John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since Infinite Blue is no more, I had the dealer update my order today to Dark Matter Gray. I can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully it will be here before Christmas.
Kinda in the same boat here. Ordered a GT last week in Dark Matter Gray. If it gets here before Christmas, I'll be most happy...
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Kinda in the same boat here. Ordered a GT last week in Dark Matter Gray. If it gets here before Christmas, I'll be most happy...
It’s good to have reasonable expectations.

brownsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
I am a bit confused as earlier posts say this color is only for the GT models. I just ordered a Premium in this color. Did they recently expand it to the non-GT models?

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
I am a bit confused as earlier posts say this color is only for the GT models. I just ordered a Premium in this color. Did they recently expand it to the non-GT models?
Originally it was announced that Dark Matter Gray was a GT only color and then Ford for one reason or another discontinued Carbonized Gray and opened up Dark Matter Gray to non-GT models.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Originally it was announced that Dark Matter Gray was a GT only color and then Ford for one reason or another discontinued Carbonized Gray and opened up Dark Matter Gray to non-GT models.
There’s a problem obtaining the pigment for infinite blue and carbonized grey. There was a fire in a paint plant in Japan somewhat recently. That may, or may not, be related to the shortages.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This the color I ordered on my Premium also.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
This is the color I ordered, but from the pictures, I'm worried it's going to be a little too dark. I don't like black. I liked the Carbonized Gray a lot, but it wasn't an option anymore.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
This is the color I ordered, but from the pictures, I'm worried it's going to be a little too dark. I don't like black. I liked the Carbonized Gray a lot, but it wasn't an option anymore.
My Wife just canceled an order for one. Due to be built this week.

dkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE on order
Country flag
Really liked the Carbonized Gray too, but was discontinued just before we ordered, so went with Silver. Saw a Silver Premium a a few days ago and just wasn't feeling it, it was a cloudy day though. The new Bronco and F150 can still be ordered in Carbonized Gray so I'm not buying limited availability excuse.

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy, Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Country flag
Bumping this, to see if anyone has updates or better yet pics.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Really liked the Carbonized Gray too, but was discontinued just before we ordered, so went with Silver. Saw a Silver Premium a a few days ago and just wasn't feeling it, it was a cloudy day though. The new Bronco and F150 can still be ordered in Carbonized Gray so I'm not buying limited availability excuse.
We compared a silver one to carbonized grey side by side. Both colors have the metal flake shine that pops in the sun light!! We decided to go with CG but iconic silver was a very close 2nd choice!

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
As of this week, my plan is to order a GT in Dark Matter Gray sometime around the beginning of 2022. I wanted Infinite Blue, but don't like Grabber Blue, and Rapid Red would make me feel too much like I was having a midlife crisis. I'm not much for black or white, and already own 2 other silver Fords, so silver was out. To me, Dark Matter Gray gives off a bit of a stealth vibe, which I appreciate.

I'm still hoping that Ford will find a workable darker blue option by the time I order, but if not, I'll be a member of the Dark Matter Gray club, hopefully, by next summer. {Jonathan}

21MachEGT

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E GT, '11 Mustang GT, `14 Jaguar F Type
Country flag
I am still waiting to see an outdoor picture of DMG, not sure its any condolence but my GT-PE in DMG is on a train headed to the west coast with a delivery ETA of 9/6. It would be nice to see some pictures before it comes it but it might be the first time i see DMG in real world conditions.
Sponsored