wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Picked up my ordered Mach e GT at Folsom Lake Ford in California - great experience - Did the options plan, so had total of $4000.00 in deductions from the honored MSRP of $64,000.00 - not counting the $7500.00 federal tax credit. Unfortunately its been raining constantly since last evening and scheduled to continue uninterrupted for rest of today and most of Monday. Only picture I got was a quick shot at the dealership. Car scares me a bit its so fast - it always feels like its ready for action. Have only driven it 35 miles since I got it - but now asking my wife for a list of "essential" errands that she needs me to run - trying to find any excuse to got out and drive it. So much I want to try out on the car. PAAK is now set up - as you are probably aware the new Mach e's come with two FOBs - but they missed placed one of them but will get it to me tomorrow or give me a new one. For those of you who live in California, are you having them put on. the front license plate holder?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach e GT picked up yesterday IMG_2428

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach e GT picked up yesterday IMG_2421 (1)

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy. Loving our SB GT.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Awesome! I hope you have many years enjoying that ride. Congrats!

Rakka

First Name
Gurprit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mach E Premium, Explorer
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That looks really good. I am debating the front license plate as well. I ordered a dark matter grey. Question - in the picture the car looks more black then dark matter gray. Is it the picture or is the car that black?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That looks really good. I am debating the front license plate as well. I ordered a dark matter grey. Question - in the picture the car looks more black then dark matter gray. Is it the picture or is the car that black?
Gurprit:

Thanks - as for the license plate:

California VC section 5200: "When two license plates are issued by the department for a
vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were
issued, one in the front and the other in the rear. When one license
plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the
rear thereof."

So because California will send us two plates, we're supposed to attach both. The dealer will install the front plate tomorrow - I've decided I don't want to have to worry about being pulled over for some other reason (a GT going a little too fast...?) and then have the ticket include a violation of section 5200.

As for the color, I would best describe it as a near black. At first I was not happy about this - even when I first saw the car. But I am really starting to enjoy it - a lot. Hard to get a good shot of the metallic paint in this weather. Will post more pics in next couple of days when the sun is out.

Wade

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Gurprit:

Thanks - as for the license plate:

California VC section 5200: "When two license plates are issued by the department for a
vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were
issued, one in the front and the other in the rear. When one license
plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the
rear thereof."

So because California will send us two plates, we're supposed to attach both. The dealer will install the front plate tomorrow - I've decided I don't want to have to worry about being pulled over for some other reason (a GT going a little too fast...?) and then have the ticket include a violation of section 5200.

As for the color, I would best describe it as a near black. At first I was not happy about this - even when I first saw the car. But I am really starting to enjoy it - a lot. Hard to get a good shot of the metallic paint in this weather. Will post more pics in next couple of days when the sun is out.

Wade
Picked up my ordered Mach e GT at Folsom Lake Ford in California - great experience - Did the options plan, so had total of $4000.00 in deductions from the honored MSRP of $64,000.00 - not counting the $7500.00 federal tax credit. Unfortunately its been raining constantly since last evening and scheduled to continue uninterrupted for rest of today and most of Monday. Only picture I got was a quick shot at the dealership. Car scares me a bit its so fast - it always feels like its ready for action. Have only driven it 35 miles since I got it - but now asking my wife for a list of "essential" errands that she needs me to run - trying to find any excuse to got out and drive it. So much I want to try out on the car. PAAK is now set up - as you are probably aware the new Mach e's come with two FOBs - but they missed placed one of them but will get it to me tomorrow or give me a new one. For those of you who live in California, are you having them put on. the front license plate holder?

Love the color and the car! Thanks for sharing.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
This is the exact car I have coming next week (hopefully). That pic looks pure black though. lol

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For those of you who live in California, are you having them put on. the front license plate holder?
I never run with a front license plate. I know it is illegal in CA but I have a problem attaching an ugly plate to a front bumper that has no specific spot or cutout for one like the rear of most vehicles have. It would certainly ruin the look on the front of my GT500 and don't think it would make the Mach-E any more attractive either. In 51 years of driving in CA, I have never gotten a citation for this however I am fully prepared to pay for one if I get pulled over no matter how many times it may happen.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the exact car I have coming next week (hopefully). That pic looks pure black though. lol
DC - yes it is much closer to black than not - but it really looks good - like I noted, I was worried that it would not look good. I was wrong - even my wife who does not like black cars likes this color. Just got a call from the dealer that they found my second key - nice excuse to take a drive.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was planning to not put the front plate personally.

I thought it was mostly an issue in citys where they want to give you a parking ticket so you see a lot of people just put it on their front dash or something in downtown.

I think it does look worst with the front plate too.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
In about 20 years in NorCal, I've only gotten 1 front plate ticket, and it was a parking ticket in downtown Palo Alto where I had to put on a front pate, and go down to the police station and have them see that I "fixed it" and pay some money.

Then I took off the front plate, and haven't parked on the street in downtown Palo Alto ever since.

If you're getting a ticket for no front plate as a moving violation, that's probably a cop's "side dish" to a much more expensive ticket for something else that you'll already be getting regardless anyhow. (At least this is the way I'm rationalizing not putting on a front plate for now, but I've never had a car that is this BRIGHT ORANGE YELLOW before).

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
It's a fix-it ticket. I've never had one either and I specifically asked my dealer not to attach the front plate holder. If I ever get a fix-it ticket, I would attach it with double-stick tape and then remove it afterward. I have a front plate on my truck but I hate them on anything sporty.
Sponsored