McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I ordered a 22 premium SR AWD on 10/19 and am still waiting for a production date. I just checked my dealer’s site and they have 7 2021 Select’s in stock. Does dealer allocation reset with the new model year? Should I be concerned that they have a good amount of 21s available? Or could this be a good sign since they are getting a lot? Or does it not matter because Selects are fast and Premiums are taking forever? I don’t fully understand dealer allocation. I also realize I’m probably obsessing and trying to find some hint or pattern since I don’t have anything else to over analyze on week 14 with no production date.
Sponsored

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
As I understand it, those could be customer orders as well that just appear in the inventory.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered a 22 premium SR AWD on 10/19 and am still waiting for a production date. I just checked my dealer’s site and they have 7 2021 Select’s in stock. Does dealer allocation reset with the new model year? Should I be concerned that they have a good amount of 21s available? Or could this be a good sign since they are getting a lot? Or does it not matter because Selects are fast and Premiums are taking forever? I don’t fully understand dealer allocation. I also realize I’m probably obsessing and trying to find some hint or pattern since I don’t have anything else to over analyze on week 14 with no production date.
Not sure, but keep in mind that Ford dealer website inventory often includes customer-ordered vehicles too. They may not be all (or any) actually available inventory vehicles.

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Not sure, but keep in mind that Ford dealer website inventory often includes customer-ordered vehicles too. They may not be all (or any) actually available inventory vehicles.
They are all blue window stickers which I understood meant dealer stock. They also have 2 GTs and another Select on their inventory, but these are all green window stickers.

II’m probably obsessing over something that may have no impact on my order or dealer allocation.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you are willing to obsess over finding a pattern then I can relax a little bit and focus my consternation on the crappy winter weather in Wisconsin. You are keenly perceptive and if there is a pattern to discern you will find it. By then it will probably be spring, life will brighten and you will have many grateful forum friends.
Sponsored