Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
I got the chance to interview Darren Palmer, Global Product Development Director for battery electric Ford and Lincoln vehicles worldwide, at the european Mach-E reveal event in London. As promised I wanted to share with you guys the full interview.

He shared really interesting insights into the development of the Mach-E, why it is called a Mustang and also what models we can expect in the future.

He also answered a few questions about an upcoming Hybrid Mustang and the future of the V8.

Some informations from the video:
  • Mach-E GT will launch in Europe in 2021
  • EU model will have different rear light setup
  • Shelby Mach-E could be a thing, when enough customers want it
  • Hybrid Mustang would be an easy thing since they already have the ecoboost engine in the Mustang. At some point all petrol engines will become Hybrids.
  • V8 will not die in the future, but could be exclusive to special vehicles like Shelby models.

Sorry for all the background noise, but it was pretty crowded there ?

Sponsored

Last edited:

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Very nice!
Thanks for posting.
Any interview time with Mr. Palmer is time well spent. He always gives a good interviews and does a great job of answering questions well. He answers but doesn't double-speak too much like a politician would.
He's a good Front Man for this platform.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
modernmusclecars.de
Vehicles
2018 Camaro 2SS
Country flag
Absolutely, I really felt that he was trying to give honest aswers as much as he is allowed and not just giving everyone the same pr speak.

AceSpades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Absolutely, I really felt that he was trying to give honest aswers as much as he is allowed and not just giving everyone the same pr speak.
Good video ?

A few things that stood out to me.

- Interesting how Team Edison was created as a start up. You forget how the legacy carmakers have to build the infrastructure and EV teams from the ground up basically.

- Didn't Ford already confirm a Shelby Mach-E will be made? Are they walking this back, still being considered, or is this an official program already?

- I couldn't tell but when he was discussing hybrid in the Mustang (the coupe) were his comments specifically about Europe or everywhere?
Sponsored