FirstBEV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus, ordered Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Well if it doesn't work with 1 9V it could work with two. You can join two together to get 18V out of them.

Of course not sure if 18V is too much for those terminals either.
Something I just thought of. If your 12V battery is not dead, your car is parked at a store while you’re inside, and you have something valuable stored in the frunk, can someone use a battery to open the frunk and take your things? Or does using a battery to open the frunk only work if the 12V battery is dead? Probably everyday people are not going to have a battery jump to open the frunk and aren’t going to know how to do that, so it’s probably a moot point.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Something I just thought of. If your 12V battery is not dead, your car is parked at a store while you’re inside, and you have something valuable stored in the frunk, can someone use a battery to open the frunk and take your things? Or does using a battery to open the frunk only work if the 12V battery is dead? Probably everyday people are not going to have a battery jump to open the frunk and aren’t going to know how to do that, so it’s probably a moot point.
No: The 12V battery has to be dead for those leads to work.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My fusion currently stays on as well, i'm able to fast charge my phone like this while in a store.

However, I will say that its not 100% always on. There are times that when i turn off the engine, it turns off also. The only thing I have been able to draw a connection between it staying on or off, was the state that my battery was in (hybrid).
Well not sure how many minutes but it did shut off after 15 to 30 min, not exactly sure when.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Good tips, but for some reason it sounds like they are getting slammed about Range in winter and trying to be proactive. I guess we have to get used to thinking beyond just get in and go.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well not sure how many minutes but it did shut off after 15 to 30 min, not exactly sure when.
That's what I would expect. Most cars stay in what is effectively "accessory mode" when you turn them off, for some period of minutes. Although sometimes that terminates as soon as you open a front door.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I just got this message in my FordPass app. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marlin's Dead Low Voltage Battery (LVB) -- Followed by Stuck in Park A2A6F344-A22F-4C1A-B96F-52BBBAAE2FAF

Ford Mustang Mach-E Marlin's Dead Low Voltage Battery (LVB) -- Followed by Stuck in Park A2A6F344-A22F-4C1A-B96F-52BBBAAE2FAF
Got the same message - the title had me wondering what in the heck it was talking about.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
That's what I would expect. Most cars stay in what is effectively "accessory mode" when you turn them off, for some period of minutes. Although sometimes that terminates as soon as you open a front door.
Not sure on the Mach E, but I know on my Dodge it depends on the location you are plugged into. Some shut off when the radio/etc shut off and some stay on 24x7.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not sure on the Mach E, but I know on my Dodge it depends on the location you are plugged into. Some shut off when the radio/etc shut off and some stay on 24x7.
Most modern FCA vehicles actually let you change this behavior by moving a fuse. Best of both worlds.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
After reading that message, they might as well of added another bullet:

*Don't speed and bring a jacket!*

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
@FirstBEV brings up a great point. This definitely makes sense. Where is this documented? I almost want to go try it. I already did it once.
I believe it was mentioned in one of the presentations or videos.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We don't go back to living in caves from time to time for the giggles though either. I really did think that was a joke.
Close -- it's called camping. However, not all of us subject ourselves to such outdoor torments ;)
Sponsored