Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I am struggling with similar problem. CCS Charging cable has been stuck in MME since 31/10/2022. Ford assistance tried everything to get it released without any luck, the emergency release cable also came out itself( broke off). Ford or Ford assistance could not help so far to release.
MME stayed at the same charger for three and half weeks, with the cable still in stuck in MME.
Yesterday 25/11/2022, after almost four weeks of trying to get the cable released , the charging station company removed their charging cable from the charger itself.
The car has now been towed with the CCS cable in the charge port to ford dealer. So far I understand from ford Netherlands that my car was the first one where they have seen such an problem and as such they have no solution to this problem from their technical department.
I am yet to hear from the dealer about the solution and time line.

I have this MME since June 2021, driven 40000
km with it without any issue but now struggling to get this pony untied.
What is ford waiting for? Cut off the charger plug and replace the connector on the vehicle.

Btw Iā€™m pretty sure those charging stations have safety disconnect somewhere near by if you ever have to cut yourself free šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Can I apply this to the EA plug or any plug for that matter if I see something like this or on my charge port?

And like I read q tip swab to work it in. Maybe a shop cloth to dry it off.

Probably good to have in the car kit.
It comes in a spray canā€¦ you only need a small spritz. Please donā€™t put anything in the charge cable like a Qtip.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
It comes in a spray canā€¦ you only need a small spritz. Please donā€™t put anything in the charge cable like a Qtip.
Oh gotcha. Probably the material of the q tip will probably stick to the connectors. Just spray a little and forget or spray compressed air after to blow off any liquid.

Wire brush is probably a better idea.

So to answer my question yes it's ok to spray a little to the connectors on the plug and plug in wet with the spray?

Last edited:

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
All of these posts about spraying stuff into an 400/800 volt direct current charger are not the wisest. Check for debris or a damaged contact, and connect. Report any abnormalities to the number on the charger. Clean (ungunked) contacts won't collect dirt, moisture, or other impurities the same way any dilectric grease or other lubricant will.

Regarding DC current, when it arcs, it really arcs!

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of these posts about spraying stuff into an 400/800 volt direct current charger are not the wisest. Check for debris or a damaged contact, and connect. Report any abnormalities to the number on the charger. Clean (ungunked) contacts won't collect dirt, moisture, or pther impurities the same way any dilectric grease or other lubricant will.

So I check my home charger or my car connector and there is debris such that I can not connect who am I going to call?

I would use a q-tip no problem around the housing and it could be saturated with mineral sprits I guess since it is the main part of deoxit. I have only used dielectric greases on automobiles so the info was good.

DonnieJ

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Occupation
U.S. Soldier
Country flag
I cant lie this on top of the other issues I'm reading about has me HIGHLY considering not taking my order. Especially since the price increases. Decisions decisions

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I cant lie this on top of the other issues I'm reading about has me HIGHLY considering not taking my order. Especially since the price increases. Decisions decisions
If the highly improbable likelihood of a DCFC plug welding to your carā€™s receptacle bothers you that much, then your probably need to reconsider buying an ev and stick to ice vehicles.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT
Country flag
This is like being worried to fill your car up with gas because static shock will set you on fire, itā€™s a non issue for 99.999% off occurrences.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
All of these posts about spraying stuff into an 400/800 volt direct current charger are not the wisest. Check for debris or a damaged contact, and connect. Report any abnormalities to the number on the charger. Clean (ungunked) contacts won't collect dirt, moisture, or pther impurities the same way any dilectric grease or other lubricant will.

Yeah people should not be spraying anything. It'll quickly devolve into morons spraying WD-40 and who knows what else. Even the electronics focused cleaners are probably not rated for high voltage connections.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yellow card for promoting the opposing team. ;)
Not at all. The person who made the comment is one of a couple recently who somehow expect everything about electric vehicles to be perfect. Theyā€™re not, neither are gas/petrol cars or stations. Stick with what you know if youā€™re that nervous.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford has hundreds of thousands of EVā€™S on the road and this is the first I heard of an issue like this. There are some things to be aware of obviously but nothing too serious like the HVBJB issue on cars built before May. Other major issues could arise but overall very good so far and just think ā€œno more stops at the gas station.ā€

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium, 2005 Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Someone said there is a charger release in the frunk. (I did not know this!). Please describe!
Sponsored