Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Dark Matter Gray and Cyber Orange are now in the GT configurator.
Ford Mustang Mach-E CYBER ORANGE METALLIC Mach-E Club Screenshot 2020-06-26 20.14.29

I have to say, the black spoiler is really snappy against the orange.
Sponsored

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
This makes my color choice journey so much harder...started at Space White, then thought Infini Blue (while it was briefly in GT configurator), then thought red, but finally got thinking I wanted something lighter so thought I would go silver GT...done! But now I think the Orange may be the way to go!

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I put in my reservation as soon as the Cyber Orange option became available. Though I completely understand that the ME GT is more of a weekend ride than the other models which are more commuter-ish. On the plus column is the extra power, lowered suspension and magneride. On the downside, I dislike the grill, I hope we don’t have to pay extra for the forged machined wheels shown on the dealer brochure, and the range is only 235 miles. Also, the roof should be gloss black!

I actually would have paid extra for a new wrap and lowered suspension, so the GT saves me money.

I am exited to see what other options Ford adds to the GT during the next year and I hope that it becomes the vehicle on which they add their latest tech.

Last edited:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
On the downside, I dislike the grill, I hope we don’t have to pay extra for the forged machined wheels shown on the dealer brochure, and the range is only 235 miles. Also, the roof should be gloss black!
The forged wheels are part of the GT performance option package versus the cast aluminum that are standard on the GT. No word yet on whether you’ll have the option to upgrade the wheels without buying the performance package, but it’s likely Ford will keep exclusive for the performance and, even if they don’t, I doubt that the upgrade of wheels will be at no cost.
The good news if you don’t opt for the performance package is the the standard GT has a range of 250, not 235 (which is the estimate for the performance option GT).
I agree that the roof should be black (or frankly standard pano glass), but hopefully we will have appearance package option like the Select to go black.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The forged wheels are part of the GT performance option package
That makes sense! This whole time I had been interpreting "performance edition" as a descriptor and didn't know it is its own package. It will be interesting to see what other options Ford adds to the GT over the next year.

I know it's superficial but seeing so many copy-paste Teslas around Seattle has kept me from buying a Model Y. And it annoys me that I would have to go through tuners like Unplugged Performance to make a unique vehicle, which would leave me wondering about the range impact. The Tesla MY Performance starts with 280 miles of range, but add on some decent looking wheels, new body kit and other customizations and where does it land, 250 conservatively? Also throw in the extra costs for those customizations and the Mach E GT Performance becomes the better option. I just hope us GT reservations holders still get to take advantage of the Federal Tax credit!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That makes sense! This whole time I had been interpreting "performance edition" as a descriptor and didn't know it is its own package. It will be interesting to see what other options Ford adds to the GT over the next year.

I know it's superficial but seeing so many copy-paste Teslas around Seattle has kept me from buying a Model Y. And it annoys me that I would have to go through tuners like Unplugged Performance to make a unique vehicle, which would leave me wondering about the range impact. The Tesla MY Performance starts with 280 miles of range, but add on some decent looking wheels, new body kit and other customizations and where does it land, 250 conservatively? Also throw in the extra costs for those customizations and the Mach E GT Performance becomes the better option. I just hope us GT reservations holders still get to take advantage of the Federal Tax credit!
This is what we know of the performance package. Unfortunately, it's very old info... but I haven't seen anything that changes it yet.
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...pdf/Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition.pdf

Unfortunately, the important thing missing in that info (and which we still don't know) is price. That will determine if it really is "the better option."

I don't see any risk of not having the full fed. tax credit for the GTs.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't see any risk of not having the full fed. tax credit for the GTs.
Agreed. I don't think there's any real risk of that running out for Ford until 2022. Especially now with COVID shutdowns and the resulting recession.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

+1 on the Teslas Everywhere in Seattle.

As much as I enjoyed driving the Model Y Performance, I'm already seeing Ys around town and it won't be long till they are even more plentiful than Model 3s. There's just nothing special about the 3 or Y.

A Cyber Orange MME GT would definitely be unique, that's for sure.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A Cyber Orange MME GT would definitely be unique, that's for sure.
Correction: Cyber Orange MME GT **Performance** ;).

..I have seen a new Model Y during each of my last four runs around my neighborhood.

I didn't mention the lack of pricing for the Performance package before cause whatever Ford prices it at will surely be a better deal than the markup for services we see in Seattle. When I was seriously looking at the Model Y and the customizations I wanted, I was quoted $5-7k for the wrap alone. It's pretty common around here to get a ridiculous initial quote cause some people pay it. I had the same experience when I had the wheels on my Land Rover powder coated. So yeah, I think the Performance package will be a better option.

The performance package items look good, but the magneride suspension means limited options for getting a lower ride?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Correction: Cyber Orange MME GT **Performance** ;).

..I have seen a new Model Y during each of my last four runs around my neighborhood.

I didn't mention the lack of pricing for the Performance package before cause whatever Ford prices it at will surely be a better deal than the markup for services we see in Seattle. When I was seriously looking at the Model Y and the customizations I wanted, I was quoted $5-7k for the wrap alone. It's pretty common around here to get a ridiculous initial quote cause some people pay it. I had the same experience when I had the wheels on my Land Rover powder coated. So yeah, I think the Performance package will be a better option.

The performance package items look good, but the magneride suspension means limited options for getting a lower ride?
I don't know much about Magneride except that it's computer controlled so you're likely limited to the options that Ford provides. I don't know if there's height settings like you get with an air suspension system, but I kind of doubt it.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Magneride is one of the best things the Performance package has! A must for me.

And, although I won't be doing it because the GT's clearance is already pretty low and the 20" wheels already fill the wheel wells quite nicely, yes, there are aftermarket sellers of lowering springs for Magneride-equipped coupes, for example.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-lowering-wsprings-1517-gt350.html

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
GT is already like 10mm lower than the Premium/Select, so it's getting kinda thin underneath to go any lower? There are some driveways I scrape my hitch-mounted bike rack on and I cringe doing the same with my MME.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’re right, it will likely look great with the current specs. But I won’t know how I feel until I see it in person.

I guess my limit is my sloped driveway.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GT is already like 10mm lower than the Premium/Select, so it's getting kinda thin underneath to go any lower? There are some driveways I scrape my hitch-mounted bike rack on and I cringe doing the same with my MME.
I think you meant 100mm (4"). 5.3" GC on the GT, 5.7" on the others. Both are disappointingly low. Even a Honda Accord has 5.5" GC (below). I know the battery pack takes up space and (thankfully) raises the inside floor, but still. Ford should have raised the whole vehicle 2 more inches IMO.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CYBER ORANGE METALLIC Mach-E Club 2018-honda-accord-hybrid-111-1529612531