generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The UK documents include some additional details. This is the part that amazes me the most. I doubt this will be the case in the US.

In cases where non fully electric vehicle has been provided, the cost of fuel during the hire period can be reimbursed to the customer.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/uk-customers.588/post-419891
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
The UK documents include some additional details. This is the part that amazes me the most. I doubt this will be the case in the US.

In cases where non fully electric vehicle has been provided, the cost of fuel during the hire period can be reimbursed to the customer.

I was reimbured-ish for fuel when corporate had to get involved on my battery replacement saga. They made the numbers work for me. It seems to be something on their minds at least.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So the pawl is what engages when I put the car in Park and is what holds the car in place if I don't engage the parking brake? The few times I'm a bit too abrupt and accidentally shift into park when I have very slight roll still, not a 100% dead stop but at 0mph on speedometer, this will damage the pawl? Does it take a lot to damage it in this way or are they pretty fragile?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

As expected, fuel is not included in the US. But, interestingly, Ford isn't even authorizing a rental car at all for this. That's surprising since dealers will almost certainly keep the car for more than one day for the parking pawl replacement. Ford is authorizing 8.1 hours of labor for that and the software update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CSP 21B61 - Park Pawl Replacement - Long Regen Stop Safely Now 1653744344815

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10211946-0001.pdf

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
My car went in last week for the glass recall and a 12v battery issue (I kept getting warnings that the 12v needed servicing soon). This afternoon, the dealer messaged this:

_____
The other items have been completed, there is a third recall is for the regen function, this is what Ford states as the concern.
"In some of the affected vehicles, loss of propulsion during extended downhill drives may occur. This condition only occurs in drive cycles that consist of mostly downhill driving for an extended period of time."
For the repair there is an update that the transmission tech can complete, if that does not fix it then we have specific parts to replace.
_____

I thought the parking pawl was just being on all of them as the notes say there isn't a way to inspect for damage. I had the downhill regen issue last summer, so I'm not surprised this popped up for me but it doesn't show up in FordPass app or the Ford recall website.

I'll post an update if I get more info from the dealer.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My car went in last week for the glass recall and a 12v battery issue (I kept getting warnings that the 12v needed servicing soon). This afternoon, the dealer messaged this:

_____
The other items have been completed, there is a third recall is for the regen function, this is what Ford states as the concern.
"In some of the affected vehicles, loss of propulsion during extended downhill drives may occur. This condition only occurs in drive cycles that consist of mostly downhill driving for an extended period of time."
For the repair there is an update that the transmission tech can complete, if that does not fix it then we have specific parts to replace.
_____

I thought the parking pawl was just being on all of them as the notes say there isn't a way to inspect for damage. I had the downhill regen issue last summer, so I'm not surprised this popped up for me but it doesn't show up in FordPass app or the Ford recall website.

I'll post an update if I get more info from the dealer.
Any word on this?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag