Dealer IOUs for Price Protection

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
All,

My dealer is honoring price protection but their chosen method is to reimburse me once Ford has reimbursed them. It seems like they are within their rights to do this (if I'm wrong on this please let me know).

For those who have completed their Mach E deals with a dealer who honored price protection but mailed you the difference later, would it be possible for you to post examples of the IOU documentation here? I think this would be helpful for many of us who will be dealing with this going forward. Please also redact any relevant personal information.

Im just curious if there is some sort of standard form, some language that is better than other language, etc. My '22 is on the train from Kansas City to NJ, and my dealer has confirmed they expect my car to be here by the end of next week.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm sorry I don't have details as I haven't done it yet but my dealer said Ford did ask the dealers to process the purchase with the current invoice/pricing less xplan if applicable and then they will send me a check later for the protection.

I would say the "we owe" should include something like "2021-2022 Mach-E price protection."

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would find out the exact terminology of the payment the dealer receives from Ford for price protection. If the dealer is willing to give you an IOU then I would suggest a statement such as “upon receipt of (proper terminology) for Mustang Mach e VIN # sold to (your name) dealers agrees to reimburse (your name) the amount received”. Just my suggestion. As an FYI the dealer will receive their payment on a monthly true-up with Ford 45 to 90 days after the sale. It will not be a singular transaction.

KSpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For what’s it’s worth a friend of mine bought a custom ordered escape from my same dealer and a couple months later got a check from the dealer. They didn’t even realize the price had gone up from the original order but dealer automatically sent the check. When I bought my MachE dealer said a check would be out within 2ish months and I fully believe them with no paperwork needed.
Sponsored