Dealer forced us to trade in current vehicle in order to buy the Mach E we ordered 8 months ago.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I’m lucky that my dealer didn’t pull any shenanigans. They didn’t take X-plan, but no shenanigans. 😊🐩
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I’m lucky that my dealer didn’t pull any shenanigans. They didn’t take X-plan, but no shenanigans. 😊🐩
I’m just glad I was there. It’s my wife’s Mach E and just the look of shock on her face when they said they weren’t selling it had me upset. She was like “what do you mean” and I just told her “I got it” and went to talk to the “ tinted office of devil managers”.

now my wife is no push over but no one likes their loved ones to be mistreated.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Trying to. My mom just told my dad though who is the Ford retiree and he is livid.

I also have a Maverick hybrid that I ordered a year ago going to this same dealership and in fear of dealing with the same problem I am looking into transferring to a different dealership.
Yeah, not trying to minimize it, you were most definitely not treated right in this deal!

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
If I'm reading this right you only lost $500 on the whole deal so put it behind you and enjoy your Mach E.
Ya I'm confused. But was it 500 or 8000 since OP brings up the tax benefit. Either way, this is a new one - refusing to sell an order unless you give them a car... Extortion-level business practice that everyone should be made aware of for that dealer.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ya I'm confused. But was it 500 or 8000 since OP brings up the tax benefit. Either way, this is a new one - refusing to sell an order unless you give them a car... Extortion-level business practice that everyone should be made aware of for that dealer.
Agreed, totally unacceptable to treat people this way!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Don't be surprised if you don't get a survey from Ford on your purchase. Since they know how pissed you were before the sale, I would not be surprised if somehow you do not get one for your purchase. That being said, it certainly would not prevent you from writing your own Google, Yelp, etc. review explaining exactly what you explained here.

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah. I asked my salesman if he has seen this before and he said it’s been going on the last few weeks. Said the dealership was losing out with people selling on their own as well as people selling their ordered vehicles soon after pickup.

what all that means is the dealership is greedy and doesn’t like seeing the customers make money that think belongs to them.

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
tax benefit as in my trade in reduces the sales tax paid on the new vehicle.

dealer trade in can be less than how much I sell for myself but the tax savings can make them feel the same. In this case the dealer refused to come up the additional $500 to make them feel the same. They would have still been over $1k less than my Carvana offer on paper.

$7500 tax credit has nothing to do with the dealer.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Lots of details here but the title is 100% accurate.

• Ordered Mach E at the beginning of the year and had the dealer sign my order agreeing that we would get A/Z plan pricing (I am eligible for Z plan). They have since removed plan pricing from all of their vehicles.
  • Yesterday I test drove it to verify my wife liked it. While there I got the final out the door price with no trade in which I SIGNED. About a $2k discount versus MSRP and I made them remove roughly $1600 worth of BS fees. As a plan member I should never get hit with BS fees nor should any customer for that matter)
  • Today I brought my best non-expired trade in offer with me to the dealership. (I pulled offers daily for our existing vehicle leading up to today.) Our trade in is in excellent condition and was just detailed. The dealer didn't even look at it, they just ran the VIN and put the miles into KBB.
  • Manager offered less than the existing offer INCLUDING THE TAX BENEFIT and refused to bring their offer up to be equal. Closest they would go was around $500 less than I would get if I sold myself (again, including tax benefit.) Therefore I said we would just sell it ourselves and to proceed with the purchase of our ordered Mach E.
  • Manager then told my sales guy that they would NOT sell us the Mach E we ordered.
  • I then spoke with the Manager directly who was a prick and said that Carvana couldn't sell me a new Mach E and doubled down on refusing to sell to us without our trade in.
  • So I caved and am now a should be happy and exicited Mach E owner but the shit the sales manager pulled today has me pissed off. I just don't like being threatened and mistreated for being an informed and prepared buyer.

• Forgot to mention I have a Maverick Hybrid scheduled for production later this year that I ordered through this same dealer. I’m going to looking into moving to a dealer I can trust.
Really?! …. I’m so sorry men. Your situation brings me the memories of the criminals from my origin country. For my opinion they crossed all legal borders and should be punished immediately. It’s sounds for me like they asked you “sell us your house your kids your wife for few bucks if you want to keep your life”. I would call the police, I would ring all the bells with their names and pictures, I would record their words and sue them, file the complaint with BBB. It’s not ok when dealers play the games and sell ordered cars to other customers, but when they blackmail you to take you property from you it’s a criminal behavior 😡

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really?! …. I’m so sorry men. Your situation brings me the memories of true criminals from my original country. For my opinion they crossed all legal borders and should be punished immediately. It’s sounds for me like they asked you “sell us your house your kids your wife for few bucks if you want to keep your life”. I would call the police, I would ring all the bells with their names and pictures, I would record their words and sue them, file the complaint with BBB. It’s not ok when dealers play the games and sell ordered cars to other customers, but when they blackmail you to take you property from you it’s a criminal behavior 😡
Honestly I am certain they wished we just gave up and left. They would have sold the Mach E for $7500 markup instantly. They currently have a Mach 1 gas Mustang on display with a $7500 ADM.

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you break down the BS fees they tried to stick you with? Want to be as prepared as I can.
$995 Environmental fee
$699 customer service fee

the first fee has nothing to do with it being an EV. They push that same fee on all vehicles.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
You should never get into the situation where you can't walk away from a deal. Sounds like that's where you landed, intentionally or by accident. Definitely a crappy dealership experience, and may or may not be a bad/terrible deal, but at the end of the day, caveat emptor.

I look forward to when dealerships are a business model of the past, but in the meantime, always be prepared to walk away.

Enjoy the Mach-E. It's a wonderful car. Best to put this behind you (post-survey, of course. Heartily agree that they should be called to task there.)

OP
OP

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should never get into the situation where you can't walk away from a deal. Sounds like that's where you landed, intentionally or by accident. Definitely a crappy dealership experience, and may or may not be a bad/terrible deal, but at the end of the day, caveat emptor.

I look forward to when dealerships are a business model of the past, but in the meantime, always be prepared to walk away.

Enjoy the Mach-E. It's a wonderful car. Best to put this behind you (post-survey, of course. Heartily agree that they should be called to task there.)
yeah. First step is moving my Maverick order to a different dealer tomorrow and then the reviews.
Sponsored