Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer claims that they never received the deposit that was charged on my credit card once I placed my order. I was definitely charged on my credit card, but the dealer claims they never received it. They are still researching it, but they are taking forever. Has anybody heard of this from their dealer? I suspect my dealer is clueless, but I don't have the tools to do the research. Does anyone know how to resolve this??
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer claims that they never received the deposit that was charged on my credit card once I placed my order. I was definitely charged on my credit card, but the dealer claims they never received it. They are still researching it, but they are taking forever. Has anybody heard of this from their dealer? I suspect my dealer is clueless, but I don't have the tools to do the research. Does anyone know how to resolve this??
What vendor was listed on your credit card statement? You can dispute the charge against that vendor through your credit card provider.
I’ve done that with a $1,000+ purchase from an agent of a large retailer. They claimed it was the agent’s responsibility though their name appeared on the statement. I won and VISA reimbursed me.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What vendor was listed on your credit card statement? You can dispute the charge against that vendor through your credit card provider.
I’ve done that with a $1,000+ purchase from an agent of a large retailer. They claimed it was the agent’s responsibility though their name appeared on the statement. I won and VISA reimbursed me.
The dealership was listed on the statement. I think they are just totally clueless about the whole online process and lazy to boot. I will dispute it if they don't get an answer soon.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The dealership was listed on the statement. I think they are just totally clueless about the whole online process and lazy to boot. I will dispute it if they don't get an answer soon.
Yeah, my dealer was confused about this too. I just had them add the $500 deposit refund to the IOU sheet, so I know I’ll get it back one way or another.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The whole reservation process is pretty spotty on quality anyway. I didn't have your exact issue, but Ford inexplicably canceled my reservation and refunded my deposit without me doing anything. I was forced to go to the back of the line on my GT reservation

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
My dealer said Ford received it. I explained to them the process
of Ford refund then deposit to dealer. They found it in their
records in about 15 minutes.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll get it back, but it sure is very frustrating. My dealer is the perfect example of why dealers need to be cut out of the process. Clueless and lazy.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'll get it back, but it sure is very frustrating. My dealer is the perfect example of why dealers need to be cut out of the process. Clueless and lazy.
I just took a snip of the line item on my Visa that clearly stated the Dealer's name and $500 and I had a check a week later.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just took a snip of the line item on my Visa that clearly stated the Dealer's name and $500 and I had a check a week later.
I did that over a week ago and they still can't(or won't) find it.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I am having the same problem. They said that I received a refund in June of last year. Ford refunded my money in June, but Towne Ford charged my credit card $500 on the same day. Over the last two weeks, I've sent multiple emails to Towne Ford, but my deposit has not been refunded. They say they are checking into it, but I think they hope I will forget about it.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am having the same problem. They said that I received a refund in June of last year. Ford refunded my money in June, but Towne Ford charged my credit card $500 on the same day. Over the last two weeks, I've sent multiple emails to Towne Ford, but my deposit has not been refunded. They say they are checking into it, but I think they hope I will forget about it.
Exact situation as me, except that I got a refund for $500 and the dealer deposit of $1,000 on the same day so my dealer couldn't use that argument. I think they hope that I am going away, but it has been over 2 weeks and my patience is now officially gone.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Similar for me, but my dealer has been more cooperative. First, the finance manager took my word for it that I had paid a $500 deposit when I ordered the car. I finalized the sale with that on the paperwork.

They called today because they looked but couldn't find the deposit. They started with the "it was Ford, not us" approach, but I calmly explained that Ford refunded the reservation deposit, but the dealer still had my order deposit. Sent them the statements with the three transactions: reservation deposit and refund and order deposit. They agreed it is in their court to figure it out with the info I provided.

I already have the car and finalized the sale with the $500 included, so the motivation is theirs to figure it out. Will ask them for info once they figure it out, and will pass it on if they give me anything.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I did that over a week ago and they still can't(or won't) find it.
You card comes with a toll free number. Use it. Dispute the original charge that was made in dealer's name.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Similar for me, but my dealer has been more cooperative. First, the finance manager took my word for it that I had paid a $500 deposit when I ordered the car. I finalized the sale with that on the paperwork.

They called today because they looked but couldn't find the deposit. They started with the "it was Ford, not us" approach, but I calmly explained that Ford refunded the reservation deposit, but the dealer still had my order deposit. Sent them the statements with the three transactions: reservation deposit and refund and order deposit. They agreed it is in their court to figure it out with the info I provided.

I already have the car and finalized the sale with the $500 included, so the motivation is theirs to figure it out. Will ask them for info once they figure it out, and will pass it on if they give me anything.
Unfortunately, I paid the extra deposit to get the car. The dealer isn't motivated to fix this now. A crappy review is their only motivation, but that ship will sail with 1 star. I think Ford is partly to blame here, but not to this extent.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Unfortunately, I paid the extra deposit to get the car. The dealer isn't motivated to fix this now. A crappy review is their only motivation, but that ship will sail with 1 star. I think Ford is partly to blame here, but not to this extent.
Call your credit card company. Dispute the charge. That should motivate the dealer to "find" it in their records, I'd think.
Sponsored