Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Just as a statistic - I picked up a Mach-E FE on Tuesday (2/16) and have yet to have any issues. It started production January 9th and ended the 20th. Delivered earlier this week to the dealer. Will update this post if I run into anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Unfortunately I have no interest in driving a fossilmobile, regardless of spec. I sincerely hope dealers don't keep trying to get Mach-E owners into ICE loaners, that will be a quick way to get owners upset about the downgrade.
A big reason why I wasn’t interested.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Fossil fuels allowed the experimentation, excavation, and motivation to get these beautiful BEV's and entire industries to mature. C'mon, why do we fail to appreciate the advances enabled by last generation fuel or technology! Why do we forget the fantastic contributions of previous advances whether by things or people for that matter? Let's pause and thank the hell out of the Fossil fuels for powering the planes, and Tanks, and ships the stopped an Evil Nazi Fuhrer from finishing his conquering of Europe. Transition with respect and appreciation for what came before to give birth to the after.
I assume this is a joke.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That doesn't seem to add up to me. Cell phones do that all the time (constantly searching for cell and wifi signals. All day long, with small batteries. A 12v car battery has magnitudes the capacity of a cell phone battery. I can't imagine that would drain like 80% of a car battery.
It depends on what kind of handshake routines take place and how the software was written. Searching for signal may not use much battery, but "dialing" over and over and over for 12 hours is a different matter. The car's system CPU would also need to wake up to attempt to process that data. I agree searching for a signal shouldn't wipe out a car battery. I should have fleshed out that there's a lot more going on than just searching for a signal.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Console 12v plug stays on when car is off,I waited 5 minutes and it still was on.

Resting point after off for a while 12.01 v, running 15.22 v with heat, radio and defrost on. MME sat for two days in snow and cold weather (NJ), current temp 27. No issues starting, or error warnings, car was not plugged in either. Current charge is at 71% as if 10:17 ET.

This is the loaner MME, mine is still at the dealer waiting for a part.

23E5D8F7-663C-4C48-8767-1F1976577927.jpeg

9398D7F9-CC19-460C-8782-A63C117E1B14.jpeg

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I assume this is a joke.
Not at all. We don't evolve from fire to Battery powered Vehicles without all the advances in between.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Console 12v plug stays on when car is off,I waited 5 minutes and it still was on.

Resting point after off for a while 12.01 v, running 15.22 v with heat, radio and defrost on. MME sat for two days in snow and cold weather (NJ), current temp 27. No issues starting, or error warnings, car was not plugged in either. Current charge is at 71% as if 10:17 ET.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marlin's Dead Low Voltage Battery (LVB) -- Followed by Stuck in Park 9398D7F9-CC19-460C-8782-A63C117E1B14

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marlin's Dead Low Voltage Battery (LVB) -- Followed by Stuck in Park 9398D7F9-CC19-460C-8782-A63C117E1B14
My fusion currently stays on as well, i'm able to fast charge my phone like this while in a store.

However, I will say that its not 100% always on. There are times that when i turn off the engine, it turns off also. The only thing I have been able to draw a connection between it staying on or off, was the state that my battery was in (hybrid).

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
It’s very funny awarding credit to defeating the Nazi war machine to fossil fuels.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag

Honestly I’m a little more concerned that you’re still waiting for a part.... even with weather issues. I know you’ll keep us updated. Have faith!

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Not at all. We don't evolve from fire to Battery powered Vehicles without all the advances in between.
We don't go back to living in caves from time to time for the giggles though either. I really did think that was a joke.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My fusion currently stays on as well, i'm able to fast charge my phone like this while in a store.

However, I will say that its not 100% always on. There are times that when i turn off the engine, it turns off also. The only thing I have been able to draw a connection between it staying on or off, was the state that my battery was in (hybrid).
I left it the voltage meter plugged
while driving and going into a store, when I returned from the store which was about 10 minutes, I can see from the outside it was still on. Car was off etc.

After taking a 8 min drive 12.61 v was the resting state while off. It appears to charge fairly quickly.

Let me remind everyone who hasn’t taken delivery ——-The MME is awesome even in crappy weather. So nice to drive!

A6A5CBC2-B4EB-4692-BB63-7F7A15D286B2.jpeg
Sponsored