jimbobiii

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue ER AWD MME, Model 3
Country flag
It’s wild how many other articles copied the 10k error.

but I wouldn’t be surprised to See Tesla inch prices if the tax credit comes back.
Sponsored

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
It’s wild how many other articles copied the 10k error.

but I wouldn’t be surprised to See Tesla inch prices if the tax credit comes back.
Yeah so looks like model Y LR went up $1000...they cut the price by $1000 a few weeks ago. The price of the Model S plaid went up by $10,000.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I forwarded the tweets to two local dealers who are putting ADM's on dropped ordered FE's and one of them responded with this:

"Thank you for the heads up. The good news is our markup on the last 1st Edition we have left is only $8K, not $10K. We had 3 1st Editions here last week that were ordered from customers who decided not to go through with their purchase, for any number of reasons. The reason for the markup you're seeing is because as dealers we are not able to order Mach-E's for the dealership to sell right now. The only way to get a Mach-E 1st Edition right now is from a dealer who had an order from a customer who opted not to purchase. The inventory for Mach-E's for the seeable future is going to be extremely limited. If you were to put in an order right now for a 1st Edition you will not see you're Mach-E till sometime in 2022.
Right now the 1st Edition Mach-E is under a similar category as the F-150 Raptor and the Shelby. Where there is a very limited number of vehicles available across the country. And once those are gone there will not be any available for awhile.
I appreciate your feedback and hopefully, this helps gives some insight into the shock value of the markup you are seeing for the 1st Edition Mach-E's. I do have a Select with Regular Battery "not extended" and AWD available without the markup if you are interested."
My response was this mentality is 1980's dealer/customer relationship. We are in the Amazon generation where the customer expects to be able to purchase online and for the marked price that all other dealers are selling it at. I also threw in that those customers will eventually talk to the other FE customers and find out they did not pay 8k extra and will remember that when selecing a dealer to deal with in the future.
All these dealers need to look forward to day that Bezos and the mfr cot a deal to buy your car on Amazon and have it delivered to your house, only 1 finance option and rate. No add ons except by request. Bingo! It over. Then it all becomes about service, quality and price.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Well, I didn't complain on twitter, but finally decided to send a polite email to customer service last night inquiring about the delayed delivery of my order and lack of status updates. Not saying it's related, but this afternoon I received that email we all wait for. As you can see they even put the plate bracket on the front in the image so I wouldn't have to be reminded with what could have been. ;) I have my? there will not be any issues with delivery, anxious about inspecting it in person after it's long, long journey.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Complains of Mach-E ADM on Twitter, Ford's Mike Levine Has ADM Removed Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.34.35 PM

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My dealership Eau Claire Ford is charging 2k ADM and I’m am struggling with it. I knew about it when I placed the order they were upfront about it. I thought everyone was paying that though. The hook is I could reserve the car 10 mins up the road at Toycen Ford and they do not have a markup. I’m in it for a grand already though with the first 500 when I reserved then the 500 I paid to actually order. If it wasn’t going to be another two years before I got mine I’d pull the plug for the mere principal of it. I had not yet discovered this forum so I had no idea!

Ford needs to step in. The fact that they let their dealers do whatever they want is giving the Ford brand a bad look.
I don't remember if you can get the order deposit back but you should have received a reservation deposit refund when you converted it to an order. If not, contact Ford and get your refund.

Ask the other dealer if they have any Mach-Es. At the least, you'll save $1500 ($2K - $500 deposit), just by buying a car without ADM.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Well, I didn't complain on twitter, but finally decided to send a polite email to customer service last night inquiring about the delayed delivery of my order and lack of status updates. Not saying it's related, but this afternoon I received that email we all wait for. As you can see they even put the plate bracket on the front in the image so I wouldn't have to be reminded with what could have been. ;) I have my? there will not be any issues with delivery, anxious about inspecting it in person after it's long, long journey.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Complains of Mach-E ADM on Twitter, Ford's Mike Levine Has ADM Removed Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.34.35 PM
I asked Mr. Levine to spend more time helping you guys, doubt he'll listen to a Tesla owner, but I'm trying...

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow, literally hundreds of Teala trolls are there attacking Levine for speaking some negative facts about Tesla, pointing out only a few of the giga frauds of Tesla. Tough luck dealing with all those Tesla trolls. They suck up the sleaze and lies from Musk all day & all night, but the Ford dealer ADMs have got their ar** on fire, even though these trolls buy cars from tesla only. What gives?
Are these trolls feeling really insecure with Mach-e success, that it makes their Model Y look like an ugly duckling? :)

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
I’ll be going through this soon with my GT.

For those that have been through this already on the other trims, given the online ordering process, at what point does the dealer become involved where I’ll learn about any ADM, not accepting x-plan, adding non refundable deposits, any other dealership shenanigans, etc.

my 11/2019 reservation is going to be open for order next month.

