PMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I've gone through the spreadsheet on the mache forum and done some datacrunching of the numbers that are listed there. Off the 1000+ orders that they are tracking, only about half have updated their information with their build dates or delivery dates. Using this data, I've pulled the average for the expected wait time for your car. NOTE: This does not account for the supply shortage that Ford seems to be having that is pushing out current deliveries and is just based on data provided for people who have at least gotten a build date, or a delivery date. I've also looked at the data after February 1st as this is when people started receiving their orders so new orders would actually be represented in the data and old orders that had to wait just for Ford to start producing the car don't affect the average.
  1. Overall average between Order date and EST Build date is about 148 day for all orders, and 100 days for orders after February 1st.
  2. The Average between the Order date and the ACTUAL build date was 164 for all order and 88 for new orders.
  3. Days between order and EST delivery is about 202 for all orders and 132 for Orders after February 1st
  4. Average for Order date and Actual Delivery date was 209 for all and 99 for new orders
  5. Average between EST build date and EST Delivery date is about 54 days for all order and 46 days for new orders
  6. Lastly Average between actual build date and actual delivery date is 45 days for all orders and 42 days for new orders
The main issue with this data is that this is incomplete data. A lot of people who had estimated build dates back in January have not put in any other information, so we are only able to look at estimates. Additionally their is only data for 96 people who have actually received their car, so the data is also very lacking there.

If you're interested in looking at the data yourself, you can find the spreadsheet at here. If you want to edit the date yourself or adjust any of the data, just make a copy of the spreadsheet.
Sponsored

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
I've gone through the spreadsheet on the mache forum and done some datacrunching of the numbers that are listed there. Off the 1000+ orders that they are tracking, only about half have updated their information with their build dates or delivery dates. Using this data, I've pulled the average for the expected wait time for your car. NOTE: This does not account for the supply shortage that Ford seems to be having that is pushing out current deliveries and is just based on data provided for people who have at least gotten a build date, or a delivery date. I've also looked at the data after February 1st as this is when people started receiving their orders so new orders would actually be represented in the data and old orders that had to wait just for Ford to start producing the car don't affect the average.
  1. Overall average between Order date and EST Build date is about 148 day for all orders, and 100 days for orders after February 1st.
  2. The Average between the Order date and the ACTUAL build date was 164 for all order and 88 for new orders.
  3. Days between order and EST delivery is about 202 for all orders and 132 for Orders after February 1st
  4. Average for Order date and Actual Delivery date was 209 for all and 99 for new orders
  5. Average between EST build date and EST Delivery date is about 54 days for all order and 46 days for new orders
  6. Lastly Average between actual build date and actual delivery date is 45 days for all orders and 42 days for new orders
The main issue with this data is that this is incomplete data. A lot of people who had estimated build dates back in January have not put in any other information, so we are only able to look at estimates. Additionally their is only data for 96 people who have actually received their car, so the data is also very lacking there.

If you're interested in looking at the data yourself, you can find the spreadsheet at here. If you want to edit the date yourself or adjust any of the data, just make a copy of the spreadsheet.
This is actually great news for those of us who just ordered (5/18) and haven't gotten a build date yet, but it seems there is so much variability (supposedly depending on dealer quota) that in addition to the average, the standard deviation of the new orders would also be very helpful info. I may take a shot at that from your spreadsheet. Thanks!

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as Shberry as well (5/19). Was curious regarding #1. What about receiving an email from Ford with an EST build date from the initial order date?

OP
OP

PMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That isn't tracked on the spreadsheet, but in my experience, it was a little over a month, though when I was talking with my dealer (purchased it in-store cause they have 0% upcharge), he said that they do orders in batches, so it's probably around the last week of the month when they do the order batches and probably take orders probably up to that.

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
This is actually great news for those of us who just ordered (5/18) and haven't gotten a build date yet, but it seems there is so much variability (supposedly depending on dealer quota) that in addition to the average, the standard deviation of the new orders would also be very helpful info. I may take a shot at that from your spreadsheet. Thanks!
So it was a little painful to calculate standard deviation since I couldn't edit the spreadsheet, so I Copy/Pasted and then calculated. Anyway, sample standard deviation is only 8.24 with the average of 99, so that's good! Means plus/minus one standard deviation for orders placed after 2/1/2021 is the range 90-108 days. Good stuff!

