McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Placed this afternoon - no ETA...so we'll see. Would be nice for the summer, but I'm in no hurry.
I feel like this is a priority 1 situation for sure! My heart breaks for you! So close to being yours!
Sponsored

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
Order will be prioritised, so as much as it would suck for someone else if my order jumps the build queue, I'll be secretly OK with it. :cool:
I don’t think you’re gonna have anyone on this forum that would be upset if you skip to the front of the line. I think everyone would want that in your shoes.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is sorta where if the manufacturer was in full control of orders/cancellations/all inventory/allocations, they can find any cancelled order within a hundred miles that matched yours and give you the option to take that instead immediately.

With a patchwork of dealers and them having to agree to move stuff around, it's a logistical pain to use time/resources to fix it for you.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I can’t picture the dealer selling a repaired MME as new. They should also refuse it.
Apparently, Ford has a sliding scale regarding damage to new cars. If the damage is minor enough, it’s repaired and sold as new. Higher amounts of damage will result in repairs and a sale as a used vehicle. Once it gets high eniugh, it ms scrap.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
This is sorta where if the manufacturer was in full control of orders/cancellations/all inventory/allocations, they can find any cancelled order within a hundred miles that matched yours and give you the option to take that instead immediately.

With a patchwork of dealers and them having to agree to move stuff around, it's a logistical pain to use time/resources to fix it for you.
I asked the same question - can we find an exact replacement at another dealer? Answer was no, everyone is selling with ADM etc etc etc. It was never even considered as an option. I've been looking, and found an identical car with no ADM, but it was Space White, not Star White. But if I see one at another dealer I'll mention it to them.

And yes, having the dealer advocate for me has been great - they really have been responsive, very happy (lucky) to have ordered through them. They are a big dealer, so I assume when they contact the DM they return their call.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Let's see how fast it's taken care of. Waiting for a 2023 is not fast IMO and at least the OP is in Canada with no tax credit to worry about. That's $7.5k markup in the US.

It's easy to say having a local advocate will help you, but what if the dealership doesn't? You'll still gatekept by that 1 single dealership. If another dealership has a cancelled order and doesn't want to play, you're stuck as well and there is paperwork to move/agree between two parties when you get another involved.

Remember, it's 1 dealer and they need a cancellation they are willing to give up vs. the manufacturer if it's all under their control.

My point is still if you had a large basket of stuff (MME) which you have complete/full control over, you simply have more power to move that stuff around (think about your wallet). I don't think that's debatable. You're saying Tesla (or Ford in this case) don't give a F$*@* about you so you're screwed, but wouldn't it be better if Tesla/Ford actually does care to make it right? A single full control of all inventory/delivers just gives that party more control.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I asked the same question - can we find an exact replacement at another dealer? Answer was no, everyone is selling with ADM etc etc etc. It was never even considered as an option. I've been looking, and found an identical car with no ADM, but it was Space White, not Star White. But if I see one at another dealer I'll mention it to them.

And yes, having the dealer advocate for me has been great - they really have been responsive, very happy (lucky) to have ordered through them. They are a big dealer, so I assume when they contact the DM they return their call.

Yeah, dealerships are not setup to play ball with each other for low supply vehicles so you're at the whim of that 1 dealer who has to swap you one of their exact matching cancelled orders if they really want to help.

There are just more hoops I feel with how little crumbs dealerships get. With a manufacturer, with say, better supply chains, they have thousands of cars and moving 1 that was simply/same isn't as much of a change/cost to their revenues/profits vs. a dealership where 1 car can be $10k-$20k ADM.

Good luck and keep us posted, but there is this belief that the dealership model is always better a lot of times or will be so much better than manufacturers which are always bad. It's probably somewhere in the middle and dealerships have been bad for so long that maybe we can see if the other method is better. A lot of Tesla hate is mostly service after the fact. We're having issues before we even buy a car.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
Apparently, Ford has a sliding scale regarding damage to new cars. If the damage is minor enough, it’s repaired and sold as new. Higher amounts of damage will result in repairs and a sale as a used vehicle. Once it gets high eniugh, it ms scrap.
I doubt a dealer would care if the car was considered new or used at this point. Used Mach Es are selling for more than new a lot of the time

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

You are right that I am speaking in theory because we don't have a full manufacturer model yet and there is only 1 other comparison case (Tesla). With a few new manufacturers now like Lucid/Rivian, has their service/support been horrid? Tesla has always desired high volume, low touch service (look at their solar biz). Anything not within their regular process is slow/painful.

Similar to me buying say, a Dell monitor and Dell gets me a replacement immediately because they have a thousand in stock, that seems easier assuming the manufacturer has full control over their inventory and supply chain.

That's my point. You're stating that as a fact, that this direct model will never work with EVs and I'm debating that mindset. It's nice the OP has a good dealership, but it's still 1 dealership and not all maybe as nice.

It's the car/dealership model we've been stuck forever with so yes, you are accurate that it won't work at this exact moment/now, but my point again is if it's a Dell monitor or laptop, is it better to have a local Best Buy or Electronic store support me while the manufacturer can just send another one out or literally make me #1 on their next assigned car?

Cars are more complex, but EVs, less so with a lot less service.

I just feel your thinking is "stuck" due to you being in the business for 35 years and having something to defend. Being an old fart myself not working in the industry like you, I think the dealership model has been crap and not something I enjoy.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
No vested interest at all, though, right?

Wycroe

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E; 2015 F150
Occupation
Paramedic
Tax credit in Canada has enough funding for the next few years. It doesn't run out the same way as in the US.
yeah, unfortunately in Canada the premium EAWD doesn’t qualify for the tax credit for some reason…we just took delivery of ours and I looked at the list….only the standard range premiums and selects are on the list…
Sponsored