Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Is it just me or does the Dark Matter Gray Metallic look SUPER close to the Carbonized Gray? Guess you have to see them in person. Realizing that Dark Matter is a metallic paint and the Carbonized isn't. The Dark Matter is maybe a bit darker but wow does it seem close.

1593218125656.png

1593218106871.png
Yeah, they’re close... DMG seems to have more warmth than CG. I’ll definitely get the GT in DMG... then black out the rims ?

Last edited:

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
darkmattergt.PNG

It looks so good on the GT... now I'm torn.
A or B?
cyberorangegt.PNG

Shit.
I wonder whey the wheel arches are still black in the DMG colour options on the GT??

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
BTW, the Ford UK sight seems to be having all sorts of issues. When I log into my account and click to view my pre-order, it takes me to the configurator. Something might be afoot.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Dang it. The order bank for Premium doesn't have the Dark Matter Gray as a option.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
Guys, a confidence this morning, I really don't like the front of the MME except the one of the GT which is over my budget :(
So when I will get my MME I will put a black 3D vinyl on the surface around the pony, same than the GT. It would be super with the new Dark Matter Gray :cool:

bjmsam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Toyota Rav4 V6, '10 Infiniti G37xS, Mach-E GT reserved
Country flag
I just received this Email about my Carbonized GT reservation:
Retail Orders said:
Ford recently updated the Mustang Mach-E GT exterior color choices. Your current reservation color is no longer offered and we have modified your reservation to a similar color. Please be assured that when it's time to place your final order, you can select the color of your choice.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-404-4977 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.
Reservation Information:

YOUR NEW COLOR:
Iconic Silver
Is Dark Matter Gray Metallic not more similar?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Is Dark Matter Gray Metallic not more similar?
But it looks like DM has been dropped as an option on the configurator for the non-GTs. Has anyone been able to order a DM MME?

Also, it's weird that they'd drop Carbonized Grey this late, when they'd already made that change on the GT many months ago.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
But it looks like DM has been dropped as an option on the configurator for the non-GTs. Has anyone been able to order a DM MME?

Also, it's weird that they'd drop Carbonized Grey this late, when they'd already made that change on the GT many months ago.
It was not an option when I switched my order color on my Premium.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach-E now available in reservation configurator 1593265016684

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm sorry but 1 "true" color, 6 grayscale and one marginally-not grayscale blue is absolutely RIDICULOUS. No greens, no real blue other than the limited edition grabber blue, no browns, no bright colors (again other than the GT orange) - it's as if somebody who's colorblind is picking the palette.

Thank god I like the red.
This is specially sad when you read the press release about the addition of orange to the GT colors. Ford goes on and on about how important distinct colors are to the Mustang driver and culture... as if they are offering a color palette that is anything more exciting than what you'd find on a BMW 3-series.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Its a nice dark gray, but ehh, kinda like every other millions of dark gray metallic suv's.. I think I prefer the colors that highlight the black contrasting parts of the car.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If it is close to magnetic and as other has said just renamed or tweaked then it is dark but not super dark, I do like magnetic as it has loads of sparkle in sun. Problem is that without being able to see a paint example it is hard to tell, even on a color calibrated monitor I wouldn't trust the colors on the configurator but the dark matter does appear darker than if you select magnetic on an escape, so it could be just a tad darker than magnetic.

The cyber orange in the configurator appears very similar to the orange fury on the euro focus st, which in turn appeared to be very similar to same named orange fury that was on the mustang and has now been replace by twister orange. With the bronco also getting cyber orange, hopefully when that get revealed it will one of the colors chosen so people will be able to see it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Dark matter could be a good sleeper color for the GT. Need to see some actual build pics with it though. Guess that will be a while.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
First real photo. @Administrator: Looks like it's time for a Dark Matter Club thread.
from
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dark Matter Gray Mach-E now available in reservation configurator Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 9.17.07 PM
Sponsored