Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, BMW Z-4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had my first drive in a Mach E at my local dealer, Nazareth Ford in Nazareth, Pa. Their white performance model was also shared with three other nearby Ford Dealers to use for test drives. They allowed my wife and I to take the car out on the road and we were imperssed and anxious go get ours. Scheduled build date is not until mid May and dealer says it may be langer due to the chip shortage.
Sponsored

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I had my first drive in a Mach E at my local dealer, Nazareth Ford in Nazareth, Pa. Their white performance model was also shared with three other nearby Ford Dealers to use for test drives. They allowed my wife and I to take the car out on the road and we were imperssed and anxious go get ours. Scheduled build date is not until mid May and dealer says it may be langer due to the chip shortage.
I test drove the same one At the same dealership. It’s a gorgeous car! They recently received a black Premium For sale. $5000 ADM though.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The car is worth the wait. Several on this forum have found all levels of trim at MSRP from orders that fell out.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
UPDATE
Got to my dealer last night and they were ready and waiting with their unit. Pacifico Marple Ford Lincoln in Broomall. I also got some more details on what’s going on. First, apparently, the units are now referred to as “Mannequin” vehicles, not “FCTP” vehicles. This confused me and I asked if that meant that the car just sat there and we weren’t allowed to drive it. My sales guy quickly explained that no, you can drive them, but Ford changed the program. He wasn’t clear on the rationale or the specifics, but they now go out as if they are service loaners. My suspicion is that is what let’s them go out for extended periods and without a dealer person in the vehicle. You basically fill out a “rental” type agreement (if you’ve ever had a service car from a dealer, you know what I mean). This sounds like a very recent change Ford instituted. Anyway, quick run through the paper work and he hands me the fob and tells me to have fun. I ask if there was a route he wanted me to stick to? Nope. Any time he wants me back? Nope, we’re here all night (well, until 8).
Seat I miss the front tilt and aft tilt, but I can live with it.
BLIS Indicators nice that they’re bigger than on the escape I have
Instrument cluster I’m not a fan of “dark mode” on computers but I will leave my IC in dark mode. The big screen can stay in auto.
Voice Commands seemed similar to my escape, except the response modes were overly “chatty”. I think that’s a configuration setting.
One Pedal turned that sucker on for 5 seconds then turned it off. Definitely a learning curve and I didn’t want to learn.
Normal driving glad I didn’t have pax. It will take some getting used to - very jerky.
Cabin noise after all the comments, I was expecting a graveyard at midnight. Frankly it wasn’t much different than my escape. I thought maybe it was because of propulsion sounds so I turned those off - nope. Maybe noisy tires? All windows rolled up of course.
Charging pad iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Apple Clear case is an EXACT fit width-wise. If Apple makes the iPhone 13 any larger, oh well.
Orange Unbridled Indicators not nearly as prominent as in Ford literature/videos. 3 very faint angles in the corners, easy to miss.
Cruise control / lane centering very impressive. I was surprised at how long it let me keep my hands off the wheel before yelling at me.
Propulsion sounds why? I have good hearing and these are barely audible. Provide some kind of sound level adjustment so you can blast your pax with the fake science fiction “electric V8” ?
Acceleration Yes ?
Handling I didn’t try anything “fun” ?

Spent lots of time talking to the dealer after. They’ve only gotten two so far. There won’t be any GTs available for test drives. If anyone wants to order at this point, they’re ordering a 22, and 22 orders aren’t open. Mustang Mach E and Bronco are the pilot for how Ford wants the car buying experience to work in the future. The bronco version of the process is going better. Bronco sports are available to test drive. Broncos will not be available to test drive (no “mannequin” Broncos). They’re getting more foot traffic asking about the Mustang Mach E. When the dealership owner took it home (he lives on the mainline), he got lots of “walk up” questions about it from people who didn’t know him. Several guys in the dealership have cars on order. None of them have received theirs yet either. (I wouldn’t mind if they did LOL). Sales manager said my car was the one he’s been looking up the most. Latest VV is still only showing “in transit” with no details. Fingers crossed.
Fred Beans in West Chester decided that their FCTP Mach E was unavailable when I stopped by for a test drive a few weeks ago. They told me they’d call the following Wednesday, when it was available again, and I’ve never heard back from them. Another dealer actually reached out to me on the internet and offered to let me test drive their FCTP. I said sure, and they said they’d get back to me. I never heard another peep from them. I called my sales guy at MY dealership (the one I’ve done business at for over 10 years) because he was supposed to let me know when they got their FCTP vehicle. He finally admitted that they’ve had it for several weeks, but that it’s a “service vehicle and difficult to get for test drives. There’s a lot of paperwork that has to be done.” (Yes, that’s close to a direct quote!) I told him “that’s nice, could you arrange a test drive?” So, he claims he will do the necessary paperwork and get the appropriate authorizations for me to be allowed to test drive the vehicle Monday after work.
Fred Beans in West Chester decided that their FCTP Mach E was unavailable when I stopped by for a test drive a few weeks ago. They told me they’d call the following Wednesday, when it was available again, and I’ve never heard back from them. Another dealer actually reached out to me on the internet and offered to let me test drive their FCTP. I said sure, and they said they’d get back to me. I never heard another peep from them. I called my sales guy at MY dealership (the one I’ve done business at for over 10 years) because he was supposed to let me know when they got their FCTP vehicle. He finally admitted that they’ve had it for several weeks, but that it’s a “service vehicle and difficult to get for test drives. There’s a lot of paperwork that has to be done.” (Yes, that’s close to a direct quote!) I told him “that’s nice, could you arrange a test drive?” So, he claims he will do the necessary paperwork and get the appropriate authorizations for me to be allowed to test drive the vehicle Monday after work.
At the rate I’m going, I really wonder if I’ll be allowed to drive my own vehicle when I get it ? the claim is “the end of the month”, but my sales guy told me they’ve “lost visibility to it through vehicle visibility? Seriously? ?
I’m really beginning to see the glimmer of an ugly pattern here and it’s annoying me.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Wait it out - don't buy with any markup. If anything, I'd love to teach dealers a lesson somehow that we can't stand ADM.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
At the rate I’m going, I really wonder if I’ll be allowed to drive my own vehicle when I get it ? the claim is “the end of the month”, but my sales guy told me they’ve “lost visibility to it through vehicle visibility? Seriously? ?
I’m really beginning to see the glimmer of an ugly pattern here and it’s annoying me.
The Fred Beans Ford thing is annoying. Do they want to sell that car? What are they doing?
At least there's no markup on it (I think)!
They've texted us to come look at it. I think I'm on their list since I used to get serviced there with my other Mustang.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
At Nazareth Ford, I did have to make an appointment but was able to test drive a month ago. I don’t know if it’s an option for you, but you’re about 1 hour away. Pennsylvania Turnpike though. Ugh

OP
OP

Cyklopps

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, BMW Z-4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I put in my order at Nazareth Ford in October with no extra mark-up. At that time another nearby dealer had already added 10,000 to their price.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Some of the dealers around here are literally putting them into rotation of service loaners instead of having it for demo purposes. While it would be great to have a MME as a loaner if something does happen, I know at least one dealer that couldn't let me test drive one because they were still doing all the processing to get it registered as a service loaner.
Sponsored