Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Got my MME day before Xgiving and it's been fine for 900 miles. Yesterday Fordpass said something about lights being left on reducing range. Of course the lights weren't left on. It sat on charge overnight and at last contact showed 100%, 251 miles. An hour ago it appears to be completely dead. Only a faint blink of an LED when I tap the doorpost. Now waiting for tow company. Is this a unique situation>
Don
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m sorry to hear this. I’m not an electrical expert but this seems like another case of a 12 volt battery issues that have occasionally cropped up.

Those with more expertise in this area might be able to provide a better background. In the meantime, a quick forum search of 12 volt battery issues will yield a ton of hits That could allow you to narrow it down a bit more.

The good news is that 12 volt battery issues are easy (enough) to resolve.

Plus your car can be jumped. Instruction in the manual (pdf version available online).

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Got my MME day before Xgiving and it's been fine for 900 miles. Yesterday Fordpass said something about lights being left on reducing range. Of course the lights weren't left on. It sat on charge overnight and at last contact showed 100%, 251 miles. An hour ago it appears to be completely dead. Only a faint blink of an LED when I tap the doorpost. Now waiting for tow company. Is this a unique situation>
Don
That sounds like your 12V battery is not being charged or not holding a charge. The 400V battery only powers the motors and charges the 12V battery, everything else is using the 12V battery for power. You may want to have the tow company tow it to your dealer to look at the 12V battery and charging systems for it. There are many threads in the forum about 12V battery problems.

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, will be headed for the dealer once they find a tow company with dollies.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Your dealer should be able to figure this out. It will most likely be a bad 12V battery, something draining the 12V battery when the car is off, or the MME not recharging the 12V battery like it should. Unfortunately the only way to figure out which of the three is causing the problem is to start diagnosing the concern and repairing accordingly. The good news is it should be a relativity easy diagnosis and repair.

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the tow guy did a great job. Up on dollies and off to the dealer.
Last message on FordPass was "your vehicle is in deep sleep mode and connectivity is temporarily unavailable. Manually turn on your vehicle to deactivate this mode."
MME has been fine for 900 miles. Maybe this problem has been there all along, but I never let it sit for 5 days unused before.
Good thing I also have the Ridgeline! Will report back on what I hear.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don
So unfortunate but so much for those people that said this situation has been resolved. I just don’t understand the 12V battery issues. I am no engineer but with All the testing they should have done, this never should have happened.

good luck and hope they find the problem quickly.

JESSIE

First Name
JESSIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EQUINOX, VOLVO. WAITING FOR MME
Country flag
I’m sorry to hear this. I’m not an electrical expert but this seems like another case of a 12 volt battery issues that have occasionally cropped up.

Those with more expertise in this area might be able to provide a better background. In the meantime, a quick forum search of 12 volt battery issues will yield a ton of hits That could allow you to narrow it down a bit more.

The good news is that 12 volt battery issues are easy (enough) to resolve.

Plus your car can be jumped. Instruction in the manual (pdf version available online).
I will be picking mine car up soon and it was sitting for months before it was shipped. do you know if tthe dealer can check the 12volt battery before I take ownership?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will be picking mine car up soon and it was sitting for months before it was shipped. do you know if tthe dealer can check the 12volt battery before I take ownership?
I am sure they can and I will be asking my dealer to check it out and make sure battery is fully charged.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium. Mustang Premium convertible Hp.
Country flag
sat on charge overnight and at last contact showed 100%, 251

Hey Don,

This sounds like a 12v issue. You may want to do a little reading on the HV battery, charging to 100% may not be in your long term best interest.

Jim

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Pop the frunk; charge battery.

Happened to me. Quick fix. Still pain in ass, but no need for a tow, waste an afternoon. Still make sure you get dealer to apply the 12v fix TSB.