Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Here in Arizona, getting this message would literally require hell to freeze over.
Don’t be so certain that won’t happen. Take notice of this past week in Texas.

And, aren’t you ignoring your fellow Arizonians in Flagstaff?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Here in Arizona, getting this message would literally require hell to freeze over.
We get to see the other message. :)
Ambient temp high. Plug in please.
On my FFE, I see that message around 97 degrees. So......pretty much all summer long.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Don’t be so certain that won’t happen. Take notice of this past week in Texas.
Phoenix is always warmer then Dallas. To get s low under 20 in Phoenix, you'd have to go back 70+ years.

And, aren’t you ignoring your fellow Arizonans in Flagstaff?
Yes, Yes I am. I am also ignoring all the other mountain hamlets around the state.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well you can't be speaking for the entire state of AZ, flagstaff is one area where that message would prompt you.

Reactions: DBC

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
On my FFE, I see that message around 97 degrees. So......pretty much all summer long.
Yep, that sounds familiar, or at least likely. Keeping in mind that summer begins in April and goes through September.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Well you can't be speaking for the entire state of AZ, flagstaff is one area where that message would prompt you.
Yes, it may. Also if I decided to park inside a walk-in freezer. Flaggstaff is the biggest of the mountain hamlets in Arizona, yet has less than 1% of the population.

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Right. So use your car to control your charging times, not the EVSE. Allow the EVSE to operate whenever the car wants it to.
While waiting for my call from the dealership (supposed to be by 3/9 ?), been following the battery issue threads. I'm getting the seriousness of the lvb depletion and hopefully a sw patch fix. That being said and all things being equal what are the advantages of an EVSE as compared to the mobile charger plugged into a 240v outlet other than a faster charge rate? Charging can be controlled from the vehicle menus and the vehicle also monitors lvb battery condition and charges when needed either from being plugged in or from hvb. Again I know the issues are concerning, but normal vehicle operations should basically be a plug and play whether from an EVSE, 240 or 120 v outlet, correct?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Those steps should not be necessary if the software update has fixed the issue.
Agreed. I've checked in with a couple of folks who have had the 21B02 work done and their cars are holding a charge just fine. In fact, mine is apparently holding it's charge fine, it's just stuck in park now.

So, does that require using the ford pass app? I was going to ignore it for a while since it is so problematic, and just use the fob. I have a a ChargePoint charger and was going to use it's app. That is not such a good idea?
You can do all the charging setup on the screen in the car. Ford Pass app not required.
What Jamie said. Use the FordPass app or the infotainment screen, they both work just fine (when FordPass is working). I agree with others in this thread and elsewhere -- You're better off plugging in your car to an EVSE that can provide power whenever the car wants it and program your Mach E to charge when you want. That way Mach E can override your request as it needs to.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Go ahead. Ignore the rational suggestion to use the car settings to control charging not the EVSE settings when you have it plugged in for charging at off peak rates

You be you.

BTW I have seen video where the MME does alert/warn you to plug in while parked due to the low ambient temperature. Guess it was the nerd in me that has me watching what I can find to inform my experience with the MME.
It's not a personal attack. My point was, using the the car schedule or evse in a way to just keep the 12volt battery charge is ridiculous when the car should be taking care of it.

BTW, do you really think that message is saying, you better plug in during cold temperatures or you'll be stranded?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
While waiting for my call from the dealership (supposed to be by 3/9 ?), been following the battery issue threads. I'm getting the seriousness of the lvb depletion and hopefully a sw patch fix. That being said and all things being equal what are the advantages of an EVSE as compared to the mobile charger plugged into a 240v outlet other than a faster charge rate? Charging can be controlled from the vehicle menus and the vehicle also monitors lvb battery condition and charges when needed either from being plugged in or from hvb. Again I know the issues are concerning, but normal vehicle operations should basically be a plug and play whether from an EVSE, 240 or 120 v outlet, correct?
There are multiple threads on here that are already discussing that very question. I recommend you see how many of your questions have already been answered in those threads and ask further clarification there.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just wanted to thank Mark and others who have been posting about the LVB issues. My car arrived at the dealer a couple days ago; I relayed what I had learned here to my dealer and asked them to check the car carefully for this issue before I took delivery. It was new info to them; they got in touch with Ford techs, did some tests, found that fault in my car, and updated the software. sorry, I didn’t get more precise details than that! We picked up the car today and are very happy with it so far.
did you just ask for SB02 ?
can it be applied off the lot if they miss it?

asking because i'll be taking delivery this week, and I'd like to be able to check whether the update has been applied

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep, that sounds familiar, or at least likely. Keeping in mind that summer begins in April and goes through September.
Blah.....don't remind me. It was 79 degrees today. Only a matter of time before the suffering commences again....:confused:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Is there a way to know if the software has been updated at the dealership?
super good question.... I'm hoping there is a software/firmware 'version' number ;plus last update number like an OS or phone update?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yes. It will be recorded in the OASIS report. Anyone at the dealership with access to that system can look it up. I can't remember.......do I have your VIN already? You can private message me and I'll check for you.

oasis ?
Sponsored