generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I didn't see this one posted here yet even though it's from September. It looks like cars built between July 6, 2021 and July 24, 2021 could have a misconfigured ECG that prevents PaaK from functioning. There probably weren't too many cars that were built during that timefreame and delivered to customers before this notice went to dealers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21B53 - Some Mach-E built in July need an ECG update for PaaK to function 1638028883588

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10202719-0001.pdf
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Thank you. Is there a way to check if the module is updated?

Someone sent me a screenshot of my car's modules from FDRS but I don't see the ECG module there

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. Is there a way to check if the module is updated?

Someone sent me a screenshot of my car's modules from FDRS but I don't see the ECG module there
If it wasn’t on the list of available updates for your VIN, I would think you don’t need it. Was your car built between the affected dates?

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
If it wasn’t on the list of available updates for your VIN, I would think you don’t need it. Was your car built between the affected dates?
Yes car was built in affected dates.
ECG wasn't listed not only in the list of available updates but it was also missing from the list of all modules in left pane.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ECG wasn't listed not only in the list of available updates but it was also missing from the list of all modules in left pane.
Does PaaK work for you?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Chris, I can re-run your VIN when I'm home in a couple hours and let you know. I haven't seen the ECG update on any of the GT vehicles however. I've only seen it on the non-GT. I know the memo doesn't speak to that specifically, but it's been my observation. Also I updated my GTPE yesterday as it needed a new RFA module update and there was no ECG update and my build date falls in this range.

I will check it for you again.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Chris, I can re-run your VIN when I'm home in a couple hours and let you know. I haven't seen the ECG update on any of the GT vehicles however. I've only seen it on the non-GT. I know the memo doesn't speak to that specifically, but it's been my observation. Also I updated my GTPE yesterday as it needed a new RFA module update and there was no ECG update.

I will check it for you again.
Thanks, no need to check again.
I think you might be right. The GTs might not need it even if they were produced during the affected days.

I wish Ford made it easier for owners to know when their cars needed a specific update and maybe in 10 years OTA will work flawlessly and we will receive updates seamlessly.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So people who need this, PAAK doesn’t work at all?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
As far as I can tell ECG = GWM. IDK why they call it ECG in this but not anywhere else.

My car was built in this timeframe but my PAAK worked day 1. This is likely specific modules.

Note this is not necessarily a software update - though an update may be available. This appears to be a configuration issue - likely as built was incorrect for some VINs. It has long been fixed most likely.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As far as I can tell ECG = GWM. IDK why they call it ECG in this but not anywhere else.

My car was built in this timeframe but my PAAK worked day 1. This is likely specific modules.

Note this is not necessarily a software update - though an update may be available. This appears to be a configuration issue - likely as built was incorrect for some VINs. It has long been fixed most likely.
My 7/3/21 build just received 1.6 OTA a few days ago, have been having more PAAK issues than usual. But it’s worked 90% of the time just fine since I got it.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Mine has a production date of July 9. And then waiting for Chip until September 20 which he says built. Sent on October 20. Will I need that update?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has a production date of July 9. And then waiting for Chip until September 20 which he says built. Sent on October 20. Will I need that update?
It’s only for vehicles built up to June, guessing July and forward already have updated modules are they feel like they won’t have issues updating them later over the air.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It’s only for vehicles built up to June, guessing July and forward already have updated modules are they feel like they won’t have issues updating them later over the air.
Okay. But the document in this thread says built from July 6th to July 24th.
Sponsored