Dealer changed order not showing up in my Ford.com account

dchabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I reserved a California RT 1 back on November 18, 2019. I ordered the car on June 28, 2020. I contacted the dealer to change the car to a Premium RWD Extended Range on August 5, 2020. The dealer emailed me a form showing a completed order for a Premium RWD Extended Range. My Ford.com account still shows the California RT 1 now with a production date of the week of December 13, 2020. The dealer is not responding to me. How can I confirm which car is being built?
Sponsored

Attachments

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I reserved a California RT 1 back on November 18, 2019. I ordered the car on June 28, 2020. I contacted the dealer to change the car to a Premium RWD Extended Range on August 5, 2020. The dealer emailed me a form showing a completed order for a Premium RWD Extended Range. My Ford.com account still shows the California RT 1 now with a production date of the week of December 13, 2020. The dealer is not responding to me. How can I confirm which car is being built?
Its confusing at best in these cases as to what is exactly happening.

Most of the info seen in the forum suggests that if the dealer changed an online order , it should be reflected on the online account. If it does not, it is possible the dealer made a new reservation /order for you and there may be two separate orders. You should do what it takes to get the info from your dealer.

I and a few others made changes to online orders via the dealer and the changes show up on the online order. I am sure sure there are exceptions and the changes are not reflected for some reason.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Seeing your pdf order makes me think its a second order he placed for you and being an August Order date there is no production date yet and perhaps that is why he is not responding to you. For online order changes via dealers to existing online orders there is no need for a printed order form.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If your dealer did it correctly - meaning they CHANGED your existing order - you should see it online. I originally reserved a Select and right after the price cuts called my dealer to change to a route 1. He simply edited the part number on the order, and It was reflected online within 5 minutes. It sounds like your dealer placed a new order instead of changing your preorder. If you can't get ahold of your salesman, call his boss (GM).
Sponsored