buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Would not be surprised to see that color option turn up for other models later on, in the same way grabber blue was supposed to just be for the first edition and ended up on the GT

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Would not be surprised to see that color option turn up for other models later on, in the same way grabber blue was supposed to just be for the first edition and ended up on the GT
Where did you hear Grabber Blue was FE only? It was the color of the GT at the reveal event.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Where did you hear Grabber Blue was FE only? It was the color of the GT at the reveal event.
It was not originally supposed to be offered on the GT though. In fact, the FE was marketed as having "the exclusive" GB color.
It wasn't added to the GT configurator until a month or so later -- it wasn't on there when I made my reservation for a carbonized gray.
Ford says they later decided to add GB for the GT because of all the positive attention it got at the reveal.

Update: Here is the story revealing GB would be added to the GT options along with another TBD color (which we now know are two other colors: the Cyber Orange and Dark Matter Gray):

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...t-color-along-with-another-color-to-come.129/

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm sure the positive attention of the grabber blue on the GT at the reveal was more WTF ford why chose to show it in a color we can't get complaints lol. With the GT having a different front end I suppose you could say those with a grabber blue non GT are still keeping that original exclusivity, still like all exclusives within a few years the paint options typically end up on all models or removed.

Would not be at all surprised to see the grabber blue and cyber orange get cycled out within a few years for some other bright shades with the others remain.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
First real life look at Cyber Orange Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CYBER ORANGE METALLIC Mach-E Club Cyber Orange Mach-E Real Life 2
Ford Mustang Mach-E CYBER ORANGE METALLIC Mach-E Club Cyber Orange Mach-E Real Life 2
Does anyone know when and where this one was sighted? I'll enter it into the Mach-Es Seen in the Wild sheet.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Did they really need to circle it to tell us which one was the orange one? ?
Maybe they were pointing out the Mach-E vs Edge ? ;)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
First real life look at Cyber Orange Mach-E.

I suspect that your camera is not white-balanced correctly...doesn't look much like the Ford photos.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I suspect that your camera is not white-balanced correctly...doesn't look much like the Ford photos.
Also, look at the trees...greenish-gray? The chroma level in these pix are way low (I'm a video editor/director of videography).

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Also, look at the trees...greenish-gray? The chroma level in these pix are way low (I'm a video editor/director of videography).
There are an awful lot of people out there that think uncorrected log images looks good :( so the image probably looks perfect to them lol. Probably a bit to much to ask for people capturing mach-e's out in the wild to take an image with a macbeth chart in frame as to know which way to correct it, still if you drop the gamma of the image it isn't that far away from fords promo images that have more yellow in the highlights.

It is definitely one of those colors that I want to see out in the sun and when overcast / in shade to see if it has any large differences as color choices are so subjective. That was one of things I never liked about the nitrous blue on the focus rs it changed far to much under different lighting conditions.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
There is drone footage of the bronco, that cross references this picture of the mach-e on https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-orange-compared-to-cyber-orange-mach-e.1475/

It is the more of same low quality image with unknown color balance and exposure where it appears very yellow, there is no yellow in the supposed color options for the bronco so have to assume it is the orange.

Lets hope when the ordering books open up for us on the 26th ford will update the main site so the cyber orange and dark matter will appear as color options on the gt configurator
Sponsored