First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium AWD ER - Iced Blue Silver Metallic
Country flag
Hi all,

I am glad to have found this great community of MachE enthusiasts. The Mach E I had ordered back in June 2021 finally arrived at the dealer. As I understood from postings here, I had price protection. So while the MRSP on the window sticker showed $59,140, I should have got the car for the $57,140 that was printed on the 10/6/21 order summary. I had received an email from Ford showing the $750 credit to compensate for the price adjustment from the June order summary total f $56,640).

The dealer gave me the credit for the $750. However, they said there was no price protection. I shared with them information from this forum, including the video explaining Smart Vincent etc. The dealer did not budge.

After 4 days of back and forth I got this from the sales manager.ā€So the price is the price. I understand if you donā€™t want the vehicle but thatā€™s the final word.ā€. I reached out to Ford via a tweet and got this response from Ford, ā€œI appreciate you sharing that information. Just for your awareness, your selling dealership truly is in the best position to assist you directly with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the price protection for your Mustang Mach-E order. Dealerships are able to place Price Protection on vehicles through FMCDealer. I recommend continuing to work with your selling dealership directly for more information. Zac Ford Service Team.ā€

Since I wanted the vehicle, I moved forward with the purchase, paying the $59,140 MSRP. I am very pleased with the car, however the lack of price protection sucked. I plan to document this in an email to Ford executives, fwiw. Any advice on what else I can do? The dealer is Grieco Ford of Delray Beach, Florida.

Updated June 16
After an online review of my experience at the dealer, the dealer reached out to me and agreed to refund the price protection difference. Went through signing a revised sale agreement with the price protected price. So a happy ending.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hi all,

I am glad to have found this great community of MachE enthusiasts. The Mach E I had ordered back in June 2021 finally arrived at the dealer. As I understood from postings here, I had price protection. So while the MRSP on the window sticker showed $59,140, I should have got the car for the $57,140 that was printed on the 10/6/21 order summary. I had received an email from Ford showing the $750 credit to compensate for the price adjustment from the June order summary total f $56,640).

The dealer gave me the credit for the $750. However, they said there was no price protection. I shared with them information from this forum, including the video explaining Smart Vincent etc. The dealer did not budge.

After 4 days of back and forth I got this from the sales manager.ā€So the price is the price. I understand if you donā€™t want the vehicle but thatā€™s the final word.ā€. I reached out to Ford via a tweet and got this response from Ford, ā€œI appreciate you sharing that information. Just for your awareness, your selling dealership truly is in the best position to assist you directly with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the price protection for your Mustang Mach-E order. Dealerships are able to place Price Protection on vehicles through FMCDealer. I recommend continuing to work with your selling dealership directly for more information. Zac Ford Service Team.ā€

Since I wanted the vehicle, I moved forward with the purchase, paying the $59,140 MSRP. I am very pleased with the car, however the lack of price protection sucked. I plan to document this in an email to Ford executives, fwiw. Any advice on what else I can do? The dealer is Grieco Ford of Delray Beach, Florida.
Sorry for the hassle, but it could have been a lot worse. If you wanna screw the dealership, refinance it right away. If they get upset just tell them ā€œthe price is the priceā€

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The dealership is going to get a check for that difference, and they owe it to you. Push, push, and push some more.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Keep hounding your salesperson. They will automatically receive a check from Ford once they've reported the vehicle was sold to you (the person who placed the original order). Force them to give you the difference.

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can be the dealer will apply for the rebate, then keep the money.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Shocking. Just shocking I say. /s

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That sucks, if they really said something vague like "So the price is the price. I understand if you donā€™t want the vehicle but thatā€™s the final word", seems like they know they are eligible and just want to include this as a stealth ADM.

Definitely give them 1 star on the survey you get afterwards, Ford dealers seem to care about this a lot, and they may get in touch with you after you do that to try and make it right.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
They want to pocket your money! You have the car. Blast them on social media. Call GM, talk to owner, and call AG office.

OP
OP

SOSMachE

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you all for your comments. The salesman has no influence, and the person I originally ordered with no longer works there. I will follow up with Ford management. Will post back in case Ford responds.

I do not understand why Ford runs a price protection program, while leaving customers who are eligible to the tender mercies of their dealers.

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
Just to let you know many dealerships are honoring the price protection by issuing a refund once they get the money from Ford so that they are not fronting the refund. You may want to bring this up and if they honor it make sure you have it in writing that they owe it to you

Old Fashioned

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep JK, Imaginary Mach E Premium RWD ER
Call and email the owner of the dealership. Keep it up until the owner contacts you. Also, donā€™t let the dealership service the car. Find a dealer for future servicing of your car in the area that didnā€™t charge ADM and also honored PP. You can search dealership names on this forum to find out who is a dealership versus who is a ā€˜stealershipā€™.

Enjoy your ride!

OP
OP

SOSMachE

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you. I will follow up with a letter to the dealer. And yes, I am researching other dealers to go to for service.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
It's quite possible that some dealers refuse to honor price protection, hoping the original buyer will abandon the car. That would allow the dealer to charge massive ADM.

These kinds of unethical business practices are why we seem to be moving away from the dealership model of selling cars. Most people would rather have a root canal than visit a car dealership!

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Can someone explain the price levels to me?

Having a hang up on price protection. The price protection memo states PL220 for the mach e. My order has a price level of 125. Dealer saying since the codes don't match they can't honor price protection. Thoughts?

My order is from August 2021. I know what I think. What do you?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Can someone explain the price levels to me?

Having a hang up on price protection. The price protection memo states PL220 for the mach e. My order has a price level of 125. Dealer saying since the codes don't match they can't honor price protection. Thoughts?

My order is from August 2021. I know what I think. What do you?

I thought it was PL215?

Maybe should them this picture:

price-protection-2.png
Sponsored