Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
New CSP announced yesterday that includes quite a few module updates to address past issues including the hill descent shutdown issue, in addition to other improvements. This seems to be "Mach-E Service Pack 1" effectively, this will fix a lot of issues with the early builds.

EDIT: This update also improves the DC fast charging curve for non-GT vehicles above 80%. Charging rate from 80-90% is now ~45 kW (up from 12 kW), and gradually decreases from 90-100% SoC.

March 2022 Update: The program has been expanded to include vehicles built through Sept 30, 2021.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 21P22-S1

Original bulletin:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update R21P22

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update R21P22 II

If you are having the windshield recall done, it would make sense to combine visits and have the updates done at the same time. When dealers look up your car on their system (OASIS) by VIN this should pop up in yellow for affected vehicles. There are also step-by step technical instructions for the technician to follow if they aren't sure how to do the updates. These updates are also available in FDRS for DIY self-updaters.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks for this. It may finally be time to spend $55 to use FDRS for a couple of days.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
"Improved range in cold weather"? Wonder what that is about

I did these updates last friday, and all seems well.
It might be the update to release some of the battery buffer (ie make 71kwh available instead of 68kwh in the SR battery), or it could just be an update to the guess-o-meter to not be as conservative in cold weather. My money is on the latter.

Oh, and I love the "vampire cat" profile pic :D

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Wow, Ford is actually authorizing them to update everything just for minor improvements that may not be an actual problem. Good for you Ford.

This hasn't shown up on any VINs yet as far as I can tell but probably will soon.

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
Wow, Ford is actually authorizing them to update everything just for minor improvements that may not be an actual problem. Good for you Ford.

This hasn't shown up on any VINs yet as far as I can tell but probably will soon.
Confirmed with my dealer that it's available for my VIN! YAY!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

I agree, this is great news. I see it on my vehicle. (Dec 2020 build)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1637678508937

I just had these modules highlighted below updated two weeks ago (Nov 12th). I wonder what if any updates I already have since this update stops at June 2021 builds. The updates should have already been published in FRDS at the time of my updates, maybe?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1637678579639

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I agree, this is great news. I see it on my vehicle. (Dec 2020 build)

1637678508937.png

I just had these modules highlighted below updated two weeks ago (Nov 12th). I wonder what if any updates I already have since this update stops at June 2021 builds. The updates should have already been published in FRDS at the time of my updates, maybe?

1637678579639.png
Send me your VIN and I can look if you want.

Though if they updated the BECM it should have forced them to update the PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB/C as well. Maybe not though. I always start with the PCM and it forces you to update the rest.

I put my GT vin in not my FE which is why it didn't show up. It is showing up for the FE.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Does anyone know if there’s a parking pawl on the front motor? This may be the intermittent ratchet noise I hear.​

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Will this show up in the 'Recall' alert on FordPass? Ie will I have something in writing to show the dealer?

Also, I saw the RFA is included in this bulletin - isn't that the module updated by the PaaK FSA? So if I haven't had that done yet, would it be included among these updates?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Will this show up in the 'Recall' alert on FordPass? Ie will I have something in writing to show the dealer?

Also, I saw the RFA is included in this bulletin - isn't that the module updated by the PaaK FSA? So if I haven't had that done yet, would it be included among these updates?
Don't think it will show up as a recall since it's not 'required' but is available.

When the dealer pulls up your VIN in the system it will show up like this. Highlighted and all so they cannot miss it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1637684152715

I had the PaaK update done. The RFA reflash was a separate thing that needed to be done too. If you've not have the PaaK update done yet, it would show up highlighted here too.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Does anyone know if there’s a parking pawl on the front motor? This may be the intermittent ratchet noise I hear.​
No, only the rear motor has the parking pawl. Clicking from the front could be a bad half shaft, especially if it only happens while turning.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't believe so.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
No, only the rear motor has the parking pawl. Clicking from the front could be a bad half shaft, especially if it only happens while turning.
Thanks. That’s what I would have expected, simpler design less weight and potential problems. I’ve read other posts on half shaft issue and my symptoms don’t fully match but it’s been something I’ve considered. Can’t explain why it’s intermittent if the shaft is bad. Seems it should be persistent or at least reproducible, which I can’t so I’ve avoided taking it in.