Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Off-topic question, but if you test drove the GTPE which had a smoother ride than the Premium you passed on in December, are you concerned that the GT you ordered might not be the same ride quality as the GTPE since the GT doesn't have the Magneride suspension? I ordered a GTPE mainly because I wanted the upgraded suspension. None of my business, just curious about your thoughts. I currently have a FE that I love - but the ride is a little bouncy at times, so I am glad to hear that you thought the GTPE was a much smoother ride.
I was going to say just this. Kyle at out of spec said there was a MAJOR difference in ride between GT and GTPE. OP will be highly disappointed if he doesn’t get Magneride. I wish it was an option on all trims.
Sponsored

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I was going to say just this. Kyle at out of spec said there was a MAJOR difference in ride between GT and GTPE. OP will be highly disappointed if he doesn’t get Magneride. I wish it was an option on all trims.
I watched Kyle as well (several of the reviews). Made me feel good about my decision to spend the extra for the GTPE. That was sort of the heart of my question - I feel like the ride may be similar on the GT - but again, I don't know.

Crow979

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT Performance (on order)
Country flag
I watched Kyle as well (several of the reviews). Made me feel good about my decision to spend the extra for the GTPE. That was sort of the heart of my question - I feel like the ride may be similar on the GT - but again, I don't know.
One of the reviews compared the GT and the GTPE. As far as the ride quality, the reviewer said the GT had similar qualities as the standard MME (with more power) while the GTPE had a much different (and in his opinion, better) ride.

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
Actually I ordered the GTPE. Also, mainly because I wanted the magneride. The order page vehicle image, as it states is for “illustration purposes only”. I also see that at one point I talked about ordering a GT. My bad. I ordered the works, including the mats

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The pic you posted had “Order Accepted by Dealer” checked, so the order has progressed as far as it can to this point. The stupid web site will say “Order in Progress” until production actually starts. At that point it will be “In Production.”

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
The pic you posted had “Order Accepted by Dealer” checked, so the order has progressed as far as it can to this point. The stupid web site will say “Order in Progress” until production actually starts. At that point it will be “In Production.”
I hope you’re right. I’ll feel better once I get the order submitted email from Ford

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps Ford isn’t sending out order acknowledgments and updating the order status page on Ford.com as they did last year
Oh, yeah, let me tell you something about that.

I got generic emails from Ford, but I never got any emails related to the thing being purchased, preparing to be built, built, or delivered at all, and I ordered online just like everyone else. I got a few generic Mach-E related marketing emails, but absolutely nothing specific to my car. The only way I had any information about its status was from obsessively checking the tracker here on the website, using the Ford order page you showed us, and using the other Ford custom order page that requires both the VIN and the four digit coded order number.

I absolutely understand your frustration, and I’d be worried too, except five months after my order, I took delivery of the car I specified and I absolutely love it. I had a ton of trepidation, buyer’s remorse, and just plain ol’ cold feet due to a lot of reasons (content in this forum especially), but knocking on a huge piece of wood, I’m super happy with my Premium 4X in Infinite Blue.

OP
OP

B.Regard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE (ordered 10-21)
Country flag
Thanks, John! Good to know about your positive order experience!

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
My GT rides just fine.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Actually I ordered the GTPE. Also, mainly because I wanted the magneride. The order page vehicle image, as it states is for “illustration purposes only”. I also see that at one point I talked about ordering a GT. My bad. I ordered the works, including the mats
Glad to hear that. Absolutely none of my business, but I was getting sad thinking, what if he doesn't like the GT after test driving the GTPE and liking it? I've got enough to worry about of my own ?
I ordered the works also!! Cyber Orange!

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Mine stayed in that status until it got a production date…don’t believe there’s an issue

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I reserved through the Ford.com page on Oct 1 and my Ford.com reservation page looks exactly like the OPs but I think I saw the "Order Accepted by Dealer" (and I think the #2 step on top, Place Order, in progress) before my dealer actually ordered it. I say that because it took a few days for them to ask for and for me to provide a signed order form and also a copy of my license, and after they got those they said they placed the order with Ford. But like others have said, I haven't received an email from Ford, and the dealer said at this point it would be Ford who would be keeping me informed.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
That's the same screen we've all looked at.....
In my case for 5 months before getting a scheduled for production change !
Sponsored