This adjusted MSRP nonsense raised some questions. Any help is appreciated.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Wow, literally hundreds of Teala trolls are there attacking Levine for speaking some negative facts about Tesla, pointing out only a few of the giga frauds of Tesla. Tough luck dealing with all those Tesla trolls. They suck up the sleaze and lies from Musk all day & all night, but the Ford dealer ADMs have got their ar** on fire, even though these trolls buy cars from tesla only. What gives?
Are these trolls feeling really insecure with Mach-e success, that it makes their Model Y look like an ugly duckling? :)

It's sad that we don't have more cooperation among us for sure.

I'm trying as I'm an EV enthusiast first and you'll notice I don't dump on the Mach-E or those who have chosen it.

I also don't waste this forum's time defending the choices you've made.

And for clarity, Ahmed is a Tesla Engineer. Not an excuse, just a fact.

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I've seen this posted by a couple other folks so I'm curious - why did you have to put down the second $500?

The first 500 was the refundable to basically get in line. The second one locked me in when I placed the order and then it all became non-refundable.

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Because these people did not do their research, and assume this wasn't just a dealer being greedy. Same with dealers who made those deposits non-refundable, or were upfront about ADM. Caveat Emptor applies to cars, same as everything else.
I do not disagree with you that I did not do my due diligence. However, in mine and many others defense most of us probably have not purchased a new car online ever before. And certainly not one that has this much demand for it. They spring it on you at the order process stage you may not realize that every dealership has the leeway to do whatever the hell they want to do as Ford is pretty hands off about it. So you feel like this is just a cost of doing business. This is why this is going to hurt car dealers in general at some point. It is rare that you see a dealer markup above msrp on any other vehicle so it sort of takes you by surprise. It is all good though. I have another Ford dealer 10 mins away that does not charge the ADM on any of their special order vehicles. So if I do end up going through with the purchase and they will not waive the 2k ADM they will never see my vehicle again. I will take it to the dealer up the road for any and all service work. Which I am quite certain will be well over 2k in costs by the time I am done with this vehicle as I do not buy cars very often and drive them forever. So you may get it today but you will not get it in the future. Seems fair to me.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I do not disagree with you that I did not do my due diligence. However, in mine and many others defense most of us probably have not purchased a new car online ever before. And certainly not one that has this much demand for it. They spring it on you at the order process stage you may not realize that every dealership has the leeway to do whatever the hell they want to do as Ford is pretty hands off about it. So you feel like this is just a cost of doing business. This is why this is going to hurt car dealers in general at some point. It is rare that you see a dealer markup above msrp on any other vehicle so it sort of takes you by surprise. It is all good though. I have another Ford dealer 10 mins away that does not charge the ADM on any of their special order vehicles. So if I do end up going through with the purchase and they will not waive the 2k ADM they will never see my vehicle again. I will take it to the dealer up the road for any and all service work. Which I am quite certain will be well over 2k in costs by the time I am done with this vehicle as I do not buy cars very often and drive them forever. So you may get it today but you will not get it in the future. Seems fair to me.
I didn't mean to come of snooty. "These people" makes me sound like a jerk. This may end up an expensive lesson, but hopefully you'll learn from this not to trust dealers without doing the research. Whether you are ordering the car or buying of the lot, look into multiple dealers, and if possible pit them against each other. And always be prepared to walk away. Fortunately, with forums like this one and many other resources you don't have to let sleazy dealers take advantage of you.

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I told the same thing to Fair Oaks Naperville and they said okay only to try to put $3K ADM.

That is my point. I am not faulting dealers for trying to charge ADM, as long as they are honest. I told that to Fair Oaks Ford on their Grabber Blue FE and when they agreed to sell it to me at MSRP, they still proceeded to try to charge me ADM when I arrived. After a painful experience, the GM stepped in and gave me the car at MSRP. That was after the finance team tried to convince me their flex purchase financing was a better value then the Ford Options (which they told me was not available).

However, you are totally missing my point though.....but that is okay. The car industry is changing and dealers need to figure out how to adapt because sooner or later, manufacturers will figure out that a majority of car buyers are not happy about the car buying experience. Lastly, no one that supports dealers can talk about Capatlism (this is not directed at you). Most dealerships use decade old laws to protect their self interest. In a true capatalistic economy, Tesla would not be banned from selling cars in states where dealers are forcing states to stop the direct sales model. That is not captalism.....
I was also looking at Fair Oaks but didn't want to pay the ADM. Eventually, I went to Packet Webb and put a deposit down on a Carbonized Gray FE at MSRP that is expected to be delivered next week.

I've test driven a couple cars at Fair Oaks and never really liked the dealership.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Dealerships have their place but it's hard to like them. When I was buying my Mach-E they tried to fleece me in more than one way. They conveniently forgot about $500 deposit (actually did it twice). They put an APR much higher for Ford Options than 2.25% and pretended they didn't know that program existed. Then they tried to sell the junk warranties and services. And also tried to lowball on trade-in. If I were unprepared and went with all that stuff I would have been paying many thousands dollars more.
Sponsored