Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Says Lisa Drake, VP of EV Industrialization (during a recent Q&A):

“You know in our Cuautitlan facility today where we make the Mach E? We make about 2,000 Mach Es a week,”
“Demand clearly exceeds that and when we change over our plant next year we will accelerate very quickly to about 4,000 per week. There’s not a lot of underutilized capacity on our way to 600,000.”
Sponsored

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hey, I'm all for it. Make more of these things. Just don't decontent the things.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Are they moving to a plant in the US or expanding that one?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

“You know in our Cuautitlan facility today where we make the Mach E? We make about 2,000 Mach Es a week,”
“Demand clearly exceeds that and when we change over our plant next year we will accelerate very quickly to about 4,000 per week. There’s not a lot of underutilized capacity on our way to 600,000.”
Cuautitlan's actual production tallies for Jan-Jun, as published by Ford.
July numbers will be shared in first week of August, probably, but 6,426 were "scheduled" to be built in July. (Looks more like 6,000/month, 1,500/week.) I nominate the "VP of EV Industrialization" for the 2022 "preposterous exaggeration award". There are rumors of a second production line at Cuautitlan starting with 2023MY and whether or not the beginning of 2023MY assembly will be delayed and how much production could be increased "very quickly".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Current Mach-E production rate = 2,000 per week. Ramps up to 4,000/week next year. 1659141042169

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
She’s saying takt time is equivalent to 2,000/ week, which is correct when you look at March production. They blew their takt time since then with chip shortages and software update holds, etc. A 100k vehicle per year plant is tiny in auto standards. 200k is more like it. They will have no issues accelerating to 200k if they can solve the supply chain issues next year.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
July numbers will be shared in first week of August, probably, but 6,426 were "scheduled" to be built in July. (Looks more like 6,000/month, 1,500/week.) I nominate the "VP of EV Industrialization" for the 2022 "preposterous exaggeration award". There are rumors of a second production line at Cuautitlan starting with 2023MY and whether or not the beginning of 2023MY assembly will be delayed and how much production could be increased "very quickly".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Current Mach-E production rate = 2,000 per week. Ramps up to 4,000/week next year. 1659141042169
They are not “rumors” of a second Mach-E line.
Ford’s original plan for Cuautitlan was for it to have 2 production lines.
1. Mach-E
2. Lightning

When Mach-E and Lightning demand was much higher than expected, they changed that plan. The Lightning production moved to another dedicated plant so they could use that second production line to double Mach-E output. As a result they will have a dedicated Mach-E plant and a dedicated Mach-E plant instead of splitting Cuautitlan between the two.

I want to say they announced that at the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I’ve always wondered why there’s always such a wide fluctuation in production from month to month.

They don’t build 6,000 give or take 200.
There appears to be a 1,200-2,500 variance in production numbers from month to month.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
1500 week is still pretty good

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I’ve always wondered why there’s always such a wide fluctuation in production from month to month.

They don’t build 6,000 give or take 200.
There appears to be a 1,200-2,500 variance in production numbers from month to month.
This is not normal for automotive production. If demand is stable, production should be consistent within +/-5%. This is related to supply chain issues.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

How many are being built in China?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They are not “rumors” of a second Mach-E line.
Ford’s original plan for Cuautitlan was for it to have 2 production lines.
1. Mach-E
2. Lightning

When Mach-E and Lightning demand was much higher than expected, they changed that plan. The Lightning production moved to another dedicated plant so they could use that second production line to double Mach-E output. As a result they will have a dedicated Mach-E plant and a dedicated Mach-E plant instead of splitting Cuautitlan between the two.

I want to say they announced that at the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022.
I don’t remember hearing that they had planned to build the Lightning in Mexico. Wasn’t that the Explorer EV?

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t remember hearing that they had planned to build the Lightning in Mexico. Wasn’t that the Explorer EV?
I thought that the Lightning was built in Michigan at the Rouge River Plant.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
You missed "original plan".
The original plan was Mach-E and Explorer EV at Cuautitlan. Lightning was never planned for production there. It wouldn’t even make sense. Why build that truck so far away from their main plant assembling F-150s when there are so many shared parts and assembly between the ICE & EV trucks?
Sponsored