Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels Forum Intro Curva

Curva Concepts signifies more than an aftermarket wheel company. We’ve been involved in crafting custom wheels for the last two decades and have witnessed many major trend shifts within the automotive space. This knowledge and experience has given us the resources and tools we need to design, create and manufacture the perfect custom set of staggered or square fitments for the true auto enthusiast.

The newest addition to our wheel collection comes with the introduction of our Flow Forged series of wheels, dubbed the CFF Series. Our Flow Forged wheels are reserved for those who push the envelope and are seeking a lightweight and durable alternative to standard cast wheels.

More than our wheels, our relationships mean the most to us. Our philosophy from day one was to provide our customers with the highest quality product for the best price with unparalleled customer service.

Curva Concepts Wheel Company
A Dynamic Wheel Group brand

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels Flow-Forged-Wheels

Flow Forged Mustang Mach-E Wheels

When it comes to modifying the Mustang Mach-E, every little detail counts. That’s why we paid extra attention to detail when designing and manufacturing our all-new Flow Forged line of performance wheel.

Our Flow Forged line is crafted for those ready to take their car to the next level. Offered in 18”, 19″, 20″ and 22” diameters with staggered or square fitments, the CFF wheels are much lighter and stronger than our cast line and are built to handle aggressive driving styles and improve range.

As the industry shifts; so do we. We aim to convert most of our main line collection to be engineered and constructed with performance in mind; meaning a wider selection of fitments in a Flow Forged construction.

Wheel
Sizes
Offsets
Finishes
CFF25​
18x8.5 | 18x9.5 | 20x8.5 | 20x9 | 20x10 | 20x10.5​
+35 | +40​
Gunmetal Machined, Gloss Black Machined, Gloss Black​
CFF46​
18x8.5 | 18x9.5 | 19x8.5 | 19x9.5 | 20x8.5 | 20x9 | 20x10 | 20x10.5 | 22x9 | 22x10 | 22x10.5​
+15 | +25 | +28 | +28 | +35 | +40 | +45​
Gunmetal, Gloss Black​
CFF50​
20x8.5 | 20x9 | 20x10.5​
+15 | +25 | +35​
Black Machined, Gloss Black​
CFF70​
18x8.5 | 18x9.5 | 19x8.5 | 19x9 | 19x9.5 | 19x10 | 20x8.5 | 20x9 | 20x10 | 20x10.5​
+28 | +35 | +40 | +42 | +45​
Gloss Black, Brushed Clear Coat, Black Machined​
CFF300​
18x8.5 | 18x9.5 | 19x8.5 | 19x9 | 19x9.5 | 19x10 | 22x9.5 | 22x10​
+35​
Gloss Black, Matte Gunmetal, Satin Gunmetal​

Curva Concepts Main Line

Our main line consists of classic Curva Concepts wheel styles and fitments. Each individual Curva Concept Wheel is designed in California and manufactured with utmost attention to detail. We cut no corners when engineering our wheels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels Curva-Main-Line

Ford Mustang Mach-E // Curva Concepts Gallery

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels CFF50-Mach-E-1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels CFF50-Mach-E-2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels CFF50-Mach-E-3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels C48-Mach-E-4

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels Outro

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Have you considered making an aerodynamic wheel that won't cause a range hit on EVs? Your wheels all look very nice, but they will reduce highway range. I don't want to do that. I need all the range I can get.

OP
OP
CURVA CONCEPTS
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
Have you considered making an aerodynamic wheel that won't cause a range hit on EVs? Your wheels all look very nice, but they will reduce highway range. I don't want to do that. I need all the range I can get.
We have actually! We do hope to launch a line sometime in the future.

However, the Flow Forged line can offer slight range advantage over the OE cast wheels the car comes standard with. For example, the CFF46 in a 20" application comes in at 23.98 lbs vs the 20" OE GT wheel which comes in at 36 lbs each (~50lbs weight savings). Thus, decreasing the rotational weight with a lighter wheel should in turn provide more range.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
How/What kind of tests were performed to determine the +more range claim on your ad. The wheels look sick but any time I see random claims like that it makes me suspicious.

Like what's the added range? What were the conditions of the tests? etc.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
We have actually! We do hope to launch a line sometime in the future.

However, the Flow Forged line can offer slight range advantage over the OE cast wheels the car comes standard with. For example, the CFF46 in a 20" application comes in at 23.98 lbs vs the 20" OE GT wheel which comes in at 36 lbs each (~50lbs weight savings). Thus, decreasing the rotational weight with a lighter wheel should in turn provide more range.
City slow and go range, sure range might see a small increase. Once in a freeway, aerodynamic losses will be much greater than the decrease in weight. 😱🐩

OP
OP
CURVA CONCEPTS
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
How/What kind of tests were performed to determine the +more range claim on your ad. The wheels look sick but any time I see random claims like that it makes me suspicious.

Like what's the added range? What were the conditions of the tests? etc.
Curva Concepts has not done any official testing with the Mach-E, however, being involved in motorsport for quite some time, we've heard things from customers over the years. Again, the claims of increased range my be between 2-4% considering we are talking about weight differences of about 50-70 lbs depending on the set and which OE wheel your car comes with.

To figure out how much potential range you will have with a lighter wheel, you would need to consider Sprung weight vs Unsprung weight.

** "Sprung weight is the weight being supported by the vehicle's suspension, while unsprung weight is the weight under the suspension which oscillates as the vehicle moves down the road. Reducing unsprung weight allows the suspension to control these movements more effectively and also, in the case of wheels and tires, requires less energy to accelerate or brake."

With that said, we've done quite a few Model 3/Ys which run our Flow Forged wheels that have experienced slight performance increases. We're located in Southern California where stop and go is the only speed unfortunately.

