitely not in the motor. I have noticed it is weather-dependent, but I seem to notice it when it's warmer, and less when it's colder. I'm in Atlanta so it hasn't been ultra-cold since I got the car, the coldest it's been when driving is about 32-31F, and I've noticed it way back in Nov/Dec when the temperatures were still in the mid 70s

It's also definitely with something flexing, it happens if I hit a bump, or, when I come down my driveway, which is a slope downward onto a flat parking area. When I transition from the slope to the flat, the middle of the car is kind of up in the air, and it happens then almost universally
I am in SE Wisconsin and it has been very cold and now a slight warm up into the 40s two days and the noise went away and is now back. This is annoying but it does come and go depending on road conditions and temperature.

Chicago86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Certified
Country flag
Any fixes with this problem?

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Mine just stopped making the noise. We'll see as the weather gets cooler again if it comes back, maybe it's a sweet spot of not very warm but also not very cold when it was happening

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Mine just stopped making the noise. We'll see as the weather gets cooler again if it comes back, maybe it's a sweet spot of not very warm but also not very cold when it was happening
I think we might have the same issue. It is noticeable most at low speeds on paved roads that are worn, makes a rattle from the back and almost every bump or speed bump you can hear it. Almost like a squeaking noise, thought it was the Styrofoam tray for the inflator kit but removing that didn't seem to make a difference. This issue developed after the HVJB replacement about a month ago.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think we might have the same issue. It is noticeable most at low speeds on paved roads that are worn, makes a rattle from the back and almost every bump or speed bump you can hear it. Almost like a squeaking noise, thought it was the Styrofoam tray for the inflator kit but removing that didn't seem to make a difference. This issue developed after the HVJB replacement about a month ago.
Was there any resolution- I have a noise line this after the HVBJB swap out in the right rear section of the car

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Was there any resolution- I have a noise line this after the HVBJB swap out in the right rear section of the car
Yes it was some of the bolts that hold the shields on that weren’t all the way tight. Have your dealer put it up and check all bolts around the shields and battery pack! Hope this helps!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey Ken! I can take a closer look into your noise concern if you are looking for assistance. Can you send us a PM with your VIN & dealer name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored