kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Why is it difficult for Ford to make easier lift points?
Sponsored

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
For sure. Tow points too. Would be so easy to label them clearly and officially.

Those little tiny triangles are pretty pathetic as being clear and obvious. They're hard to even notice unless you're looking hard for them.
Most new cars don’t have tow points, we are lucky we even got two in the first place.

The lift points on the vehicle are very apparent to anyone that has worked on vehicles. It’s also where literally every cars lift points are because it has a lot to do with balancing on a lift. The fact that theres an actual rail and not just a doubled up pinch weld is amazing. The only vehicle I’ve seen with better lift points is a body on frame vehicle.
Careless technique caused this unfortunate incident, there’s no issues with lifting where they did. If you ever want to put your car on Jack stands you’ll be lifting off the lift points, it’s not a problem.

CarGuyBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Another video for Jacking up the car and placing it on stands.

Last edited:

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
My, my! Does the likes of Discount Tyres and places like that, not have those car lifts (not sure what they are called exactly)?

Like the one in this video:

That would solve the issue, no? Obviously, they'd still need to place the lift in the correct lifting points...

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My, my! Does the likes of Discount Tyres and places like that, not have those car lifts (not sure what they are called exactly)?

Like the one in this video:

That would solve the issue, no? Obviously, they'd still need to place the lift in the correct lifting points...
They used the correct lift point (or at least very close on that rail). But because the tire was going flat fast and they didn't have an open bay when I pulled up, they just used a rolling hand jack in the parking lot after the tire went totally flat. The lot was asphalt. Rolling jacks need to roll inward as they rise, and the assumption is there was probably a rock or something blocking the jack wheels, thus the lift pad worked it's way outward as it was raised.

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
They used the correct lift point (or at least very close on that rail). But because the tire was going flat fast and they didn't have an open bay when I pulled up, they just used a rolling hand jack in the parking lot after the tire went totally flat. The lot was asphalt. Rolling jacks need to roll inward as they rise, and the assumption is there was probably a rock or something blocking the jack wheels, thus the lift pad worked it's way outward as it was raised.
Thanks. And to be clear, I was not challenging what happened. I was more curious if the likes of Discount Tyres didn't use those 'lift machines', or whatever they are called...

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. And to be clear, I was not challenging what happened. I was more curious if the likes of Discount Tyres didn't use those 'lift machines', or whatever they are called...
I assume they do in the bays. If doing multiple tires I'm sure they lift the whole car. If just doing one tire I wouldn't be surprised if they often just wheel a hand jack over.

Moot in my case since they they just jacked it out in the parking lot. The rapidly deflating tire and no open bays when I arrived left them no choice but to do it out there. Should have put the rolling jack on a plate or something though.
Sponsored