**Source: Emotive Engineering

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curva Concepts has not done any official testing with the Mach-E, however, being involved in motorsport for quite some time, we've heard things from customers over the years. Again, the claims of increased range my be between 2-4% considering we are talking about weight differences of about 50-70 lbs depending on the set and which OE wheel your car comes with.

To figure out how much potential range you will have with a lighter wheel, you would need to consider Sprung weight vs Unsprung weight.

** "Sprung weight is the weight being supported by the vehicle's suspension, while unsprung weight is the weight under the suspension which oscillates as the vehicle moves down the road. Reducing unsprung weight allows the suspension to control these movements more effectively and also, in the case of wheels and tires, requires less energy to accelerate or brake."

With that said, we've done quite a few Model 3/Ys which run our Flow Forged wheels that have experienced slight performance increases. We're located in Southern California where stop and go is the only speed unfortunately.

**Source: Emotive Engineering
It is a well known fact that aerodynamic drag at highway speeds has a significant impact on highway range. As Steve posted, if you are doing a lot of slow stop and go driving, less weight helps improve efficiency. But at a steady highway speed it has a very minor impact - basically no impact.

Highway range is really the only range that matters because most slow stop and go city driving is done around where people can charge at home. When on a trip, driving 75-80 mph, poor aerodynamic wheels can reduce range by 5% or more. The faster you go, the worse it is.

Unfortunately, your great looking wheels are not aerodynamic and they will definitely negatively impact highway range.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I definitely lost highway range with my light weight flow formed wheels along with DWS 06+ tires.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
There's so much more that goes into range than just weight of wheels . Wheel size for example is one of the biggest contributors, the smaller, generally the better.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's so much more that goes into range than just weight of wheels . Wheel size for example is one of the biggest contributors, the smaller, generally the better.

Bigger rims are less aerodynamic because of air gaps that create more drag. Large tire sidewalls make a big difference because the large, smooth sidewalls are in the area of the wheel that provides the most impact on rotational air resistance. The faster the wheel spins, the more rotational air resistance impacts efficiency.

So it isn't because the tire is bigger, it is because a smaller rim + bigger tire has better aerodynamic properties. If you could make a big rim with similar aerodynamic properties, it would also perform well.

OP
OP
CURVA CONCEPTS
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
It is a well known fact that aerodynamic drag at highway speeds has a significant impact on highway range. As Steve posted, if you are doing a lot of slow stop and go driving, less weight helps improve efficiency. But at a steady highway speed it has a very minor impact - basically no impact.

Highway range is really the only range that matters because most slow stop and go city driving is done around where people can charge at home. When on a trip, driving 75-80 mph, poor aerodynamic wheels can reduce range by 5% or more. The faster you go, the worse it is.

Unfortunately, your great looking wheels are not aerodynamic and they will definitely negatively impact highway range.
True, not originally designed for EVs, the wheels offered in the current line are not aerodynamic. As mentioned above, our team has already taken steps towards an EV line which will address some of the points in the thread. Thank you for the kind words on the styles!

I definitely lost highway range with my light weight flow formed wheels along with DWS 06+ tires.
What size wheels? Weight?

For that reason, I wanted to compare a 20" OE with our 20" CFF option. We have had customers downsize in diameter for that reason.

Again, the claims above are strictly through customer reviews and personal experiences within our team. I spoke with our team and they seem interested in running a few tests! Stay posted!

On that note... we just did this GT with our C300 (cast version :eek: so you know you're losing range on that one lol)

Mach-E-C300-Curva.jpg

Mach-E-C300-Curva-2.jpg

Mach-E-C300-Curva-3.jpg

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
What size wheels? Weight?
For mine, Savini SV-F6 in 20x9 ET 38 with 255/45R20 tires.

The weights were somewhere in the low 20s I believe. I never actually weighted them so I cannot say for sure.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels 1663698892849

edit: scratch that I did weight them. They were 1 lb lighter than the OEM GT wheel/tire. So, probably NOT low 20s... but lighter than GT wheel/tire combo. 58.2 lbs vs 59.6 lbs for OEM.

Tirerack says my tires are 28 lbs so that would make these wheels around 30 lbs.

I believe highway range, which is the important range to consider, doesn't benefit from lighter wheels much/if at all. When rotating they are just big flywheels and if anything, a heavier wheel may have a little less impact from the turbulence from the aero vs a lighter wheel. heavy flywheel takes more to slow it down. ? maybe? I dunno...just spitballing.

Last edited:

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
These honestly look awesome; if you can make some progress towards an aerodynamic offering, I may be a future customer. It really is all about highway range and efficiency for us EV owners. Thanks for sharing, great looking wheels.

Mach1EV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Premium AWD ER, 2011 Yamaha FZ-8
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I had some apprehension as well about adding custom wheels to my new 2022 Premium AWD EX due to the potential loss of overall range. However, I believe that probably 90% of my overall expected driving will be somewhat local to Los Angeles. Thus, I decided to go with a customized look for my Mach-e. I'm guessing that on future long trips with constant freeway driving (averaging around 70 mph), I'll probably lose about 10% of my overall range for those trips with these wheels. However, since I've added the Curva C48 wheels about one month ago, I haven't noticed that much of a drop in the GOM and mi/kwh average since most of my current driving is city street/freeway mixed. I have my own L2 charger at home so it all works out well.

Plus, the overall finished look for my Rapid Red Mach-e with the 20" Curva C48 wheels along with 265/40/20 series tires was just too good to pass on... No more skinny tire look as they fill in the fender wells nicely along with being flush with the body panels. Very happy with the look!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Curva Concepts Wheel Collection 2022 | Flow Forged Mach-E Wheels 2022 Mach1EV
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.