Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
** UPDATE **
The replacement finally arrived last week and I took delivery yesterday (Nov. 12th). Happy to say that indeed it all worked out. The dealership was absolutely fabulous - I barely had to remind them about the original terms. In fact the salesman called me and we put together the new Bill of Sale together to make sure the numbers all added up - when the didn't he simply adjusted them.

No ADM, no pork fat add-ons, no hard sell on anything. Itv was weird :cool:

So shout-out to Erinwood Ford in Mississauga - you guys are amazing.

So after waiting patiently since October of last year for my 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD, she's finally here!

Except instead of going to the dealer to have the plastic seat covers gently removed, the exterior protective plastic wrap carefully peeled off, and getting a goodbye charge, she went straight to the body shop.

It seems at some point in her journey things at the rail yard got rough, rail cars collided, and Mach-Es were bent. Mine was the meat of the Mach-E sandwich - creating three very unhappy owners in the process.

Believe it or not the damage came in at just shy of CAD $20k - basically everything but the door panels have been damaged.

I have refused delivery.

So now the waiting begins again - a new order for a 2023 2022 with "high priority" has been placed, with the hopes of potentially snagging a like-for-like MY22 cancellation. The dealer says he's never seen that much damage to a car in transit. Yay! I love being first! Ford so far has been good about it, honouring the initial terms, but I'm still out a car.

Hard to tell from the pics, but lots of damage under the body work - the left headlamp alone is over $2k.

Gonna go cry for a bit now...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Damaged In Transit...To The Tune of $20k. ** UPDATE ** IMG_1893

Ford Mustang Mach-E Damaged In Transit...To The Tune of $20k. ** UPDATE ** IMG_1896

Last edited:

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
WOW... Just WOW...

I would have refused delivery too. That is just way too much damage for a new car and come to think of it the repair time might be just as long as it will be to get a new one.... I am so sorry to hear the story.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wow, what a bummer! Yeah, when I had a fender bender on my Premium, the lights were insane and hard to even get! Those took the longest to get out of all the parts. Are they going to honor price protection on your new order?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Wow, good luck getting a replacement shipped out, or the dealer finding you one at your initial terms. In some ways you might be better off getting a do-over than taking something out of the body shop.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Wow, what a bummer! Yeah, when I had a fender bender on my Premium, the lights were insane and hard to even get! Those took the longest to get out of all the parts. Are they going to honor price protection on your new order?
Yes, Ford will be honouring the initial terms of the 2022 order, price protected, same finance rate.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
So after waiting patiently since October of last year for my 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD, she's finally here!

Except instead of going to the dealer to have the plastic seat covers gently removed, the exterior protective plastic wrap carefully peeled off, and getting a goodbye charge, she went straight to the body shop.

It seems at some point in her journey things at the rail yard got rough, rail cars collided, and Mach-Es were bent. Mine was the meat of the Mach-E sandwich - creating three very unhappy owners in the process.

Believe it or not the damage came in at just shy of CAD $20k - basically everything but the door panels have been damaged.

I have refused delivery.

So now the waiting begins again - a new order for a 2023, high-priority, with the hopes of potentially snagging a like-for-like MY22 cancellation. The dealer says he's never seen that much damage to a car in transit. Yay! I love being first! Ford so far has been good about it, honouring the initial terms, but I'm still out a car.

Hard to tell from the pics, but lots of damage under the body work - the left headlamp alone is over $2k.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Damaged In Transit...To The Tune of $20k. ** UPDATE ** IMG_1896

Holy cow, I'm so so so sorry. Hang in there!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag

I have refused delivery.

So now the waiting begins again - a new order for a 2023, high-priority, with the hopes of potentially snagging a like-for-like MY22 cancellation. The dealer says he's never seen that much damage to a car in transit. Yay! I love being first! Ford so far has been good about it, honouring the initial terms, but I'm still out a car.

It's frustrating, but this stuff happens. I hope they can quicken the pace of a replacement.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The dealer says he's never seen that much damage to a car in transit.
Probably because if it were any worse Ford would have written it off at the accident site and it never would have made it to the dealer.

Sorry about your bad luck. Hopefully Ford will make it right soon!

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag

I have refused delivery.

Yes, I know it’s very frustrating but, you did the right thing by refusing delivery.

Look at it this way, outside of the rail yard incident, this happened for a reason.

Perhaps you’ll get a 2023 model with all of the current updates for the same price as the one that was damaged.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I have refused delivery.

At least your arrived! Been waiting since July of 2021 for my premium Mach e. Ford has dropped then all with the transport of their vehicles! Mine has been in transport since March and keeps missing the estimated delivery dates!!! Never will be buying a Ford vehicle again!!

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Probably because if it were any worse Ford would have written it off at the accident site and it never would have made it to the dealer.

Sorry about your bad luck. Hopefully Ford will make it right soon!
Apparently writing it off is still an option, but they wanted an estimate first...
Sponsored