Dealer forced us to trade in current vehicle in order to buy the Mach E we ordered 8 months ago.

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
Lots of details here but the title is 100% accurate.

• Ordered Mach E at the beginning of the year and had the dealer sign my order agreeing that we would get A/Z plan pricing (I am eligible for Z plan). They have since removed plan pricing from all of their vehicles.
  • Yesterday I test drove it to verify my wife liked it. While there I got the final out the door price with no trade in which I SIGNED. About a $2k discount versus MSRP and I made them remove roughly $1600 worth of BS fees. As a plan member I should never get hit with BS fees nor should any customer for that matter)
  • Today I brought my best non-expired trade in offer with me to the dealership. (I pulled offers daily for our existing vehicle leading up to today.) Our trade in is in excellent condition and was just detailed. The dealer didn't even look at it, they just ran the VIN and put the miles into KBB.
  • Manager offered less than the existing offer INCLUDING THE TAX BENEFIT and refused to bring their offer up to be equal. Closest they would go was around $500 less than I would get if I sold myself (again, including tax benefit.) Therefore I said we would just sell it ourselves and to proceed with the purchase of our ordered Mach E.
  • Manager then told my sales guy that they would NOT sell us the Mach E we ordered.
  • I then spoke with the Manager directly who was a prick and said that Carvana couldn't sell me a new Mach E and doubled down on refusing to sell to us without our trade in.
  • So I caved and am now a should be happy and exicited Mach E owner but the shit the sales manager pulled today has me pissed off. I just don't like being threatened and mistreated for being an informed and prepared buyer.

• Forgot to mention I have a Maverick Hybrid scheduled for production later this year that I ordered through this same dealer. Iā€™m going to looking into moving to a dealer I can trust.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™d tell him that thereā€™s no way he could have possibly looked worse!
My sales guy was a useless middle man in this. Had zero power and was just doing as he was told. Itā€™s the manager I have a problem with.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My sales guy was a useless middle man in this. Had zero power and was just doing as he was told. Itā€™s the manager I have a problem with.
The survey is more about the dealer and buying experience rather than the salesman. But it sounds like if you rate them poorly (which you should) the management will just use it to beat up on the salesman.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I would have walked out over them not accepting A/Z plan alone. How dare they treat an employee or retiree that way. I don't care if they would have sold it to somebody else. You got screwed. Any tax benefit is none of their business.

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The survey is more about the dealer and buying experience rather than the salesman. But it sounds like if you rate them poorly (which you should) the management will just use it to beat up on the salesman.
Exactly. And my sales guy wasnā€™t bad. Better than average for sure.

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would have walked out over them not accepting A/Z plan alone. How dare they treat an employee or retiree that way. I don't care if they would have sold it to somebody else. You got screwed. Any tax benefit is none of their business.
They did accept our Z plan discount but only because I had them originally sign my order sheet several months ago (part of being well prepared).

I just can't believe they would go so far to refuse to sell just because I would rather keep my trade in.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
If I'm reading this right you only lost $500 on the whole deal so put it behind you and enjoy your Mach E.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I'm reading this right you only lost $500 on the whole deal so put it behind you and enjoy your Mach E.
Trying to. My mom just told my dad though who is the Ford retiree and he is livid.

I also have a Maverick hybrid that I ordered a year ago going to this same dealership and in fear of dealing with the same problem I am looking into transferring to a different dealership.
Sponsored