Current wait time for an ordered car (December, 2021)

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I wasn't able to find a thread showing what the current wait time is for a MME ordered today. What is the current time frame people are seeing right now?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Depends on the trim. Ford says 28+ weeks for Premium and GT. Select and Rte 1 Are 20+ weeks.

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. That seems right about the time estimates have Ford hitting the 200K EV sales reducing the $7,500 federal tax credit?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, the reduction takes place in subsequent quarters. First quarter after, no impact, then it starts to reduce. Figure late 2022. And of course there is legislation pending that changes all that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. That seems right about the time estimates have Ford hitting the 200K EV sales reducing the $7,500 federal tax credit?
That will only be an issue if no version of the BBB bill passes by then. Even if it doesn’t pass, the existing credit won’t be reduced for 2 quarters after they hit 200k. You’ll be fine.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Since ordering an MME premium AWD ext. battery, I've been waiting 4 days... but I've heard Ford announce 1) end of 2021 production and spool up of 2022 production, 2) remaining 2021 order backlog switched to 2022 model, 3) agreement with GlobalFoundries for improved microchip supply 4) their intention to triple production of MME over next two years at Cuautitlan, MX plant 5) seen MME production numbers thru Nov 2021, and 6) ME prices raised effective 8 Dec 2021.

I haven't found anyone reporting the number of orders for the 2022 MME since the opening day 1 Oct 2021, but demand is said to be very high. It's also uncertain how much of the 2022 MME production will go to other countries than the US or whether ongoing microchip shortage will continue to delay deliveries. So, should I be counting weeks or months, instead of days?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Since ordering an MME premium AWD ext. battery, I've been waiting 4 days... but I've heard Ford announce 1) end of 2021 production and spool up of 2022 production, 2) remaining 2021 order backlog switched to 2022 model, 3) agreement with GlobalFoundries for improved microchip supply 4) their intention to triple production of MME over next two years at Cuautitlan, MX plant 5) seen MME production numbers thru Nov 2021, and 6) ME prices raised effective 8 Dec 2021.

I haven't found anyone reporting the number of orders for the 2022 MME since the opening day 1 Oct 2021, but demand is said to be very high. It's also uncertain how much of the 2022 MME production will go to other countries than the US or whether ongoing microchip shortage will continue to delay deliveries. So, should I be counting weeks or months, instead of days?

Best advice I can share is don't expect it to come early and more like 6-8 months. I've seen this with not only cars, but many things currently due to the shipping/supply issues across the board.

Getting upset and managing your own expectations is the #1 way of not getting annoyed.

I've also stated before that contact the dealer and make sure you get everything in writing that you expect (mostly pricing, no special fees, etc...).

If you don't contact the dealer, they may prioritize someone else since you're unknown to them and lack of communication in this car market means your car can go to someone else possibly with a dealer mark up or if you're on a trip, they sell your car to someone else (both have happened).

Just read a lot of the messages here to catch up.

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Battery eAWD
Country flag
Ordered 5/22. Took delivery 12/10. So 6.5 months. Premium AWD Extended Battery. Longest I ever waited for a car. Tried to buy one " on the lot" for the first 2-3 months and all of them wanted a minimum of 5-10K ADM. The dealer I worked with marketed themselves as no ADM for any of their vehicles and it is true (just 1 out of 3 dealers in the SF bay area with no ADM I think). So no ADM and I was also able to apply my X-Plan for some additional savings (not a lot but everything anything helps). You go through a sea of emotions from excitement the first 1-2 months, frustration and lack of comms the next 2 months, and the last 2 months just checking status everyday using all the amazing links shared on this forum. Be prepared that comms will be terrible, sometimes confusing, dealer not knowing more than you, and just waiting. Hang in there and hopefully cars in 2022 will roll off the production line more quickly. Good luck everyone

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Were you expecting your order to arrive in a matter of days? The Ford website currently says 28+ weeks for a Premium.
No, of course not. Just using a rhetorical device. I do have hope that MME deliveries will begin accelerating over the 2021 pace due to Ford's efforts and that my wait will be 3-4 months rather than 6-8 months. But just like Nixon's troop withdrawals in 1969 did not get me out of the war any sooner than a full tour, I'm hoping the recent news talk will actually mean something good for those of us who wait. ps This site has pretty good information although some of it really suffers from the time lag or lack of follow-up data.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Going on 8 months for me. If you order a GT, you will get it quicker as Ford wants those big bucks.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
Probably you should keep in mind that a normal custom order in a normal year takes ~3 months. Shipping takes 4-6 weeks of that time (maybe a little longer in the current world but it seems like not a lot) So expecting your MME to get done in 3 months is probably unrealistic. If ford hits their targets, maybe late '22s will be close to that.

Scaling their production up 3x this year is going to take a whole year, and I assume that's based on having no further supply issues. So assuming they have solve all their supply problems, it will still take them the full 12 months to scale everything up. My guess would be that in June the wait is down closer to 4.5 months (from 6.5 or so (optimistically) currently). And then by the end of the year maybe they will have worked off the backlog and be humming along at around 2.5-3/mo wait. (Which, like I said, is probably the minimum realistic time to process an order, slot a car into a production schedule, build it, and ship it by rail from MX.)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

Several things to consider here as I am in the same boat as you, ordered a '22 California Route 1 on 11/11.

One, Ford has said 22 model Selects and California models to start deliveries in Feb. '22 and Premium and GT models to be delivered starting in April '22.

Two, Ford has said that they will increase Mach E production to 200,000 units per year by 2023, not in 2023 but by 2023.

Three, Ford on December 3rd has said they are aiming to take the number 2 EV sales position second only to Tesla.

Bottom line, all bets are off as how '22 production of the Mach E will go but my money is for nothing like the fiasco we have seen for the '21 model year. Take what the '21 guys are telling you with a grain of salt, like they say in the stock market, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. So, there you have it, lots of good signs we will have out 22's sooner instead of later, at least that's what I'm hoping for!

Oh, and it also depends on what your dealer allotments are for the year, my dealer is high volume and they have given my order a priority code 10 which will put it to the head of their allotment schedule.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Several things to consider here as I am in the same boat as you, ordered a '22 California Route 1 on 11/11.

One, Ford has said 22 model Selects and California models to start deliveries in Feb. '22 and Premium and GT models to be delivered starting in April '22.

Two, Ford has said that they will increase Mach E production to 200,000 units per year by 2023, not in 2023 but by 2023.

Three, Ford on December 3rd has said they are aiming to take the number 2 EV sales position second only to Tesla.

Bottom line, all bets are off as how '22 production of the Mach E will go but my money is for nothing like the fiasco we have seen for the '21 model year. Take what the '21 guys are telling you with a grain of salt, like they say in the stock market, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. So, there you have it, lots of good signs we will have out 22's sooner instead of later, at least that's what I'm hoping for!

Oh, and it also depends on what your dealer allotments are for the year, my dealer is high volume and they have given my order a priority code 10 which will put it to the head of their allotment schedule.
Thanks for good comments. I am reminded that my dealer contact assigned me priority 19 and when questioned about that he said he couldn't change it. Someone else would change it as time passed. haha I need to go back to them for more discussion of this, it seems.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take what the '21 guys are telling you with a grain of salt, like they say in the stock market, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns.
Or you could just plan for the time estimate that Ford has published on their website.
Sponsored