Bnordholm

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I reserved a Mustang Mach-E GT at the Ford portal in March, 2021. I designated Koons Ford Annapolis as the dealer. In April, 2021 I received notice from Ford that I could submit the order with options which resulted in a MSRP of $61,900 and Dealer Selling Price of the same. Yesterday the car arrived at Koons Ford AnnapLois and now they are saying that because of high demand they will add a mark up and that if I do not accept it, they will cancel the order. The contract at the website including the fine print is clear. Either they do not understand the contract or are terribly unethical. What do I do?
Sponsored

Jciv08

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I reserved a Mustang Mach-E GT at the Ford portal in March, 2021. I designated Koons Ford Annapolis as the dealer. In April, 2021 I received notice from Ford that I could submit the order with options which resulted in a MSRP of $61,900 and Dealer Selling Price of the same. Yesterday the car arrived at Koons Ford AnnapLois and now they are saying that because of high demand they will add a mark up and that if I do not accept it, they will cancel the order. The contract at the website including the fine print is clear. Either they do not understand the contract or are terribly unethical. What do I do?
I used Al Packer in White Marsh, no games at the end and let me use X Plan pricing to save almost $1000. You have other choices, Problem is you might have to tell them to F off and start over in the process.

Jciv08

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Also, call out the spokesperson Krystal Koons on Twitter @koonsauto and see what they have to say, that might light a spark

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I almost dealt with Coons once before and it was not a good outcome, walked away from a great deal when the sales manager added a 5k "market adjustment"
Fortunately I was in no rush to buy so I am still waiting on my Mach-E

Tony

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I would tell them that you are going to contact Mike Levine about their unethical tactics.

Also, @Ford Motor Company perhaps could get involved in this?
This suggestion has solved this case many times. Definitely contact Mike on Twitter.

DogNPony

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Victory Cross Country
Occupation
IT System Engineer
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
are you on Twitter? if so ping Mike Levine (@mrlevine) about it. historically he's been very good about smacking dealers over the head behind the scenes when people call this stuff out. Ford's at least somewhat trying to keep the ADM situation under control. (*)

edit: I missed someone already telling you that and two more people said it as I was typing mine ?

(*) "they suck at doing so" there, said it before someone else.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
this continues to be very distressing. try contacting the koons ford general manager at the corporate offices for the entire chain.

Koons Automotive Corporate Office Headquarters
Address: 2000 Chain Bridge Rd.
Vienna, VA 22182
Email: n/a
Corporate Phone Number: 1-703-356-0400
Fax Number: 1-703-442-5765
Customer Service Number: 1-703-356-0400

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's very distressing. Koons Silver Spring sold me my First Edition on X-plan, no ADM. I plan to go with them for my Lightning as well.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
That's very distressing. Koons Silver Spring sold me my First Edition on X-plan, no ADM. I plan to go with them for my Lightning as well.
Indeed. However, I recall seeing on a different thread that Koons Silver Spring is (somehow) not affiliated with the Annapolis/Baltimore/Virginia outfits, so I'm hoping when my order arrives I won't have to deal with ADM or any other shenanigans. (Especially because I chose them in part because of @ChasingCoral 's good experience!)

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
When the dealer accepts the order, they are accepting the purchase price. They are being shady...and violating Ford's own rules on the online ordering.