ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
Yes. I finally received a call from the service department on Friday (after they'd been receiving calls from Detroit). They hope the part will be here Monday. Then, with the assistance of a Ford engineer, they hope I can get the car back on Tuesday. I wait.
Sponsored

bcorb0

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2021 Premium AWD
Country flag
Marlin now has a brand new Primary (Rear) Drive Unit and wiring harness. Ford was really quick at getting such a new and major repair accomplished. Most of the replacement was done in one day. The next day was buttoning up, replacing a couple of one-time use bolts, and calibrating the new PDU. The Field Service Engineer was concerned they might not get finished on Friday when the calibration didn't go smoothly but they managed to solve the issues and got Marlin back to me Friday evening.

Here are some shots the FSE took for me, including proof I got some new electric ponies for Marlin:

"Old" PDU removal
IMG_0165.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

The new PDU
IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

Saturday I put 60 trouble-free miles on Marlin and did a partial charging session at the Columbia, MD EA station. Charging on my account worked, Plug & Charge failed. More on that and the trip to Florida as I pick up the story where we left off in
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/my-travels-with-marlin-gb-fe-delivered.3298/
i Just had a similar issue on my Premium AWD. Car was stuck in park, and then when it did move it was making a thumping sound when I drive that increased in frequency with acceleration. Service team determined the rear drive motor failed and needs to be replaced. Have you had any subsequent issues after having the unit replaced?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
i Just had a similar issue on my Premium AWD. Car was stuck in park, and then when it did move it was making a thumping sound when I drive that increased in frequency with acceleration. Service team determined the rear drive motor failed and needs to be replaced. Have you had any subsequent issues after having the unit replaced?
No motor issues at all. Marlin has performed flawlessly since they did the work.
Sponsored