Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I know we are not supposed to charge the battery to 100% but in my case I need to do that. My wife takes the car to visit my daughter and for her to make the round trip and have enough battery left to also take it for side trips up there I have to charge the car to 100%. I would say I do this for a minimum of once a week and a maximum of 2-3 times per week. I can’t get away from using the car for this and thus charging to 100% so what damage am I doing to the battery and will this affect its useful life? Our batteries are warrantied for 8 years so I think I would be covered if it had to be replaced but I don’t know if I would be affecting its performance.

I have to do this and I just want to know the consequences.
Just don't leave the battery at 100% that's when dendrites form. Is at higher voltage. It's more about the amount of time spent there what temperature the battery is at.
Sponsored

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just curious, why didn't you get an extended range battery so you wouldn't have to worry about it?
Not OP but in Quebec, the Premium doesn't qualify for any incentives. Because of that, there was a $23K price difference between a Select AWD with technology group and the Premium AWD extended range. That's the reason why there is more than 100 Mach-E Premium in stock right now near me, and not a single one Select available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Danger in Repeatedly Charging to 100% Screenshot_20211012-020244_Chrome

Last edited:

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
Not OP but in Quebec, the Premium doesn't qualify for any incentives. Because of that, there was a $23K price difference between a Select AWD with technology group and the Premium AWD extended range. That's the reason why there is more than 100 Mach-E Premium in stock right now near me, and not a single one Select available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Danger in Repeatedly Charging to 100% Screenshot_20211012-020244_Chrome
Fuck I wish it was like that in the states exact opposite