THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
LOVE our DMG! We've had it for three months. Almost 3,000 miles. Majority of the driving around town (SE Michigan). We put on a set of Perelli Scorpion Winter tires on our awesome looking GTPE factory wheels and will put the OEM summer tires back on it in the Spring. Our ChargePoint Flex home charger has operated seamlessly with the GTPE. We have made a few trips to Cleveland and Grand Rapids that required public fast chargers. Absolutely no problems with Electrify America and FREE charges (OH turnpike) or ChargePoint (Meijer grocery store parking lot). It has been so much fun for us and entertaining passengers with the crazy torque! Hands down the best seats I have had (former Vette and BMW owner), perfect head rest position and the shoulder support is excellent! Heated seats and steering wheel perform great. We have used the FRUNK once!
One issue we've had on occasion is the Apple CarPlay sync with our phone Google Maps. The GTPE screen is blank. The only fix/reboot we have found effective so far is restarting the GTPE. Sound system is just okay, but we have noticed the sound is better when listening through CarPlay than with Sirius. Power rear hatch activation should have a good old button for ONE step operation! Would like to have heads up display - maybe in the 2023 model year?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
LOVE our DMG! We've had it for three months. Almost 3,000 miles. Majority of the driving around town (SE Michigan). We put on a set of Perelli Scorpion Winter tires on our awesome looking GTPE factory wheels and will put the OEM summer tires back on it in the Spring. Our ChargePoint Flex home charger has operated seamlessly with the GTPE. We have made a few trips to Cleveland and Grand Rapids that required public fast chargers. Absolutely no problems with Electrify America and FREE charges (OH turnpike) or ChargePoint (Meijer grocery store parking lot). It has been so much fun for us and entertaining passengers with the crazy torque! Hands down the best seats I have had (former Vette and BMW owner), perfect head rest position and the shoulder support is excellent! Heated seats and steering wheel perform great. We have used the FRUNK once!
One issue we've had on occasion is the Apple CarPlay sync with our phone Google Maps. The GTPE screen is blank. The only fix/reboot we have found effective so far is restarting the GTPE. Sound system is just okay, but we have noticed the sound is better when listening through CarPlay than with Sirius. Power rear hatch activation should have a good old button for ONE step operation! Would like to have heads up display - maybe in the 2023 model year?
Great to hear! Have you tried the reboot of just the screen when that blanks out on you? (Hold volume down and next track buttons on steering wheel). If that works, it's better than having to restart the car!

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Great to hear! Have you tried the reboot of just the screen when that blanks out on you? (Hold volume down and next track buttons on steering wheel). If that works, it's better than having to restart the car!
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it IF there is a next time!

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I’m excited to get my DMG (Premium SR AWD) partially wrapped and fully ceramic coated next week. Also debadging the sides and installing the @oadesign GT grille wrap.

I’ll send finished product photos from the shop, before I drive back out into winter…. Cheers, all.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Joining the thread. Ordered a DMG CA RT1 on Dec 5… hopefully I’ll be posting pictures in May or June. This is one my dealer had that sold me on the color

E651DCB8-77AA-4634-AD86-51A19B991BDF.jpeg
Not a ton of traffic on this thread but it’s by far the happiest. Probably because we all know that we have the best color…

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I didn't even know there was a DMG club!
Premium AWD SR
Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 20211207_142300
Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 20211211_122835

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I didn't even know there was a DMG club!
Premium AWD SR
We should all shoot to post at least one glamo(u)r shot - you’re welcome, ?? - daily, so the thread shows up on the digest and more folks like you can find us! ?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ok sooo -

I'm just wondering what some of you think of DMG from afar. I realize it's dangerous posting this in the DMG "love" thread. There's plenty of pictures of my vehicle in here so don't take this the wrong way.

From afar the DMG, looks to me, like it has a purplish brown hue, which I'm not super fond of. Once you get up close it's the DMG I like. In the dark or under cloud cover it takes on shades of black which are nice. But, I'm not a fan of DMG on a bright sunny day from afar. Anyone else agree or notice the different hue the car takes on?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok sooo -

I'm just wondering what some of you think of DMG from afar. I realize it's dangerous posting this in the DMG "love" thread. There's plenty of pictures of my vehicle in here so don't take this the wrong way.

From afar the DMG, looks to me, like it has a purplish brown hue, which I'm not super fond of. Once you get up close it's the DMG I like. In the dark or under cloud cover it takes on shades of black which are nice. But, I'm not a fan of DMG on a bright sunny day from afar. Anyone else agree or notice the different hue the car takes on?
I had a dark gray Porsche Macan and sometimes it looked a beautiful dark gray and other times it looked almost brown , depending on the lighting.

I ordered the DMG MME and from what I read here, I might be getting the same thing
Sponsored