Dealer handling fee (in addition to standard $1,100 handling and delivery fee)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My point wasn’t whether from the customer’s perspective this is right or wrong.

My point was why from the dealer’s perspective they might not want to honor what’s sort of a fan/loyalty discount for people who are neither and just read about some discount that they otherwise never would have heard of through some online forum.

Whether it’s a smart move on the part of the dealer is a different question. The deep shortage of Mach-E’s though is allowing for this kind of thing from dealerships. Easy to say you ‘don’t give two squirts’ but if you’re in the market for a Mach-E right now and want your vehicle right now, it’s not like the next dealership down the road has 5 Selects, 7 Rt. 1s, 14 Premiums, 5 GTs, and 2 GTPEs to choose from.
I don’t give two squirts why they want to make more profit.

I also don’t believe any dealer that claims it’s for some philosophical reason about who the “true fans” are that deserve it.

They choose to honor or not honor X plan for profit reasons. If they feed you some line about it being that they’re disagreeing with Ford because they feel some people aren’t “true fans,” just tell them you’ve been a MCA member for a decade and see what they say.

My guess is they still won’t give you X plan. Which just means once again they are full of squirt.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don’t give two squirts why they want to make more profit.

I also don’t believe any dealer that claims it’s for some philosophical reason about who the “true fans” are that deserve it.

They choose to honor or not honor X plan for profit reasons. If they feed you some line about it being that they’re disagreeing with Ford because they feel some people aren’t “true fans,” just tell them you’ve been a MCA member for a decade and see what they say.

My guess is they still won’t give you X plan. Which just means once again they are full of squirt.
To your point on a decade of MCA membership, I think their issue was they couldn’t set their own eligibility requirements, and feeling that the program was being taken advantage of, they were considering withdrawing from it entirely. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I’m not saying ‘this is the reason, now you must accept it and pay more’. People certainly don’t have to, but it’s also the unfortunate fact right now that if a dealer plays hardball, a customer has very limited alternatives.

Frankly, forget X-Plan, most people walking in off the street at this time are lucky to avoid ADM. Don’t like it? The dealer is likely to ask you to squirt all the way to the exit.

(Figuratively, not literally, I’m sure management doesn’t want anyone squirting anywhere on the property.)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
From the rules:

Dealership Obligations and Rules

• The AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement must identify the X-Plan price, the price of each dealer-added option, negative equity on vehicle trade, gifts, and any other allowable fees and taxes. A copy of the factory invoice showing the New Vehicle Purchase Program price in the box labeled or "X-Plan" and a completed, signed copy of the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement must be given to the customer.
Ok so I spoke with my dealership, and had to go about this at an odd angle because I had a feeling they wouldn't accept X-Plan. Sales told me that "due to low allocation and lack of inventory, no X-plan is being accepted on Mach-E orders."

Is that BS? Any firepower to get around that?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ok so I spoke with my dealership, and had to go about this at an odd angle because I had a feeling they wouldn't accept X-Plan. Sales told me that "due to low allocation and lack of inventory, no X-plan is being accepted on Mach-E orders."

Is that BS? Any firepower to get around that?
No I don't know a way around that unless you are willing to start over with a new dealer and new wait. This is the dealer's prerogative.

Some people might be good at haggling. I am not. My strategy is to negotiate pricing across a variety of sellers, including acceptance of x-plan in this case, before placing the vehicle order.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
No I don't know a way around that unless you are willing to start over with a new dealer and new wait. This is the dealer's prerogative.

Some people might be good at haggling. I am not. My strategy is to negotiate pricing across a variety of sellers, including acceptance of x-plan in this case, before placing the vehicle order.
Understood. This is what I assumed but wanted to double-check. I'll see if I can speak with a sales manager to make the accommodation.

All other dealers in my area accept X-plan. Some only accept it on orders, and not dealer stock vehicles, which makes sense.

I do have another MY22 order submitted with another dealer that accepts X-plan, so worst case I'll have to wait another 2 months.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only thing it does is make the windows less attractive to thieves who would steal the vehicle and expect to be able to sell its glass. ? I'm not sure who would buy glass from thieves?
And would a glass thief care if its etched?

OP
OP

gregboulder

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Great thread, thanks again for all the answers!

Final results with my Colorado dealer:
- No change on the dealer handling fees: remains $795.
- But VIN etching ($399) and Pro Pak ($499) have been fully waived ?

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Great thread, thanks again for all the answers!

Final results with my Colorado dealer:
- No change on the dealer handling fees: remains $795.
- But VIN etching ($399) and Pro Pak ($499) have been fully waived ?
I’m also in Colorado. What dealer are you using?

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Idk how you guys are getting to use X-Plans must be on slow moving market? Not a single dealer in NWI/ Midwest will take X-Plan and some dealers aren't even taking A-Plan which seems mean. Even sales people were like yea it's sad cause the people that work for Ford can use there discount. Other than the mighty it just pushes me away from those dealerships. I would much rather buy direct. But dealerships are convenient when you need something quick
Here in SoCal, i contacted about 23 dealerships, and about 10 of them took x-plan on orders.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I’m also in Colorado. What dealer are you using?
I too am in Colorado. My dealer is Autonation Littleton on Broadway. Since I first ordered, I am on sales person #3 (perhaps 4 as #3 has gone silent) and GM #2. My car arrived in Kansas City of 10/20and was delivered to the Argentine Ramp on 10/22 and has fallen into a black hole since then.

Ford says delivery between Nov 5th and 11th, but we will see. I've provided Autonation my X Plan PIN, but am still anticipating a lot of shenanigans. I'll keep you both posted how it goes.
Sponsored