buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Much more yellow than I expected from their first rendering but I really like it.
This is going to be one of those colors that you are going too have to see in person as camera exposure is going to end up making it appear more yellow than it probably is. I waited a bit for the web to fill up with various bronco videos as the color is all over place in them. This one is rather over exposed (based on white t-shirt) but based on the time of day filmed to be expected, however the shots in the shade you get much more orange, you also have the advantage of some yellow in scene to compare it against against.

Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Looks even better than I thought it would, those Tesla cams were making me question my choice. Also less metallic than the press phots, which is a plus.

Extra points for throwing on the GT Performance pack wheels! And interesting to see the black (or glass) roof, which must be an option for the Performance since the base GT has neither.
The glass roof was always listed as optional on the GT, would seem very odd to limit that to just the performance as it means ford would be leaving money on the table.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The glass roof was always listed as optional on the GT, would seem very odd to limit that to just the performance as it means ford would be leaving money on the table.
Seems like glass roof would be a natural option available for the Performance Package but it might be mutually exclusive since it would be detrimental to its performance?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Seems like glass roof would be a natural option available for the Performance Package but it might be mutually exclusive since it would be detrimental to its performance?
I am still on the fence over the glass roof but not from a performance perspective in an ICE there are benefits without one but I doubt the glass will make that much of performance difference with the mach-e as the weight of battery pack is just such a large portion of the overall weight that the change in center of gravity is probably going to be minimal and any changes in acceleration probably won't be noticed, but it is going to be one of those will have to wait and see.

I am more interested to see how the roof impacts cabin temperatures in hot summers, unfortunately due to the time or order nobody has a chance of finding out until long after your order is placed :(. Seeings as it is summer now would be nice of ford to show some temperature reading from inside the cabin to showing how good the coating is to actually back up the marketing.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Much more yellow than I expected from their first rendering but I really like it.
I was thinking the same thing. Probably the bright sun. I didn't like this picture as much as I did the original rendering we saw. That one seemed a little darker. More of an orange-tint gold. This is more yellow.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Reminds me how much I loved the Grabber Gt show car wheels that look so good. This picture is awesome. The fully decked out GT certainly has the best look in my opinon. I personally like the dark grill rather than the silver performance one. Almost seems like the black one should be the performance and visa versa. Anyway, I can't imagine anyone seeing this one in the picture looking like that on a dealer lot, and not buying it on the spot. It's irresistible!

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Reminds me how much I loved the Grabber Gt show car wheels that look so good. This picture is awesome. The fully decked out GT certainly has the best look in my opinon. I personally like the dark grill rather than the silver performance one. Almost seems like the black one should be the performance and visa versa. Anyway, I can't imagine anyone seeing this one in the picture looking like that on a dealer lot, and not buying it on the spot. It's irresistible!
AFAIK, the black and silver grills you're referring to are one and the same. Several of the computer renderings make it look overly gray. It appears to be a 3D pattern with a flat acrylic over it, so it will reflect light in interesting ways.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
AFAIK, the black and silver grills you're referring to are one and the same. Several of the computer renderings make it look overly gray. It appears to be a 3D pattern with a flat acrylic over it, so it will reflect light in interesting ways.
No it's different. Look at post 57 and "unique carbonized Gray Grill". as in unique to the performance model of the GT. Then look at the current standard GT config page. It is definitely different.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No it's different. Look at post 57 and "unique carbonized Gray Grill". as in unique to the performance model of the GT. Then look at the current standard GT config page. It is definitely different.
Ah, interesting. Well I definitely like the darker one more!!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe.

a) They are renderings
b) We don't have the final GT vs GT-performance spec sheet
c) Having seen the GT in person, there is definitely a 3d pattern covered with acrylic that looks different depending on the amount and angle of light hitting it.

But it does have a pony with a glowing outline. I'm jealous!

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
But it does have a pony with a glowing outline. I'm jealous!
Ohhhhhhhhh!

But still not a fan of the nose cone. It makes the GT look dated since it reminds me too much of the first Model S version. The front end of the prototype would have been preferred....likely to see that with a facelift for the 2025 model?
Sponsored