Dealer lying about my order?

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
I placed an online order on 10-1 and the status on Ford.com is showing as “place order in progress”. I have not gotten a confirmation email from Ford of my order. The dealer’s internet salesman insists the order was sent to the company nearly two weeks ago. I am thinking the dealer has used up its allocations and they are not telling the truth. What do you guys think? Should I switch to another dealer?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer lying about my order? 23C15F26-EBFF-4B98-93C7-DD3AAF9FD225
Sponsored

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
I think you’re going to need more patience if you want a Mach E.
Actually I ordered a premium in December. Passed on it when it arrived in July because the ride was too bouncy, the brakes too jerky. I later test drove a GTPE which had a much smoother ride and an almost seamless transition from regen to mechanical brakes--which is why I ordered the GT

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I placed an online order on 10-1 and the status on Ford.com is showing as “place order in progress”. I have not gotten a confirmation email from Ford of my order. The dealer’s internet salesman insists the order was sent to the company nearly two weeks ago. I am thinking the dealer has used up its allocations and they are not telling the truth. What do you guys think? Should I switch to another dealer?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer lying about my order? 23C15F26-EBFF-4B98-93C7-DD3AAF9FD225
It will sit there for a long, long time. No worries. If they said they’ve ordered it, they probably have. Mine basically sat there until the thing was actually built.

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
This is normal. I ordered mine on 8/14/21 and it still looks like this. It'll look like this until you get a production date which won't be for a few months.
That’s good to know. With my previous order, the step 2 was green had a check mark and said “order placed” right away instead of the blue ”place order in progress“ I am seeing now. I also got an emaIl acknowledgement from Ford within a day or two

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
It will sit there for a long, long time. No worries. If they said they’ve ordered it, they probably have. Mine basically sat there until the thing was actually built.
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps Ford isn’t sending out order acknowledgments and updating the order status page on Ford.com as they did last year

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
My order sat in this mode for almost 5 months. Relax.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Retail orders don't automatically bypass the allocation system. If a dealership doesn't have any allocation then submitting a customer order won't automatically get them the vehicle, especially for high demand vehicles. Whether or not the Mach-E GT is in high enough demand right now for it to make a difference is unknown and it'll vary from dealer to dealer.

This is a good description of the system overall

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-about-ford-ordering-scheduling-process.2047/

For things like Broncos, Raptors, Shelbys, etc, being a customer order doesn't help you in the slightest, if the dealership doesn't have allocation you're not getting the car. And there are thousands of Bronco customers waiting on allocation. Maybe even regular F-150s due to the chip shortage.

For something like an Escape allocation is unlikely to ever make a difference because there's plenty of allocation to fulfill demand (chip shortage possibly withstanding).

The Mach-E is somewhere in between the two. It's absolutely possible for a Mach-E GT order to be delayed for months because the dealership has a bunch of other orders ahead of you and your order will sit there until the dealership gets some additional allocation.

Last edited:
OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
Retail orders don't automatically bypass the allocation system. If a dealership doesn't have any allocation then submitting a customer order won't automatically get them the vehicle, especially for high demand vehicles. Whether or not the Mach-E GT is in high enough demand right now for it to make a difference is unknown and it'll vary from dealer to dealer.
I was told by a high volume dealer (not the one I ordered from) that they had very few allocations for GTs. The dealer I did order from said there would be no problem submitting an order, that they had plenty of allocations—but I think they may not have been telling the truth. My problem of course is that I believe people ordering much later will be ahead of me in line. The wait, I know will be long enough, I just don’t want it to be longer than it has to be because I chose the wrong dealer

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

This is a good description of the system overall

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-about-ford-ordering-scheduling-process.2047/

For things like Broncos, Raptors, Shelbys, etc, being a customer order doesn't help you in the slightest, if the dealership doesn't have allocation you're not getting the car. And there are thousands of Bronco customers waiting on allocation. Maybe even regular F-150s due to the chip shortage.

For something like an Escape allocation is unlikely to ever make a difference because there's plenty of allocation to fulfill demand (chip shortage possibly withstanding).

The Mach-E is somewhere in between the two. It's absolutely possible for a Mach-E GT order to be delayed for months because the dealership has a bunch of other orders ahead of you and your order will sit there until the dealership gets some additional allocation.
How do you know that the Mach-E isn't a special animal that doesn't follow the allocation model that Ford has been using for other cars?

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Actually I ordered a premium in December. Passed on it when it arrived in July because the ride was too bouncy, the brakes too jerky. I later test drove a GTPE which had a much smoother ride and an almost seamless transition from regen to mechanical brakes--which is why I ordered the GT
Off-topic question, but if you test drove the GTPE which had a smoother ride than the Premium you passed on in December, are you concerned that the GT you ordered might not be the same ride quality as the GTPE since the GT doesn't have the Magneride suspension? I ordered a GTPE mainly because I wanted the upgraded suspension. None of my business, just curious about your thoughts. I currently have a FE that I love - but the ride is a little bouncy at times, so I am glad to hear that you thought the GTPE was a much smoother ride.
Sponsored