Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car died in my driveway today, while parked and facing my block wall. The 12V is fine, I checked it, but the car will not lock, the driver window is down and accessory mode will not come on. When I open the door the interior and exterior lights come on, but pushing the start button I just get a flashing green light on the button, no screens and no way to put it in tow mode.

I got two alerts today while the car was parked, collision assist not available and charging interrupted, but it was not even plugged in.

Tow truck is coming in the morning.
Sponsored

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Maybe try turning it off and back on again (disconnect battery lol).
tow truck driver should have wheel Dollie’s to pull it on a flat bed. It can also be towed by a regular tow truck if all the wheels are off the ground (different type of wheel dolly).

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My car died in my driveway today, while parked and facing my block wall. The 12V is fine, I checked it, but the car will not lock, the driver window is down and accessory mode will not come on. When I open the door the interior and exterior lights come on, but pushing the start button I just get a flashing green light on the button, no screens and no way to put it in tow mode.

I got two alerts today while the car was parked, collision assist not available and charging interrupted, but it was not even plugged in.

Wow… any symptoms before this? I’d be tempted to disconnect the 12 v battery for a few mins and see if it resets.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

This still sounds like a 12V issue. Lift the 12V battery cable for 10 mins to reset everything and try again. Jump start the 12V battery if it still doesn't work. Checking voltage with the car off won't tell you enough if that's how you checked it.

When the HVBJB fails the screens will still come up as long as you have sufficient 12V power.

OP
OP
AZBill

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
First tow truck showed up (flat bed) before I left for the Cardinals game and he could not even fit in the tight spot, said the only way would be to drag it. I told him no. Then they sent a wheel lift truck with dollies to get it while I was at the game. It is at the dealer, Ford can diagnose it for me, I have too many other things to get done this time of year.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
OP
OP
AZBill

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
weighted car covers is the only way to keep them out of your car

OP
OP
AZBill

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do... do we need to rat poison under the hood of our Mach Es? like what the hell, chewing straight through the bumper, what are they so convinced they're gonna find that is a reoccuring problem?
So far the dealer found two chewed wires and the shroud underneath the frunk was also chewed. He said the tech got some modules to come up after splicing two wires, but thinks there are more wires cut, because some other modules are still not coming on.
Sponsored