Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yes, I know it’s very frustrating but, you did the right thing by refusing delivery.

Look at it this way, outside of the rail yard incident, this happened for a reason.

Perhaps you’ll get a 2023 model with all of the current updates for the same price as the one that was damaged.
Ford has agreed to honour 2022 pricing, as long as my new order is like-for-like, which it will be
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Apparently writing it off is still an option, but they wanted an estimate first...
I can’t picture the dealer selling a repaired MME as new. They should also refuse it.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
So after waiting patiently since October of last year for my 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD, she's finally here!

Except instead of going to the dealer to have the plastic seat covers gently removed, the exterior protective plastic wrap carefully peeled off, and getting a goodbye charge, she went straight to the body shop.

It seems at some point in her journey things at the rail yard got rough, rail cars collided, and Mach-Es were bent. Mine was the meat of the Mach-E sandwich - creating three very unhappy owners in the process.

Believe it or not the damage came in at just shy of CAD $20k - basically everything but the door panels have been damaged.

I have refused delivery.

So now the waiting begins again - a new order for a 2023, high-priority, with the hopes of potentially snagging a like-for-like MY22 cancellation. The dealer says he's never seen that much damage to a car in transit. Yay! I love being first! Ford so far has been good about it, honouring the initial terms, but I'm still out a car.

Hard to tell from the pics, but lots of damage under the body work - the left headlamp alone is over $2k.

Gonna go cry for a bit now...

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg
So sorry to hear that, and given that I'm still awaiting a delivery very shortly of my own Mach-E, it makes me even more anxious. Good luck! {Jonathan}

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
I just ordered on may 21,2022 a “2022”Premium AWD SR. I was quoted 6-8 months.. is FORD converting the year anytime soon or are you intentionally waiting for 2023? I was told mine will be a 2022 which will come late this year

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
I just ordered on may 21,2022 a “2022”Premium AWD SR. I was quoted 6-8 months.. is FORD converting the year anytime soon or are you intentionally waiting for 2023? I was told mine will be a 2022 which will come late this year
You can no longer order a 2022, so likely the OP is forced to wait until October with a high priority code so hopefully he gets his 2023 end of this year or early January.

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
You can no longer order a 2022, so likely the OP is forced to wait until October with a high priority code so hopefully he gets his 2023 end of this year or early January.
It might be different for Canada as Canada is still placing orders for 2022 confirmed by dealer when I had placed it but one can never be to sure… Current status is unscheduled-clean with priority 10 in processing. Hopefully OP gets 2023 as promised.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
It might be different for Canada as Canada is still placing orders for 2022 confirmed by dealer when I had placed it but one can never be to sure… Current status is unscheduled-clean with priority 10 in processing. Hopefully OP gets 2023 as promised.
I keep forgetting OP is in Canada, sorry about that. Just checked the Canada site, looks like you are right you can order a 2022. I wonder why the OP is opting to wait for a 2023 if there's still a chance to get a 2022 this year.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
I keep forgetting OP is in Canada, sorry about that. Just checked the Canada site, looks like you are right you can order a 2022. I wonder why the OP is opting to wait for a 2023 if there's still a chance to get a 2022 this year.
Well, he’s going to have to wait regardless so why not wait on the same vehicle as a 2023 model with all of the current and upcoming software updates already on board.

Plus, I’m sure he has another vehicle to drive until then.

Sounds like the perfect early / Christmas gift to me.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Well, he’s going to have to wait regardless so why not wait on the same vehicle as a 2023 model with all of the current and upcoming software updates already on board.

Plus, I’m sure he has another vehicle to drive until then.

Sounds like the perfect early / Christmas gift to me.
Honestly I'm not sure what ultimately will happen - dealer mentioned MY23 but if a MY22 can magically be expedited into my driveway I'll take it. If the wait time between a '22 and a '23 is only a few months (and likely winter months) then I'll wait.

And you're right, I'm lucky in that I don't *need* a car right now, so I'm OK waiting. And given there are people around the world with much much bigger problems than a bent Mach-E, I'm philosophical about it all.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Right now I have not opted for anything - it's possible the dealer meant to say MY22 - I have not spoken to him today. Want to get something from him in writing first and formalize the "what", then talk about the "how", be it a magically appearing '22 or waiting for a '23.

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
Right now I have not opted for anything - it's possible the dealer meant to say MY22 - I have not spoken to him today. Want to get something from him in writing first and formalize the "what", then talk about the "how", be it a magically appearing '22 or waiting for a '23.
I would recommend speaking to them if my instinct from my conversation from my dealer is correct then your in Que for 2022! He did say it possible my order will be converted to 2023 but he said unlikely as 2022 orders are still being accepted. Regardless let’s just get the damn car right! :)

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
** Update **

Dealer placed a new order for a MY22 and sent it directly to the District Manager. As long as the dealer can show we had a deal in place (we have signed paperwork & a deposit) they will honour the original deal & financing I had. So maybe a '23 would have been nice, but no guarantee what the build options will be, and for sure it would be a longer wait.

Order will be prioritised, so as much as it would suck for someone else if my order jumps the build queue, I'll be secretly OK with it. :cool:

And to top it off, the dealer sent me pics of two other Star White Premiums being delivered to customers today. In his defence he wanted me to see the colour and what it looks like without dents & scratches. But like rub it in why don't ya!

As for the original car, there is an outside chance the dealership may buy it, repair it, and use it as their test drive car. If that happens I'll be sure to pay her a visit.

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
** Update **

Dealer placed a new order for a MY22 and sent it directly to the District Manager. As long as the dealer can show we had a deal in place (we have signed paperwork & a deposit) they will honour the original deal & financing I had. So maybe a '23 would have been nice, but no guarantee what the build options will be, and for sure it would be a longer wait.

Order will be prioritised, so as much as it would suck for someone else if my order jumps the build queue, I'll be secretly OK with it. :cool:

And to top it off, the dealer sent me pics of two other Star White Premiums being delivered to customers today. In his defence he wanted me to see the colour and what it looks like without dents & scratches. But like rub it in why don't ya!

As for the original car, there is an outside chance the dealership may buy it, repair it, and use it as their test drive car. If that happens I'll be sure to pay her a visit.
When was the order officially placed for you in system? Did he give you a estimated time frame for delivery ? Congratulations!!! I will surely love to hear about your updates as they come!

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
When was the order officially placed for you in system? Did he give you a estimated time frame for delivery ? Congratulations!!! I will surely love to hear about your updates as they come!
Placed this afternoon - no ETA...so we'll see. Would be nice for the summer, but I'm in no hurry.

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
Placed this afternoon - no ETA...so we'll see. Would be nice for the summer, but I'm in no hurry.
Awesome hopefully you get your replacement asap! I’m thinking if all goes well we will start seeing delivery’s in August/ November. Best of luck!
Sponsored