Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
I had some apprehension as well about adding custom wheels to my new 2022 Premium AWD EX due to the potential loss of overall range. However, I believe that probably 90% of my overall expected driving will be somewhat local to Los Angeles. Thus, I decided to go with a customized look for my Mach-e. I'm guessing that on future long trips with constant freeway driving (averaging around 70 mph), I'll probably lose about 10% of my overall range for those trips with these wheels. However, since I've added the Curva C48 wheels about one month ago, I haven't noticed that much of a drop in the GOM and mi/kwh average since most of my current driving is city street/freeway mixed. I have my own L2 charger at home so it all works out well.

Plus, the overall finished look for my Rapid Red Mach-e with the 20" Curva C48 wheels along with 265/40/20 series tires was just too good to pass on... No more skinny tire look as they fill in the fender wells nicely along with being flush with the body panels. Very happy with the look!
Love the look, especially on the Rapid Red! Appreciate the kind words! Since you're an LA local, get in touch with us; we'd love to set up a photoshoot. 😁
Sponsored

Mach1EV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Premium AWD ER, 2011 Yamaha FZ-8
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Hello Curva Concepts....

That would be awesome having a photo shoot with my car. I live in Sherman Oaks and work in North Hollywood. Mike at Barkley Tires (Sherman Oaks) is the one who recommended your custom wheels (but I picked the C48 style :)). Plus he convinced me to go with the 265 series tire instead of 245 series.

Have a good weekend!

Paul.

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had some apprehension as well about adding custom wheels to my new 2022 Premium AWD EX due to the potential loss of overall range. However, I believe that probably 90% of my overall expected driving will be somewhat local to Los Angeles. Thus, I decided to go with a customized look for my Mach-e. I'm guessing that on future long trips with constant freeway driving (averaging around 70 mph), I'll probably lose about 10% of my overall range for those trips with these wheels. However, since I've added the Curva C48 wheels about one month ago, I haven't noticed that much of a drop in the GOM and mi/kwh average since most of my current driving is city street/freeway mixed. I have my own L2 charger at home so it all works out well.

Plus, the overall finished look for my Rapid Red Mach-e with the 20" Curva C48 wheels along with 265/40/20 series tires was just too good to pass on... No more skinny tire look as they fill in the fender wells nicely along with being flush with the body panels. Very happy with the look!

2022 Mach1EV.jpg
Looks amazing - how’s the ride quality? It’s definitely a bouncy unsettled ride from the factory for us Premium ER AWD owners. I know the ultimate answer to that is coilovers, but I’m curious if bigger wheels and tires did anything for you in that regard.

Mach1EV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Looks amazing - how’s the ride quality? It’s definitely a bouncy unsettled ride from the factory for us Premium ER AWD owners. I know the ultimate answer to that is coilovers, but I’m curious if bigger wheels and tires did anything for you in that regard.
Overall, the ride (straight line) is basically the same (maybe slightly less bouncy) as with the original 19" premium rims with the 225 series Michelin tires. However, they definitely corner much better than the original tires so that is good. Just really like the overall look way better so I'm glad that I made the change. Now if I could just find someone interested in buying my original Premium wheels/tires.... :)

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
...or Steeda sway bars. I'm a Premium AWD ER guy - it did work for me.

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
...or Steeda sway bars. I'm a Premium AWD ER guy - it did work for me.
Honestly, too afraid of that mod. That thread has a LOT of people complaining about fitment, rubbing, having to grind a lot just to get them on, etc. I'm not that handy and don't trust a shop to do that work when it's anything but straight forward.

(sorry for hijacking Curva's thread, let's talk more about how good the wheels look :))

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Honestly, too afraid of that mod. That thread has a LOT of people complaining about fitment, rubbing, having to grind a lot just to get them on, etc. I'm not that handy and don't trust a shop to do that work when it's anything but straight forward.

(sorry for hijacking Curva's thread, let's talk more about how good the wheels look :))
That's too bad because they transform the car's handling. I am blown away regarding how much better it is. So yes, there are a couple issues, but because you are part of this forum you will know exactly how to handle them.

OP
OP
CURVA CONCEPTS
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
Here is a teaser shot of @Mach1EV Rapid Red on Gloss Black Curva Concepts C48s. Thank you Paul for coming out and spending some time with us! Can't wait to upload the the entire set.

Mustang-Mach-E-20-Inch-Curva-Concepts-C48-Wheels.jpg

Mach1EV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
CURVA CONCEPTS
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Wheel Guy
Country flag
Thanks for your time and meeting close to me for the photo shoot Craig! The pictures look really good, definitely some computer background shots for sure... :)
Our pleasure! 😁

Mach1EV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up Craig! I noticed them on your website yesterday and really like how all of the pictures came out. 🙂

Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.