scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
appears that adm, in one form or another is the norm for all mach e that are not purchased by the orderer at all dealerships in so california I have contacted. None of the dealerships appear to be aware or pretend not to not be regarding ford's policy of selling for mrsp. When I called Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood about a mach e they had, they said of course there is an adm. When I called Huntington Beach Ford they said no adm but you must purchase a clear coat protection and digital license plate for an added $1500. So really an adm. I am not sure what ford motor companies policy is, but clearly not being respected by most dealerships. If there is an official policy it needs to be communicated and enforced. Otherwise, it is the wild west
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
In looking for a second ME Premium via a 100 mile radius search on the Ford site. I have found that more dealers than not, now have huge ADM's on the ME when you actually call them about a listed model, especially the Premium's, and they hide it on their listed website prices until you ask them and they admit the high ADM that will be tacked on. It's disgraceful. This will likely be one of the top things that will eventually kill off the dealer model as we know it. I would change brands rather than succumb to this.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
The "trouble with dealers" isn't just marking up cars. My dad was in his 70's when he bought a VW sedan, in Vermont. Of course he ordered ABS (back when that was an option). The dealer sold him a car without and just lied. I called VW NA to complain and was told, essentially, they had zero control over their dealers -- that they could do whatever they wanted. Two days later I got a call from an executive at VW NA. He was LIVID, and gave my dad a new car straight out of their inventory. As a manufacturer's rep, and as a human being, he had just reached a flash point with the American dealer "business plan."

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And so much for Mike Levine's influence, or unfortunate lack thereof apparently..

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I have zero issue with dealers asking ADM for customers trying to "skip the line". That's pretty fair. Order and wait like the rest of us or pay for your line cutting. I believe Mike Levine intended to help those playing fair and getting screwed by dealers trying to tack on ADM after the fact.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have zero issue with dealers asking ADM for customers trying to "skip the line". That's pretty fair. Order and wait like the rest of us or pay for your line cutting. I believe Mike Levine intended to help those playing fair and getting screwed by dealers trying to tack on ADM after the fact.
Couldn't disagree more, but you certainly are entitled to your opinion. In the end, the buyers will decide the fate of this practice. I choose not to participate in it.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It's a fine line with Lawyers on both sides of the Dealer to Manufacturer contract.
Dealers lawyer says; " Claim harm by Ford for lost potential revenue"
Ford lawyer gives them the form and claim number.
Both have job security!!!
Except that Ford is paid off and out of the financial equation when the vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I refuse to pay ADM. Back when the Boss302 was reissued I wanted on real bad. A local dealer (N. Illinois) to me had one coming in that was my color choice, orange/black. When it arrived I took my trade down unending to buy it. Dealer said it was $5000 ADM. I refused and left. Called the owner and told him I didn't appreciate it especially since I had purchased 3 vehicles from them in the last year.

Found the car I wanted from a dealer in San Diego and bought it, the dealer had it drop shipped to me for free. I chose the afore mentioned dealer as the drop off location with instructions for them not to even touch it. The look on their faces as I went in with my paperwork to pick it up as theirs sat on the floor was worth it. Barely had enough gas in it to get to the gas station, I didn't even care.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Line cutting? Playing fair? Someone walking up to a dealer lot and buying a car on the lot as people have done ever since there were car lots isn't "cheating" and they shouldn't be punished for it. You ordered your car to get exactly the model you wanted. The people paying ADM and the dealers asking for it are the ones who are screwing everyone else.

Ford doesn't just want to sell cars that were customer ordered, they want to sell all the cars they ship out. Levine should be pissed if dealers are making Ford look bad by jacking up the price, it will just drive potential EV customers to other brands.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I think the issue is people that ordered their exact vehicle, paid the deposit, and had confirmation of the price in advance should never be charged ADM. For canceled orders, that is a different story. If the dealer wants to jack up the price, and some chump pays for it, good for them.

Our society has shown time an time again, people are willing to over pay for things if they want it bad enough. Hell Stubhubs whole business is built around that exact concept. I pretty much guarantee there are many people on this forum that have paid over face value for tickets to sporting events or concerts at least once in their life. ADM is no different (Generally speaking). Dealers see a high demand for a product that is in short supply, so they capitalize on it and raise the price. Do I think it is a dick move? Absolutely. When it comes down to it businesses respond to one thing and one thing only, money. If you want things to change vote with your dollars and they will adjust accordingly, or fold under the pressure.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Ordering customers have a virtual contract with FoMoCo that the dealer accepted with a “stated” ADM. Changing that after the fact is the big no no. Customers buying via the traditional dealer model have no contract and get to haggle, it really is that simple. My point was that Mr. aGoldman shouldn’t be dissing Mike for doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Last edited:

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I've called and hunted around on the Great MME Safari. I've found 3 cars that fit my criteria. 2 had ADMs of $2,500, one was listed on their site but had been sold a week sooner - a bait car.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
That's cool....I tweeted him (Mike Levine) that Villa Ford in Orange by me had added $10k in ADM to a Mach E....all he did was follow me on twitter.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That's cool....I tweeted him (Mike Levine) that Villa Ford in Orange by me had added $10k in ADM to a Mach E....all he did was follow me on twitter.
At least he didn’t block you, I still hold that award.
Sponsored