buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I’m really curious to see Dark Matter. Hoping for something similar to a dark gunmetal grey, a bit like this.

B4E30511-98BE-4FE7-89DC-87CCFB983018.jpeg

863089AE-1883-4438-B98B-1A810A11DFD8.jpeg
As a guess I would imagine the dark matter would just be one of the 2021 ford colors, just given a different name, the same way paints across different models get a different name despite having the same paint code.

The colour chips can in no way be close to the actual color but there are quite a few very dark greys in the list.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/2021/all-models/

I wouldn't be surprised if the cyber orange is close to the orange fury tri coat that you can get on the mk4 focus st.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CYBER ORANGE NOW OFFERED FOR 2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GT focus_st_058
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
It's nice Ford added Cyber Orange but only on the GT. I have a Competition Orange 2015 Mustang so I would buy the color on the Mach E but I'm not willing to spend the extra money on the GT.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Late summer 21 sounds so far away. You could buy a new car keep it over a year and trade it and then the GT would finally be here. ugg. But there is nothing comparable so far to consider.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
You know better than me what the glass roof has been like on the Tesla, but it’s not a hot mess on all cars. Our tinted glass roof on the Volvo XC-90 is huge, and has been awesome (even living in Texas). I’ll be getting it on the MME GT. But it’s a personal preference and, if you can save the money and weight, go for it.

Premium comes standard with Ford Copilot 360 and Copilot 360 Assist, as well as active park assist and 360-degree camera.
The GT (like the Select) is shown as coming standard with the copilot and assist, but the active park assist and 360 camera as optional.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
You know better than me what the glass roof has been like on the Tesla, but it’s not a hot mess on all cars. Our tinted glass roof on the Volvo XC-90 is huge, and has been awesome (even living in Texas). I’ll be getting it on the MME GT. But it’s a personal preference and, if you can save the money and weight, go for it.

Premium comes standard with Ford Copilot 360 and Copilot 360 Assist, as well as active park assist and 360-degree camera.
The GT (like the Select) is shown as coming standard with the copilot and assist, but the active park assist and 360 camera as optional.
The glass roof is far from a hot mess on the Model 3 too. It's a show stopper feature that EVERYONE comments on how good it looks. It's been 95-100 here lately and car stays just as cool as my previous car with a metal roof.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I might change my order from Silver to Orange when the time comes!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All up to you. I would say that, if you are considering resale value though, a GT will have much higher resale than a premium with a wrap on it. The premium with a wrap may be worth as much to you as a GT without one... that’s up to you, but it won’t have the same resale value as the GT.
And the range difference is still 20 miles — not 30.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you really think that adding a wrap to a car that otherwise has an MSRP in your view that much lower than the GT is going to bring it up to the same resale value... well, good luck with that.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
While I’m glad they offered another bright color, I’m almost in shock that they are offering yet another option in the gray/silver family. Market research must show that people shopping in this segment REALLY love having plenty of grays and silvers to choose from.
I'm actually excited to see what the new gray is. Space white (light gray) is my choice now, but I would love a darker gray like on the Focus RS.

I want to see a picture of the dark matter grey now. I wonder if it's because they got a lot of feedback that the carbonized grey was lighter than people wanted (it certainly was lighter than I wanted, along with others in the carbonized grey thread).
I hope its not darker. The name would suggest that its not what Im hoping for tho.

Last edited:

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
gotta say that when I see fresh pics of the maxed out GT, it looks so much better than the regular model.
Is there a post of a side-by-side comparison? If so, please point me to it.
Sponsored