mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Guess I am glad the ordering bank didn't open today. Get a few more days to mull it over on the color choices.
Sponsored

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Now I'm torn. I thought I wanted something darker than Carbonized Grey, but now I'm not sure if this is too dark (or, maybe I just got used to the Carbonized Grey). It's hard to decide without seeing these in person! Either way, we'll see if this even ends up available on the Premium - if not, it's a moot point.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now I'm torn. I thought I wanted something darker than Carbonized Grey, but now I'm not sure if this is too dark (or, maybe I just got used to the Carbonized Grey). It's hard to decide without seeing these in person! Either way, we'll see if this even ends up available on the Premium - if not, it's a moot point.
They already have rendering of it with the gloss black wheel trim. My guess is that it will be available for the Premium trim. But your right, Ford can change everything up until the ordering starts.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Guess I am glad the ordering bank didn't open today. Get a few more days to mull it over on the color choices.
Even if it had opened today, you wouldn't have to order today.

Are you saying it's like putting a chocolate bar in front of you and saying to wait a week to eat it? ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Probably the best gray option...but I will stick with Space White!

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I have always loved Magnetic, and chose it for my 2015 Fusion and my 2019 Escape. I'm seriously going to reconsider Dark Matter Gray over Infinite Blue. I see the darker hue over the Carbonized Gray and like it much more.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Even if it had opened today, you wouldn't have to order today.

Are you saying it's like putting a chocolate bar in front of you and saying to wait a week to eat it? ?
More like I was told I can eat one bar of chocolate and made up my mind for the 70% cocoa but now they offer one with 80% cocoa. If I ate first, then found out they have the new flavor, I may doubt myself.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It doesn't seem to be a configurator update error because it clearly is a non-GT rendering. However, it is very odd that they would add this color option to non-GTs, not only because it's not what was previously announced, but Ford just sent out the MME order guide to all dealers with all of the paint code and color combinations... without any mention of the dark matter.
If this is true, talk about a last minute audible change!

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach-E now available in reservation configurator darkmattergt.PNG

It looks so good on the GT... now I'm torn.
A or B?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach-E now available in reservation configurator cyberorangegt.PNG

Shit.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
You're allowed up to two reservations. Take both.

They'll look even better side by side in your driveway
I have 2 reservations already. 1 premium (early reservation, but changed my mind and hoping to upgrade to GT when order bank opens) and 1 GT which I actually reserved today JUST IN CASE I can't convert my early reservation to a GT. Either way, I'll be getting a GT.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have 2 reservations already. 1 premium (early reservation, but changed my mind and hoping to upgrade to GT when order bank opens) and 1 GT which I actually reserved today JUST IN CASE I can't convert my early reservation to a GT. Either way, I'll be getting a GT.
That's actually a brilliant strategy.

I have two reservations, also. I first reserved Select and then a few days later convinced myself that Premium is "worth it." I'll probably get Premium. I called the Mach-E marketing number several months ago. The woman I spoke with assured me that we'll be able to change all the reservation details while ordering (except for switching over to First Edition). But, I've been keeping both reservations anyway until after my order's placed, just in case.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is it just me or does the Dark Matter Gray Metallic look SUPER close to the Carbonized Gray? Guess you have to see them in person. Realizing that Dark Matter is a metallic paint and the Carbonized isn't. The Dark Matter is maybe a bit darker but wow does it seem close.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach-E now available in reservation configurator cyberorangegt.PNG

Janet Seymour and Brittany Moss really love grays.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm sorry but 1 "true" color, 6 grayscale and one marginally-not grayscale blue is absolutely RIDICULOUS. No greens, no real blue other than the limited edition grabber blue, no browns, no bright colors (again other than the GT orange) - it's as if somebody who's colorblind is picking the palette.

Thank god I like the red.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I see now. The GT is down below. If you just click the reserve link at the top of the page it's not there. If you scroll down and click through the cars the GT is there.

looks more like Mustard Yellow on that image ?