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
So it was a little painful to calculate standard deviation since I couldn't edit the spreadsheet, so I Copy/Pasted and then calculated. Anyway, sample standard deviation is only 8.24 with the average of 99, so that's good! Means plus/minus one standard deviation for orders placed after 2/1/2021 is the range 90-108 days. Good stuff!
On the other hand, there are only 6 cases of orders placed since 2/1/21 that have delivered. I suppose that some of these have been delivered and the new owners are so happy that they've forgotten about all the rest of us in Limbo and haven't updated their results BUT it's also probably true that many of them just haven't been delivered. So of the 43 that were ordered in 2/21 only 1 shows as delivered. That means that any that get delivered in July will have an average of around 150 days and obviously those that don't will be longer. o_O Not good.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
yea, I've got a premium ordered on 4/8/2021 with not even so much as a build date yet and a MME GTPE confirmed on the 4/28 without so much as a peep either. I'm on the verge of frustration. I've seen order numbers post BOTH of those getting build dates and cant get a single soul to tell me why that is.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On the other hand, there are only 6 cases of orders placed since 2/1/21 that have delivered. I suppose that some of these have been delivered and the new owners are so happy that they've forgotten about all the rest of us in Limbo and haven't updated their results BUT it's also probably true that many of them just haven't been delivered. So of the 43 that were ordered in 2/21 only 1 shows as delivered. That means that any that get delivered in July will have an average of around 150 days and obviously those that don't will be longer. o_O Not good.
I ordered 2/5 mine was built 6/21 and scheduled for delivery last week of July first few days of Aug.

salt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x3
Country flag
There's another thread of us that have build dates that are trying to track build date to delivery. Some of the people are waiting about 2-3 weeks once the vehicle hits Kansas City. One user said the vehicle moved 70-80 miles a day on average after Kansas City (they were using a dealer Vehicle Visibility Report)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/time-line-of-my-order.7296/

This data will be a lot more useful in the next month. Here are my details:

2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER

Order 1/26/21
Dealer Approved 1/27/21
Build Week 6/7/21
Build Day 6/11/21
Ship to Kansas City Southern 6/15/21
Arrive in Kansas City 6/25/21
Destination: NORFOLK SOUTHERN (VOLTZ)
Dealership ETA July 12-18

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
yea, I've got a premium ordered on 4/8/2021 with not even so much as a build date yet and a MME GTPE confirmed on the 4/28 without so much as a peep either. I'm on the verge of frustration. I've seen order numbers post BOTH of those getting build dates and cant get a single soul to tell me why that is.
This may have to do with whether you’ve ordered standard range vs extended range, AWD vs RWD, select vs premium, etc. it’s frustrating to hear your dates since my dealer confirmed my order on 4/27, yet I’ve heard nothing.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I’d be interested in another datapoint based on reservation to order to received a build date (I know that isn’t calculated) to actual build date to delivery. The whole process.
This is great info though.
I’m officially 264 days since I reserved and 66 days since my order was accepted. No build date yet

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I’d be interested in another datapoint based on reservation to order to received a build date (I know that isn’t calculated) to actual build date to delivery. The whole process.
This is great info though.
I’m officially 264 days since I reserved and 66 days since my order was accepted. No build date yet
Ouch !

Jordan H

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
This may have to do with whether you’ve ordered standard range vs extended range, AWD vs RWD, select vs premium, etc. it’s frustrating to hear your dates since my dealer confirmed my order on 4/27, yet I’ve heard nothing.
Guys, I'll see your April 28 and raise you a March 10, still without a build date. At this point I'm starting to look for alternatives as it's looking highly unlikely I'll get this thing by September when my lease is up.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
Guys, I'll see your April 28 and raise you a March 10, still without a build date. At this point I'm starting to look for alternatives as it's looking highly unlikely I'll get this thing by September when my lease is up.
what did you order spec wise?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does all this make my FE trade-in more valuable when my GT arrives?
Sponsored