Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Amazing Thread. I'll be curious to see if this type of interaction leads to more change of Ford sales model. Click the black Tweet to see discussion.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Complains of Mach-E ADM on Twitter, Ford's Mike Levine Has ADM Removed 1615406548491
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Amazing Thread. I'll be curious to see if this type of interaction leads to more change of Ford sales model. Click the black Tweet to see discussion.
Thanks, I weighed in on the twitter discussion myself, as well as forwarding the tweets to two of my local ford dealers charging ADM.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This is SCHAUMBURG FORD (I looked up the VIN). Weird because before I picked up my First Edition from another dealer, I was asking them if they had any to sell. I also told them I won't pay ADM. They never told me they had this one in stock. I guess this is capatalism at its finest. I do not fault the dealer just like I did not fault Blockbuster for failing to realize that Netflix and online rental companies that made renting/streaming easy would someday take Blockbuster out of business. Dealers that do not adapt will not be here in 10 years. The car industry is changing and most consumers just want to buy their cars online or by walking into a design "center" and without the pains of dealing with dealerships.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is SCHAUMBURG FORD (I looked up the VIN). Weird because before I picked up my First Edition from another dealer, I was asking them if they had any to sell. I also told them I won't pay ADM. They never told me they had this one in stock. I guess this is capatalism at its finest.
Well you Said you wouldn't pay ADM, so in that case, they didn't have any to sell you. ?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Amazing :D

But something that (IMO) should never have happened. I wish Ford could terminate the franchises of dealers that try ADM. By adding ADM, the dealer is showing they don't care about the customer anyway, they're clearly in the wrong business then.
"Amazing But......' But nothing, have you no concept of what just happened to a 100+ year old auto manufacturer? At the speed of a Tweet? Seriously Impressive, NO BUTS about it!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
If the dealer had marked up the car by $1000, let's call it a skip the line, no reservation wait thing, then maybe it could be considered just business, but $10k? That's pure car dealer nonsense.

For me they are asking a lot to get sticker. ;) Cool that Ford took some action.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
"Amazing But......' But nothing, have you know concept of what just happened to a 100+ year old auto manufacturer? At the speed of a Tweet? Seriously Impressive, NO BUTS about it!
It is seriously impressive! I'm not knocking that! Ford did right, and that's awesome.

I'm knocking the greedy dealer who put Ford in the position of turning on a dime and responding to a tweet.

Dealers that "protect the consumer" from the big bad automaker, according to their state lobbying to prevent direct sales, and then pull this stuff. ADMs get me REALLY mad.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Hold on here - There is only (per the Tweet) 4522 "Why shoppers hate car dealers" reasons. Seems low to me.
Maybe these are priority based and this one jumped up to 4522 out of infinity.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is SCHAUMBURG FORD (I looked up the VIN). Weird because before I picked up my First Edition from another dealer, I was asking them if they had any to sell. I also told them I won't pay ADM. They never told me they had this one in stock. I guess this is capatalism at its finest. I do not fault the dealer just like I did not fault Blockbuster for failing to realize that Netflix and online rental companies that made renting/streaming easy would someday take Blockbuster out of business. Dealers that do not adapt will not be here in 10 years. The car industry is changing and most consumers just want to buy their cars online or by walking into a design "center" and without the pains of dealing with dealerships.
I'm confused. If you told them you won't pay ADM, why should they have told you about one with ADM?

I don't like dealers either, but the anger over ADM has never made sense to me. If you don't want to pay ADM, find another dealer (there are plenty who aren't marking up) or order the car and wait (for a loooong time). I would much rather have a dealer disclose an exorbitant ADM (as it appears these guys did) rather than try to make their money with back-end shenanigans in the finance office.

Why do people find supply and demand and honest capitalism so offensive? This is actually one of the dealers I called when looking for my grabber blue with x-plan pricing. The dealer told me they were charging ADM, I said no thanks, and that was that.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It is seriously impressive! I'm not knocking that! Ford did right, and that's awesome.

I'm knocking the greedy dealer who put Ford in the position of turning on a dime and responding to a tweet.

Dealers that "protect the consumer" from the big bad automaker, according to their state lobbying to prevent direct sales, and then pull this stuff. ADMs get me REALLY mad.
It's a fine line with Lawyers on both sides of the Dealer to Manufacturer contract.
Dealers lawyer says; " Claim harm by Ford for lost potential revenue"
Ford lawyer gives them the form and claim number.
Both have job security!!!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Same here, that's why i drove 130 miles for mine and have two Bronco reservation numbers with them. Although the bastards are making $2,400 on our trade! My Choice, so all good.

trade.jpg

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Amazing :D

But something that (IMO) should never have happened. I wish Ford could terminate the franchises of dealers that try ADM. By adding ADM, the dealer is showing they don't care about the customer anyway, they're clearly in the wrong business then.
They can't terminate the franchise over that, what they can do is to reduce allocations of desirable vehicles to a particular dealer that is doing this. If we are seeing $10K on the Mach E, just imagine what they will try when the Raptor and Bronco are released. The problem is that Ford probably does not know about individual dealers doing this. Even if Ford does crack down, they will just do other things like applying a ceramic coat to the car, or PPF and charging a well above market price for that.
This is why i strongly believe that all of the legacy automakers will need to buy out all of their dealers at some point and have them all be company owned retail/service points. There is no effective way to compete with Tesla, Lucid, Rivian etc when you have to give up margin to dealerships and there is all sorts of nonsense going on at the dealership level.
Sponsored