DC charging post HVBJB software update

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone notice any change to DCFC speed after the update? Im still on fence in getting it if it might slow down DCFC.
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here. So far no rush on the update until I know more about any changes to my car other than the changed shutdown. Ford has to do better than this. If I was charged extra for more power and that power is causing recalls to change the car, we deserve a refund for the extra we payed.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Has anyone notice any change to DCFC speed after the update? Im still on fence in getting it if it might slow down DCFC.
No, this is becoming a myth. DCFC speed is not reduced after the recall software updates. Others have tested it and there's no difference. If anything it might actually improve your DCFC speed if you haven't gotten the charge curve update yet.

The limitations only kick in when a fault is detected and you'll get a "service vehicle soon". This is only happening in a handful of vehicles. 99% of people will notice zero difference in performance after the recall updates. If you get an error message after the update your HVBJB was already toast and the new software is finally seeing it for the first time.

Machmitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e
Country flag
I received update 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2 on July 17. DC fast charger now caps out at only 30kw! Big disappointment! I have a 2023 Route 1 with extended battery. Fortunately I have a level 2 charger at home.
Sponsored