Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
How it started:

Darren Palmer: "The days of surprise flat 12V battery are consigned to history!!!

How it's going:

Dead 12V battery

Deep Sleep Mode - Drained 12V battery
This is really the finest use of the internet. Now if I could just find the right meme.... I feel like I vaguely recall a movie scene or two about "the days of ____ are over" but this is the closest I could get. There must be others.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Darren Palmer talks Mach-E 12V battery and first OTA software update {filename}

(And we all know how things ended for poor Jonas...)

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I must be missing something here - If the 12V battery is maintained by the HV battery - suppose the HV battery goes dead for whatever reason, then the 12V battery goes dead. Why not just plug the car into a charger? Won't that start charging the HV battery, thus charging the 12V battery?
Yes. This feature goes a long way back to the Toyota hybrid system that Ford pays/paid a royalty for when selling the Escape and CMax hybrid.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes. This feature goes a long way back to the Toyota hybrid system that Ford pays/paid a royalty for when selling the Escape and CMax hybrid.
I think the LVB has to be alive to sense the charger and connect it to the HVB.

When my LVB died I tried connecting my home EVSE to the Mach E. No lights, no action.
Sponsored