John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last night in winter weather I was on a 4 lane Hwy, speed limit 110kph and set cruise to 105kmh. Three times I got unwanted speed increase to 121kmh. Not much traffic late at night but very unsettling. Earlier my wife was following me in cruse on the same highway heading the other way and no problems.
Still trying to figure it out but I think it happened after passing a speed sign.
Anybody else? I just got the 4. update.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What happened is that you have speed sign recognition on. If the car accelerated faster than the speed limit, you also had on a buffer above that. Both of these are in your settings.

When your wife drove, she was likely on HER PROFILE. She has apparently either turned off sign recognition, or lowered the + number.

Sit in your car and change your settings, with your fob/phone with you.

Note that it can also adjust if the database has a speed in it. Page 324 in your manual. Owner.ford.com

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks RickMachE I was pondering that, I did set a tolerance to +16kmh in the settings I remember my wife did not. It was the one thing I was wondering about and I think you nailed it, different fobs.
Cheers

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
So if you have sign recognition on and a buffer your car will accelerate all on its own. I have been having problems with that and I consider that a dangerous bug. I'll be on the highway with the cruise set at 70 mph and suddenly the cruise will switch to 85 and start accelerating as the local speed limit is 65 and I have the buffer set for 20 plus. I also use the cruise on some of our local streets to make sure I'm not speeding. I have had it jump from 25mph to 45mph with no notice. From what you are saying, it notices a speed limit sign and NO MATTER what you have your cruise set for will add the buffer to the local speed limit with no notice. How do I contact someone at Ford to complain about this behavior? Note, the manual does not say that the car will accelerate to match your buffer setting.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I still have a problem although I have gone through all the options? Also I get warnings of "curve ahead" and a ding, also annoying but can't seem to turn off. Would be nice to pick your options like speed cameras.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I still have a problem although I have gone through all the options? Also I get warnings of "curve ahead" and a ding, also annoying but can't seem to turn off. Would be nice to pick your options like speed cameras.
What is the problem again? Everything seems to be operating as designed from what I can surmise.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went through the menus and can't seem to turn things off.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So if you have sign recognition on and a buffer your car will accelerate all on its own. I have been having problems with that and I consider that a dangerous bug. I'll be on the highway with the cruise set at 70 mph and suddenly the cruise will switch to 85 and start accelerating as the local speed limit is 65 and I have the buffer set for 20 plus. I also use the cruise on some of our local streets to make sure I'm not speeding. I have had it jump from 25mph to 45mph with no notice. From what you are saying, it notices a speed limit sign and NO MATTER what you have your cruise set for will add the buffer to the local speed limit with no notice. How do I contact someone at Ford to complain about this behavior? Note, the manual does not say that the car will accelerate to match your buffer setting.
So you told the car to use speed sign recognition and told it to set the cruise speed at 20 mph over the limit.

The car does exactly what you told it to do and you call it a “bug?”

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found the settings and removed the problem.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem you have is that you have set the car to accelerate to 20mph over the speed limit. You are the problem, not the car. Turn off the +20, or turn off sign recognition. #usererror

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last night in winter weather I was on a 4 lane Hwy, speed limit 110kph and set cruise to 105kmh. Three times I got unwanted speed increase to 121kmh. Not much traffic late at night but very unsettling. Earlier my wife was following me in cruse on the same highway heading the other way and no problems.
Still trying to figure it out but I think it happened after passing a speed sign.
Anybody else? I just got the 4. update.
I was driving at 45 mph with cruise on and speed sign recognition on and the car decreased acceleration to 25 mph. What...it picked up the speed of a road parallel at 25 mph, it's every time I pass it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was driving at 45 mph with cruise on and speed sign recognition on and the car decreased acceleration to 25 mph. What...it picked up the speed of a road parallel at 25 mph, it's every time I pass it.
Or, in the road database, the speed is wrong. A road near us was changed to 25moh in the database, it is actually 55mph. I submitted the change to HERE, they said it can take 6 to 12 months to change in the car due to Ford's update timing.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
So you told the car to use speed sign recognition and told it to set the cruise speed at 20 mph over the limit.

The car does exactly what you told it to do and you call it a “bug?”
Bullshit. I have over 35 years in human interface software experience -- that's not a bug, it is a complete design failure if it did what you said. That is not what the manual says nor is it the proper response to "NO MATTER what you have your cruise set for it will add the buffer to the local speed limit with no notice. "

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Bullshit. I have over 35 years in human interface software experience -- that's not a bug, it is a complete design failure if it did what you said. That is not what the manual says nor is it the proper response to "NO MATTER what you have your cruise set for it will add the buffer to the local speed limit with no notice. "
So how should it operate in your mind if you have it set to +20 MPH and it sees a 45 MPH sign? Why do you have the feature turned on if you don't want it to read the signs and respond to them?

And if you're trying to use it to avoid speeding tickets, why don't you have it set to like +5 MPH instead of +20 MPH?
Sponsored