tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Got the stop safely message. Pulled off the freeway stuck at an off ramp. All accessories are working. Can’t shift in to neutral. Help!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Call for a tow.

You can power off, open door, then close door and try to power on again. Don't close the doors with you outside the car if you're concerned you're losing 12v power or you will be unable get back in.

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Call for a tow.

You can power off, open door, then close door and try to power on again. Don't close the doors with you outside the car if you're concerned you're losing 12v power or you will be unable get back in.
Done that. Waiting on a tow.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure if applicable but some people have powered down for 15 min and then attempted to start. May not work in your case but worth trying.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry you had to join the club. Happened to me twice, but never while driving. If you don’t get a 12V battery warning, tell your dealer’s service tech to check the high voltage components. The high voltage battery junction box (HVBJB) is a common failure point and has been impacting a lot of owners. My car is in the shop getting it replaced now.

With the relatively high volume of similar issues posted on this forum, I hope @Ford Motor Company is looking into a potential recall.

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update. Was able to google emergency tow mode. Got it out of the intersection. Now everything is dead. Think it’s the 12v

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update 2. Still in the car waiting for a tow truck. The speakers are clicking. I think my car is going insane

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update 2. Still in the car waiting for a tow truck. The speakers are clicking. I think my car is going insane
It's because of low voltage.

Read this quick before the tow truck hooks and damages your battery: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-winch-recovery-tow-points.13553/

See if the tow truck can jump start your battery, then you can drive it on the lift.

Skip to 2:05 if you can open the frunk from inside.

Wiggle the red positive post with the red cap, another guy was stranded a couple days because that came loose. It should be tight and not wiggle.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No that's the 12v attempting to power up the system. Do not try to turn on anything at this point until tow truck is there or you risk killing the 12v completely.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Be sure to report to NTSHB as this is now a daily occurance and dangerous. Who knows how many people are having dead cars and not on this forum. Sorry you are dealing with this, glad you are safe! Keep us posted.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No that's the 12v attempting to power up the system. Do not try to turn on anything at this point until tow truck is there or you risk killing the 12v completely.
This. You aren't being steered wrong with this advice. Get it to the dealer and get the problem resolved safely. And please keep us posted on the final resolution.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Definitely seems like there's no pattern or owner behavior that is triggering these. Charging not charging driving etc.

Very much not confidence-inspiring.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Done that. Waiting on a tow.

try to get them to pull the driver's side cover, check LVB voltage, hook up jumper cables and charge the battery connection points from the tow truck for 20 minutes rather than a 'jump-pack' them typically use for ICE cars.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

sounds like low voltage in LVB. Turn everything OFF to conserve and wait for someone to pop off the drivers side cover, check LVB voltage, and probably use regular jumper cables for 20 minutes or so to get enough energy in the LVB to make it home.

You don't need any tools to pop off the back and drivers side 'beauty covers' if you are careful to pull near the clips. Once the LVB connection points are exposed, anybody with jumper cables can probably help you get enough charge to make it home or to the nearest Ford Dealer.
Sponsored